• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,531 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

A Code130R with 2.0t and six speed manual would be a fantastic car. A true 4-seater with real cabin space and practical visibility for safety on the road.

The Code130R would totally negate the need for a Cruze coupe for me. Just keep the e-Assist crap as an option, not a mandatory spoiler of an otherwise authentic vehicle.

Croc

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I like both of these designs a lot...and I can see the LA inspiration came from. The white one is clearly inspired by West LA and the exotics you see around the Platinum Triangle (Bel Air, Beverly Hills & Holmby Hills), while the red one was probably inspired by the Beach Cities and all the classics you see tooling about on a Friday evening going to/coming from the Redondo Harbor meet-ups off Harbor Boulevard. I'd bet my money on it.

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

The 140S has some good styling cues, I like how it looks from behind and the tail light design. But it reminds me of the ELR in how the driver seems to sit near the front of the car, and there is a lot of C piller and tail end and the high butt thing that is plaguing recent GM design.

The 130R thing is a disaster, looks even more upright than a 1-series (which isn't a good looking car).

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Anyone notice the return of USA 1 Plates on both cars.

This was something missing on the return of the 5th Gen Camaro that would have flowed well with the retro look.

Funny Chevy goes global and now is using the USA 1 tag again. It may not mean much to some here but overseas in some places it would be a cool thing for many. American cars have their pockets of fans around the world.

knightfan26917

Mr. Monte Carlo

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

I'm not entirely keen on either concept, but I definitely like 130R better.

Course ... heard some interesting name possibilities for that one ... Chevette, Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo..... At least it is RWD!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Everybody's looking for something" __ Eurythmics __ 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • 28,531 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Those crossed flags and the USA-1 plates make me warm inside.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Those crossed flags and the USA-1 plates make me warm inside.

Both welcome details.

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just an unscientific test:

I had the Tru 140s on my Mac's screen for several minutes when fooling with my tablet. I had five guys come up to me and ask what it was. I then showed them the 130, and the response was far less positive. 'Too retro' and 'for old guys' were the two standout quotes.

Chevrolet should build both. If that's not possible, then I feel the Tru 140s is the one to do. The 130 looks to the past, but the 140 is the future, in my opinion.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

I had the Tru 140s on my Mac's screen for several minutes when fooling with my tablet. I had five guys come up to me and ask what it was. I then showed them the 130, and the response was far less positive. 'Too retro' and 'for old guys' were the two standout quotes.

Chevrolet should build both. If that's not possible, then I feel the Tru 140s is the one to do. The 130 looks to the past, but the 140 is the future, in my opinion.

Interesting.

I would say that the 140 looks like a copy, while the 130 looks original.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

140 reminds me of an Eclipse mixed w/ the ELR w/ Chevy styling cues mixed in. The 130 has the proportions of the 1-series, but otherwise looks unique in a strange way..

RjION

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Well I know I should jump right in and say how much I like that silver thing .........and I do. Yet that red thing has got my attention. No idea what it is I like about it. No idea what it is I don't like about it. Looks oddly old yet it looks surprisingly new. It's one car that I'm going to has to sit on a bit....to see what my brain ends up with.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Interesting.

I would say that the 140 looks like a copy, while the 130 looks original.

Original is a stretch, since the overall shape is reminiscent of the BMW 1 Series.

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I passed around the photo's to the gear heads at work. These are not import guys either. Most are GM fans and most drag race in every thing from coupes to rails.

As of now the 140 was loved nearly by all. The nose was the only issue.

The 130 was given a pass by all but one. He was a BMW guy. Most thought it was too small and did not like the styling.

But this was also not scientific but it was focused at the kind of people who should be interested in a RWD coupe.

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • 28,531 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Comments at Autoblog are still twice as many for the 130 than the 140, which means to me means the 130 is twice as interesting.

AAS

Camaro Member #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Comments at Autoblog are still twice as many for the 130 than the 140, which means to me means the 130 is twice as interesting.

Unfortunately the majority tend to be negative.

balthazar

Yoda of Vintage cars

• Members
  • 13,688 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

All these 'looks like Car X' only points to the narrowing funnel of car styling within the constraints of so many restrictions, IMO.

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

One of the most talked about GM car of all time was the Aztek too. Talk is not a gauge to judge a car by alone.

I agree that with todays box that stylist can work in get smaller and smaller and smaller all the time. It will become more and more difficult to really be creative without being weird.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,483 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

I wonder how a Spark based sporty coupe would look...

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I wonder how a Spark based sporty coupe would look...

Have you seen the guy who built the monster truck Smart car yet. If not it will give you an idea. LOL!

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,483 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

I need to master Photoshop..I have an idea in my head of a Spark Stingray...same pointy front end as the regular Spark, but a 2dr w/ a lower roofline and a teardrop pointy tail...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users