That will buff right out.

Speaking of the Stingray, IIRC a GM engineer totalled a G8 whilst testing in Colorado a few years back..

Yeah, this wreck brought that one to my mind as well. It was a G8 GXP as I recall.

Yes, a red one IIRC and it was on Hwy 82 to Aspen....an incredible twisty mountain road I've drive a few times myself...a paved road that narrows from 2 to 1 lane in a few spots where it's a ledge along a mountainside...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 1 month later...

So here is a wrecked Ute for sale with the Chevy Bow Tie on it. Amazing that on the back of the Truck, they have the Cadillac V logo

post-12-0-82691200-1364920844_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-37825700-1364920860_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-03512700-1364920939_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-68130800-1364920988_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-11680400-1364921058_thumb.jpeg

ocn - those were damned funny.

Man, how things have changed since then. Watching a carload of folks bounding down the corners, banging their heads, and when the car rolls, you see a bunch of $hit flying out of every opening as if they were heading to a family picnic and decided to stop off and the 'ring for a lap. Yup, roll over, crawl out of the window and dust off your button-up shirt and corduroy bell-bottoms. "Whew, what fun!" Good God!

I nearly $hat when I saw those four yaahoos in the convertible Beetle! Imagine if that bugger rolled?!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This topic is depressing...all of those beautiful peices of automobility getting uttery destroyed, often at the hands of their reckless owners. I wonder (well, I'm pretty sure that some were actually) if anybody was seriously hurt and/or killed in some of them.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I hear from my German and UK friends how hard it is to learn to drive and pass the tests and yet this must only be a UK / German thing as the rest of Europe seems to have many stupid drivers. Course this is to not say the US also has their fair share! :roflmao: 

Amazing

• 3 months later...

ELIZABETH, Colo. (CBS4) - A woman whose buttocks were impaled by a four-inch-diameter metal pole says her near-brush with death is a lesson often given but not heeded: Don’t text and drive.

The accident happened Wednesday as Jahnz, 35, left the parking lot of Elizabeth Middle School, where her daughter attends, and sent a voice text to a business associate.

She glanced down briefly at the screen to confirm the text was correct when she slammed into a guard rail, which pierced her car’s left headlight, rammed through the engine compartment, sliced into her left buttock and emerged from the other side. The pole pinned her to her seat. She says she was traveling at roughly 20 mph.

Firefighters sawed through both ends of the pole to free her. The rescue took nearly an hour. She was then taken to Parker Hospital where doctors removed the remaining segment, which a picture showed to be about three to four feet. The pole had embedded itself several inches into her.

texting-impaled-woman-1-blurred-from-nic

Cops: Woman Crashes Car While Shaving Her Privates

PHOTO Megan Barnes is shown in her booking photo. Barnes was allegedly driving while shaving her bikini area when she hit another vehicle.
Megan Barnes is shown in her booking photo. Barnes was allegedly driving while shaving her bikini area when she hit another vehicle. Handout
Internet punsters are celebrating Megan Barnes as Florida's "Pubic Enemy," others are chattering about her "razor sharp focus."

The 37-year-old Barnes catapulted to instant fame for an alleged multi-tasking mash-up that earned the bottle-blonde's mug shot a spot on hundreds of Web sites.

According to a startled Florida Highway Patrol trooper, Barnes was shaving her bikini area while driving south on the famed Overseas Highway when she crashed into the rear of an SUV March 2.

null
Extreme World Travel Adventures
Stay Up to Date on the Latest Travel Trends from ABC News on Twitter
'If I Wasn't There, I Wouldn't Have Believed It'

In the police report obtained by ABC News, the trim job was apparently essential because the arresting officer, trooper Gary Dunick, said the Indiana native told him she was heading to Key West visit her boyfriend.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Dunick told the Key West Citizen.

null
30 Places to Visit in 2010
It gets weirder. In order to pay full attention to her sensitive regions, police say Barnes enlisted her ex-husband, Charles Judy, who was riding shotgun, to hold the wheel.
Yes, her ex-husband.

Their tag-team driving went awry when an SUV driving in front of them slowed to turn. Barnes' 1995 Thunderbird smashed into it. Two of the SUV's passengers suffered minor injuries, police say. Barnes shouldn't have been driving that Thunderbird, since she had been convicted the previous day for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.

According to the arrest report, it was the sixth time her license had been suspended.

After the accident, Barnes and Judy drove off, police say. The Thunderbird limped a few hundred yards before the couple switched seats. "She jumps in the back seat and he moves over," Dunick told the Citizen. "It was like the old comedy bit, 'Who's on first?'"

But the attempt to claim that Judy, not Barnes, was driving was also doomed. Judy had visible burns on his chest he claimed came from the exploding airbag, but only the passenger side airbag deployed, according to the police report.

So Dunick charged Barnes with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries and driving with no insurance. Judy was not charged.

According to the arrest affidavit, the trooper asked her afterward why she didn't hit the brakes when she saw the SUV. She answered bluntly, "I told you, I was shaving."

"If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it," Dunick told the Citizen.

"About 10 years ago, I stopped a guy in the exact same spot... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

ELIZABETH, Colo. (CBS4) - A woman whose buttocks were impaled by a four-inch-diameter metal pole says her near-brush with death is a lesson often given but not heeded: Don’t text and drive.

The accident happened Wednesday as Jahnz, 35, left the parking lot of Elizabeth Middle School, where her daughter attends, and sent a voice text to a business associate.

She glanced down briefly at the screen to confirm the text was correct when she slammed into a guard rail, which pierced her car’s left headlight, rammed through the engine compartment, sliced into her left buttock and emerged from the other side. The pole pinned her to her seat. She says she was traveling at roughly 20 mph.

Firefighters sawed through both ends of the pole to free her. The rescue took nearly an hour. She was then taken to Parker Hospital where doctors removed the remaining segment, which a picture showed to be about three to four feet. The pole had embedded itself several inches into her.

texting-impaled-woman-1-blurred-from-nic

Cops: Woman Crashes Car While Shaving Her Privates

PHOTO Megan Barnes is shown in her booking photo. Barnes was allegedly driving while shaving her bikini area when she hit another vehicle.
Megan Barnes is shown in her booking photo. Barnes was allegedly driving while shaving her bikini area when she hit another vehicle. Handout
Internet punsters are celebrating Megan Barnes as Florida's "Pubic Enemy," others are chattering about her "razor sharp focus."

The 37-year-old Barnes catapulted to instant fame for an alleged multi-tasking mash-up that earned the bottle-blonde's mug shot a spot on hundreds of Web sites.

According to a startled Florida Highway Patrol trooper, Barnes was shaving her bikini area while driving south on the famed Overseas Highway when she crashed into the rear of an SUV March 2.

null
Extreme World Travel Adventures
Stay Up to Date on the Latest Travel Trends from ABC News on Twitter
'If I Wasn't There, I Wouldn't Have Believed It'

In the police report obtained by ABC News, the trim job was apparently essential because the arresting officer, trooper Gary Dunick, said the Indiana native told him she was heading to Key West visit her boyfriend.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Dunick told the Key West Citizen.

null
30 Places to Visit in 2010
It gets weirder. In order to pay full attention to her sensitive regions, police say Barnes enlisted her ex-husband, Charles Judy, who was riding shotgun, to hold the wheel.
Yes, her ex-husband.

Their tag-team driving went awry when an SUV driving in front of them slowed to turn. Barnes' 1995 Thunderbird smashed into it. Two of the SUV's passengers suffered minor injuries, police say. Barnes shouldn't have been driving that Thunderbird, since she had been convicted the previous day for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.

According to the arrest report, it was the sixth time her license had been suspended.

After the accident, Barnes and Judy drove off, police say. The Thunderbird limped a few hundred yards before the couple switched seats. "She jumps in the back seat and he moves over," Dunick told the Citizen. "It was like the old comedy bit, 'Who's on first?'"

But the attempt to claim that Judy, not Barnes, was driving was also doomed. Judy had visible burns on his chest he claimed came from the exploding airbag, but only the passenger side airbag deployed, according to the police report.

So Dunick charged Barnes with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries and driving with no insurance. Judy was not charged.

According to the arrest affidavit, the trooper asked her afterward why she didn't hit the brakes when she saw the SUV. She answered bluntly, "I told you, I was shaving."

"If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it," Dunick told the Citizen.

"About 10 years ago, I stopped a guy in the exact same spot... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

Can we get any stupider as a society. Idiots like this need to be put away safe from the rest of the public.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad day, pristine restored Model A in the family for 45 yrs destroyed by woman on phone, distracted driving in a Toyota Corolla.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/21056/distracted-driver-in-a-toyota-corolla-destroys-familys-treasured-1931-ford-model-a

?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

Sad day, pristine restored Model A in the family for 45 yrs destroyed by woman on phone, distracted driving in a Toyota Corolla.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/21056/distracted-driver-in-a-toyota-corolla-destroys-familys-treasured-1931-ford-model-a

?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com

That really saddens me.  There is a Model-A in my family for probably longer than that which will eventually come to me. 

• Agree 1