Foose Cruze

I like how Foose can draw a '67 Chevelle or '57 Chevy perfectly, but not get the Cruze proportions right...

403716_306247629411305_192487664120636_797202_307336564_n.jpg

I like the longer trunk... too bad the rear wheel is totally misplaced. Foose should have gone 'West Coast Customs' on the Cruze and made it a coupe.

Edited by SAmadei

We work with Chip at work on some of his projects and he has done a few drawings for us to say thanks for helping him. His drawings are like Kenny Youngbloods and are a little cartoonish to the finished product. I expect the final car will have the stock rear and wheel base.

He is more into doing paint stance and wheels on projects like this and I would expect he would not try to rework the rear in this fashion.

I like Chip drawings as they are so similar to the Youngbloods old style. I saw Kenny two years ago and he is not able to paint or draw much amymore. His health is not what it used to be. I have two of his drawings and have them hanging in my car room in the house.

Edited by hyperv6

• 3 weeks later...

VS. the typical Monster Garage fare of vintage iron, there's just not much that can be done with a modern car beyond cosmetic.

Whereas on those projects Foose often did subtle 'tricks' like snugging up bumpers, fairing this, adding the performance hood from the SSGSXGT trim, etc, to make a great car look even slicker, this fare just makes it look... the same with kinda blingy paint.

I'm not sure what that says; tho undoubtedly it will say different things to different people.

I like this treatment, even tho it instantly says 'Interstate Battery'. ;)

• Agree 2

I like this treatment, even tho it instantly says 'Interstate Battery'. ;)

Definitely makes me think of a a NASCAR paint scheme...if it were on an Impala, could slap on a bunch of sponsor stickies for more of a race-inspired look..