SHOCKER: ocnblu goes green!

With a 13.5 gallon tank, it does not cost much to fill it up, and I can still run 2 weeks back and forth to work if I don't take too many side trips on the weekend.

I like the sound of that...efficient and capable.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hit 2k miles yesterday on its first relatively long trip, a 200 mile hop to Easton, MD and back, to tend to my grandparents' gravesite. I'm happy with this thing, despite its blocky body, no wind noise to report, it's a quiet highway cruiser. My cheeks felt no pain at any time. And fuel usage was very fair. I am going to refill it this morning and post the results.

• 2 months later...

Turned over 3k miles recently, haven't driven it as much since my promotion and subsequent company car. Went and had its first oil change today. After 14 tanks of fuel, I am averaging 20.6 MPG.

Dealership has a cool Wrangler pickup conversion... and a new Patriot FD II with Mopar 2" lift and BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 235/70R16 tires on black aftermarket rims. Lookin' good!

Also ventured down to Shenks Mill for a bit of 4WD adventure.

Edited by ocnblu

• 2 months later...

No issues to report after nearly 8 months and 5300 miles. Love this vehicle.

But with sadness and a bit of bitterness, I have listed my Patriot on Craigslist for sale due to my employment situation. I've been out of work for a month, and summer is the slowest time of year for bodyshops, so nobody in my area is hiring at this point. My UC is at nearly half my last take-home pay, so any relief in fixed expenses is a necessity right now. :(

I am looking for something reliable that I can purchase outright.

If you can make it to Columbus I can offer you the services of a ten year old Miata for as long as you need it.

I also have a Chevy Astro Cargo van that runs well and needs a little brake work that you can keep for as long as you need.

If you need a greyhound ticket to get here I can provide that.

Let me know. I do have wheels for 'blu!

...and if you want to live temporarily in Ohio I know a lot of people in the bodyshop biz and the car biz, I could probably hook you up with a day gig if you need that...

If you can make it to Columbus I can offer you the services of a ten year old Miata for as long as you need it.

I also have a Chevy Astro Cargo van that runs well and needs a little brake work that you can keep for as long as you need.

If you need a greyhound ticket to get here I can provide that.

Let me know. I do have wheels for 'blu!

...and if you want to live temporarily in Ohio I know a lot of people in the bodyshop biz and the car biz, I could probably hook you up with a day gig if you need that...

Sucks to have to get rid of the Jeep....was hoping it would work out. Maybe it will again.

66, that is so cool of you....and man with a good heart to help someone in need. We'll have to meet up so I can buy ya a beer....

Thanks, Horse. I have an appointment to have it appraised today, and I am due to show it to the dealership I bought it from on Monday. If only I got this many calls for job interviews!

This is the absolute worst time in like forever to be looking for work in my field in my area. Between the time of the announcement and our closing, all the vendors we deal with and insurance reps were saying Lancaster County shops are ghost towns... claims are down, and a number of claims that do go through are simply paid out, meaning people want the money and don't want to fix the car or they need the money and don't have their deductible. PLUS, summer has long been the traditional slow time for bodyshops in general, because of the good weather and busy schedules, people are not sliding around and/or they are putting off having a dent fixed due to vacations, kids' summer activities, etc. SIGH... I made the best money of my life between February and May. I'm thankful I was able to do that and put some away.

No issues to report after nearly 8 months and 5300 miles. Love this vehicle.

But with sadness and a bit of bitterness, I have listed my Patriot on Craigslist for sale due to my employment situation. I've been out of work for a month, and summer is the slowest time of year for bodyshops, so nobody in my area is hiring at this point. My UC is at nearly half my last take-home pay, so any relief in fixed expenses is a necessity right now. :(

I am looking for something reliable that I can purchase outright.

Sorry to hear Ocn, That really sucks. Have you considered relocating? Seattle has had a cool wet summer, the body shops are busy here.

Thanks dfelt. Yes, I have considered relocating back to Maryland, but all my family's here. It's just a pain in the butt to be in this situation. I know I'm not alone, I've seen the news, but wow, when it hits this close to home, it really makes a man think.

Thanks dfelt. Yes, I have considered relocating back to Maryland, but all my family's here. It's just a pain in the butt to be in this situation. I know I'm not alone, I've seen the news, but wow, when it hits this close to home, it really makes a man think.

Good luck, Any person especially our politicial morons regardless of party that says we had only a recession is smoking way too much of the illegal stuff as our country has been in a depression since 2007.

For those that want to say unemployement has gone done, WRONG, thank you for playing, the number has gone down due to the people who have run out of benefits and now no longer bother reporting since they get nothing for reporting that they still do not have jobs.

• Agree 1

I know I'm not alone, I've seen the news, but wow, when it hits this close to home, it really makes a man think.

Yes, that it does, in several ways. Problem is (imho, anyway), those NOT in the situation now or ever in the situation at any time, truly do NOT get it ... or ever will. But, such is life.

Very sorry you are having to sell the Patriot, ocn, but as you know, I feel your pain, SOMEWHAT, anyway.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm thinking it over anyway" __ Duncan Sheik __ 'Barely Breathing'

Good luck, Any person especially our politicial morons regardless of party that says we had only a recession is smoking way too much of the illegal stuff as our country has been in a depression since 2007.

For those that want to say unemployement has gone done, WRONG, thank you for playing, the number has gone down due to the people who have run out of benefits and now no longer bother reporting since they get nothing for reporting that they still do not have jobs.

Agreed, sir.

• 2 weeks later...

I start my new job tomorrow morning, at the Chevrolet/BMW dealership I worked at prior to my last gig. Did not sell the Patriot. So thankful. I was out of work for 48 days, much too long for me, not as long as some talented folks in this economy.

I start my new job tomorrow morning, at the Chevrolet/BMW dealership I worked at prior to my last gig. Did not sell the Patriot. So thankful. I was out of work for 48 days, much too long for me, not as long as some talented folks in this economy.

Way to go, Awesome, so glad you get to hold on to that lovely Jeep and you are working again.

So is the job doing the same kind of work as before or something new?

Thanks uncle dave. Today after I left work, two different men took the time to stop me and compliment me on the Jeep. One in a parking lot said the colour is "beautiful" and asked me wut it be call, and the other put the passenger window down in his Civic as we waited at a red light and asked where I bought it, because he wants to go buy one.

But yeah, GMTG, I factory-ordered my 2013 ZL1 and my 2014 shortbed regular cab Z71 this afternoon. :AH-HA:

Edited by ocnblu

You change cars like I change underwear...so...

Maybe I need to shower more often?

Seriously, I hope the Jeep stays around awhile, right now it is really one of my fav. vehicles in the GM fleet.

Ha, nah, Jeep is doing a fine job carrying me around. No way I'm that crazy to consider getting something else after what just happened, I was out of work for 48 days. And I have to make sure things work out. I'm learning to take nothing for granted.

Edited by ocnblu

Ha, nah, Jeep is doing a fine job carrying me around. No way I'm that crazy to consider getting something else after what just happened, I was out of work for 48 days. And I have to make sure things work out. I'm learning to take nothing for granted.

I'm going to remember this statement above when the 2014 Silverado is on the lot, or the 2015 Colorado, and you're saying goodbye to the Jeep :P

In memoriam: all the vehicles I've had since joining C&G...

'03 Saturn ION III coupe manual, blue with tan

'04 Colorado LS ext cab Z71 4X4 manual, green with gray

'07 Sierra SLE1 reg cab shortbed 2WD 5.3L, Stealth Gray with ebony

'09 Cobalt 1LT coupe manual, green with ebony

'10 Colorado 1LT ext cab Z85 4X4, Navy with ebony

'11 Fiesta SE hatch manual, Tuxedo Black with black and blue

'12 Cruze 1LT manual, Blue Topaz with gray/ebony

'12 Patriot Latitude FDII 4X4, Rescue Green with black

Jeez, my argument doesn't hold water, does it? It's OK, if the day comes that you make me eat crow, I'll be happy to eat it. It just means that life is good! :AH-HA:

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: last tank was 24.3 MPG, which included a trip to Assateague State Park near Ocean City, MD last weekend.

A few weeks back in the hot weather, I noticed that the "soft touch" material along the top of the driver's door interior trim panel was bubbled in a couple of spots, separating from the backing. I took it in and the service manager took some digital photos to prove to Chrysler that it was happening (they are hard asses when it comes to warranty claims lately to cut down on fraud), and he ordered a new panel. Yesterday was my appointment to have it replaced. I appreciated the email and phone message confirming my appointment ahead of time (although I showed up an hour early at 8, forgetting my appointment was at 9). It was about 10:20 when they called me to the counter to sign the paperwork, so to be fair, it was in the shop for an hour and 20 minutes (seems a long time, but some parts had to be transferred to the new trim panel.)

While I was there, I wandered the lot and checked out the showroom. There was a nice turbo Dart Limited in the showroom, gray with black leather. I was not the only customer there, there were others waiting for vehicles in service. That's when the bad stuff started. I became aware that their sales manager approached a sales girl at her desk and started yelling at her in front of everyone within earshot. Other employees kept their heads down in embarrassment. He did not seem to care that customers could hear him. It was extremely unprofessional, imo, and I am strongly considering emailing the dealership and complaining about him. What, he doesn't have an office to call her into for a private conversation, if he feels she is not handling her job correctly? It was horrible.

But my Jeep is back to me in good shape and I'm motoring on. Now, about that email...

Edited by ocnblu