House Committee Chair Asks Why Did Ford Pull The Bailout Ad
William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com
September 30, 2011
The chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform committee, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is asking Ford's CEO why was their Bailout ad pulled.
In a letter sent Ford CEO Alan Mulally, Issa asks for "a full and complete explanation of Ford's decision to stop running the advertisement." Issa also asks in his letter if any White House, Treasury or other federal employee discussed the ad with any Ford employee "at any time via any manner of communication" and to turn over any documents connected by October 12th.
The ad in question deals with a F-150 owner by the name of Chris who said in the ad,
"I wasn't going to buy another car that was bailed out by our government. I was going to buy from a manufacturer that's standing on their own: win, lose, or draw."
Ford pulled the ad earlier in the week only to have it reappear later on. Ford said in a statement that "the ad ran as part of a planned rotation and continues to run online." Ford also said that "we supported emergency government support for our competitors and continue to support the decisions we made."
Dan Pfeiffer, White House communications director said the administration didn't pressure the automaker into pulling the ad.
Source: The Detroit News