Chrysler News: Chrysler Shows A Plusher Side Of The 300

33 replies to this topic

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

It's hard on many cars today to distinguish the plood from the real wood because of the super shiny smooth finish..the low gloss, textured wood trim is a nice change. I really like what I've seen of the new 300...had a base rental trim one a couple months ago, and w/ the V6 it was quiet and smooth, plenty enough power for a daily driver IMO. Even w/ the base cloth interior it was very nice place to spend time...I definitely want to check out the Luxury Series when it arrives..

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

When I sat in the 300 Executive last year, the thing that really jumped out at me in that car was that the wood had a texture. That, along with the color of the leather seats made the car feel like a classy old country club lounge somewhere.

fullmoon97

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

When I sat in the 300 Executive last year, the thing that really jumped out at me in that car was that the wood had a texture. That, along with the color of the leather seats made the car feel like a classy old country club lounge somewhere.

the interior is very classy and retro. i truly believe Chrysler has upped its game. i mean with this, and the dart. not to mention the Pentastar is one of the top 10 highest rated engines this year according to Wards. chrysler is a force to be reckoned with. and i say that proudly as a Mopar enthusiast :)

Edited by fullmoon97, 28 December 2011 - 12:03 PM.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Now.. about that 200......

the_yellow_dart

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Can't believe they still make this hideous thing. Time to euthanize!

im sorry but are you blind? what would you consider an elegant car?

Just about anything that doesn't look like it was designed by West Coast Customs. This thing is too over the top for me, like almost every Mopar product of the last 3-4 years. I will give them credit for the 200 design, too bad about the underpinnings though.

fullmoon97

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

wow you got a pretty backwards way of thinking. the 200 design was a nice update from the sebring but it is in no way better then the 300. you do realize this is a luxury car and there for uses things people deem luxurious. that does include looks. such as the projectors, the LEDs, the chrome, the wheels, the color, the leather, the sound, the everything that makes a luxury car a luxury car.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Nice! Love the interior.

What's the difference between the funky gearshift and the gated one, btw?

The funky one (which I really like the design of) is for the 845RFE 8-speed transmission, the gated shifter is for the WA580 5-speed transmission.

fullmoon97

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Personal threats are not cool.

wasn't a threat. maybe could have worded better. just implying the 300 is faster then the cruze. sry if that was taken the wrong way.

Edit* not to mention better looking ;)

Edited by fullmoon97, 28 December 2011 - 07:58 PM.

the_yellow_dart

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

I stopped caring about whether my car was 'faster' than others at about 17.

I'm not saying the 200 is 'better' than the 300 - far from it. If someone asked me for car buying advice, I'd steer them away from the 200 but not the 300. Styling wise, however, I like the look of the 200 better - that was the point I was trying to make.

the_yellow_dart

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

ps. Just so you know the source of some of my beef with Mopar...

Posted Image

If you had to drive that as a teenager, you'd hate ChryCo too.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

ps. Just so you know the source of some of my beef with Mopar...

Posted Image

If you had to drive that as a teenager, you'd hate ChryCo too.

Nothing bad about a convertible..had a few of those as rentals back in the day...those were pleasant enough. But when they are old and worn out, probably wouldn't be much fun..

fullmoon97

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

no matter if its faster. i know the 300 is going to be more reliable, and just a better car. i have loved mopar since i was in the 3rd grade. yea sure they have had their ups and downs. but, with every one of their cars it has always been that is the mopars were taken care of in the LEAST, the car would last. that sebring you posted is a good car. it just needs to be taken care of the right way. i drive this
Posted Image
and its the reason i LOVE mopar and dont plan on drifting to far away from it.

Edited by fullmoon97, 29 December 2011 - 10:48 AM.

the_yellow_dart

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Sorry, can't see the pic you posted (must be blocked by my network).

Please be aware that I'm just sharing my opinion, and I fully understand that there will always be "to each his own" when it comes to cars. Nothing from the brand appeals to me, but that doesn't mean there aren't some quality Chrysler vehicles out there.

I disagree about the Sebring though. I'm not the only one either; my friends would mock the car whenever I was stuck with it. I would drive my father's Suburban instead when that was available. I don't think maintenance really came into play, as I drove the Sebring from when it was only two years old. It was always maintained at the dealership and only driven about 10,000 km/year. The engine was ridiculously anemic for a v6 (Mitsu 2.5L 6G73). The worst part, however, was the transmission (4-spd auto 41TE). Shifts took almost a full second, and gears engaged with a force I've only experienced from a manual transmission operated by someone who doesn't know how to properly use a clutch. Driving that car quickly was a jarring experience - it needed lots of gas to accelerate reasonably, then the transmission punished you for giving it so much gas. I adjusted to driving that car by letting off on the gas when it was about to shift, like you would in a manual.

Hudson

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Please be aware that I'm just sharing my opinion, and I fully understand that there will always be "to each his own" when it comes to cars. Nothing from the brand appeals to me, but that doesn't mean there aren't some quality Chrysler vehicles out there.

The 2.5L V6 and Ultradrive transmission problems aside, the Sebring convertible was a good car. I drove a base model Dodge Aries two-door years ago...and LOVED IT. With its 84hp and four-speed manual, vinyl bench seats, and NO accessories, that car still turned out to be one of my all-time favorites. Had the pleasure to drive a few Sebring convertibles, liked them very much.

As for the styling of the 300, the new one looks far less "West Coast Customs" than the (also good looking) first-generation LX. The new one, though, looks modern and practical. I just got out of one that I had for a week and hated to give it up (aside from the 19 mpg from its 6.4L engine). Styling is definitely a personal thing, but the new 300 is elegant to more people than appalling.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users