• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

House Committee Chair Asks Why Did Ford Pull The Bailout Ad

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com
September 30, 2011

2012 Ford F-150 FX Appearance Package.png

The chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform committee, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is asking Ford's CEO why was their Bailout ad pulled.

In a letter sent Ford CEO Alan Mulally, Issa asks for "a full and complete explanation of Ford's decision to stop running the advertisement." Issa also asks in his letter if any White House, Treasury or other federal employee discussed the ad with any Ford employee "at any time via any manner of communication" and to turn over any documents connected by October 12th.

The ad in question deals with a F-150 owner by the name of Chris who said in the ad,

"I wasn't going to buy another car that was bailed out by our government. I was going to buy from a manufacturer that's standing on their own: win, lose, or draw."

Ford pulled the ad earlier in the week only to have it reappear later on. Ford said in a statement that "the ad ran as part of a planned rotation and continues to run online." Ford also said that "we supported emergency government support for our competitors and continue to support the decisions we made."

Dan Pfeiffer, White House communications director said the administration didn't pressure the automaker into pulling the ad.

Source: The Detroit News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKbItOQNKc

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,651 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

it was a bad advertisement

JamesBond

Nobody Does it Better

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

I really hate Darrell Issa the criminal.

loki

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,183 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

either "ford" is telling the truth, or they are hiding something. let's try this, innocent until proven guilty. Issa needs to get a life and stop wasting time/resources into looking into the frivolous.

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!11!!

Anyone know how to Caps Lock on a Blackberry Playbook by any chance?

Satty

Smartass Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,496 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Someone bought a Blackberry Playbook?

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 29,651 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

anyone who pre-orders an Amazon Fire.....

SoCalCTS

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

He is an idiot and unfortunately, he is my hometown congressman. It just shows you that being the richest guy in congress lets you get re-elected year after year. He's a kook. Wikipedia him if you'd like to know about his shady past.

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, it'd be almost as ludicrous as the Ford commercial if I had paid full price. But for 200 bucks, I can't complain.

SAmadei

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!11!!

Anyone know how to Caps Lock on a Blackberry Playbook by any chance?

Should be the same as any other BB... hold down a shift key for a second or two.

A Horse With No Name

Firing on all sixteen cylinders

• Members
  • 12,597 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

Agreed!

I detest Ford for running the advertisement...I actually cancelled my test drive of a new Manual Trans Fiesta the local Ford dealer had ready for my wife and I to go drive.

Actually thinking of changing my screen name from 66 Stang to something else, but everyone knows me as stang.

A Horse With No Name

• Members
  • 12,597 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

He is an idiot and unfortunately, he is my hometown congressman. It just shows you that being the richest guy in congress lets you get re-elected year after year. He's a kook. Wikipedia him if you'd like to know about his shady past.

At least Steve Stivers, my congressman, seems like a halfway decent human being...not that I am going to vote for him...but he's not as nuts as your guy.

loki

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,183 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

Agreed!
I detest Ford for running the advertisement...I actually cancelled my test drive of a new Manual Trans Fiesta the local Ford dealer had ready for my wife and I to go drive.
Actually thinking of changing my screen name from 66 Stang to something else, but everyone knows me as stang.

isn't this the same kind of logic that some people hold and won't buy a GM or chry co car because they got bailed out and have been called "government motors" recently? it's no longer about the product, it's about the decision some "bean counter" made...?

67impss

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Well I in a knee jerk reaction to the unknown involvement in day to day operations so used the term. I was very surprised that the Gov didn't have their strangle hold on GM's throat(wallet) but allowed them to run the company with little distraction or intervention. Maybe we didn't see the meddling or maybe it didn't happen, time will tell maybe Lutz will drop a bomb when he's really done he has the stones if anyone does.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Seems to me that the house has better things to do.

Ford should just send a reply of "no comment".

A Horse With No Name

• Members
  • 12,597 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Agreed!

isn't this the same kind of logic that some people hold and won't buy a GM or chry co car because they got bailed out and have been called "government motors" recently? it's no longer about the product, it's about the decision some "bean counter" made...?

Perhaps, but Ford's decision to do this is unconscionable. i would write a letter to Ford explaining why I am not going to even test drive a Fiesta, but no one there would listen.

Anyone got a good screen name for me....I am seriously done with being 66 Stang given what Ford has done...

Seems to me that the house has better things to do.

Ford should just send a reply of "no comment".

The house lacks the level of leadership that your average daycare center has....and the three year old children in the day care center play better than both sides of the house.

Ford should reply no comment....I agree with you!

Well I in a knee jerk reaction to the unknown involvement in day to day operations so used the term. I was very surprised that the Gov didn't have their strangle hold on GM's throat(wallet) but allowed them to run the company with little distraction or intervention. Maybe we didn't see the meddling or maybe it didn't happen, time will tell maybe Lutz will drop a bomb when he's really done he has the stones if anyone does.

The gov't actually did some real good in corporate bailouts... railroads in the 1970's come to mind, as did the first bail out of Chryco.

loki

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,183 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

The gov't actually did some real good in corporate bailouts... railroads in the 1970's come to mind, as did the first bail out of Chryco.

:facepalm:

67impss

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

Stang how 'bout "Horse with no name" it fits and will give a clue to your past :thumbsup: :2cents:

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

Stang how 'bout "Horse with no name" it fits and will give a clue to your past :thumbsup: :2cents:

Perfect!

CSpec

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Congress has no business asking this, just as they have no business dictating the playoff rules of college football.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users