This roadblock must be removed:

http://gas2.org/2009...couple-hundred/

riviera74

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

I agree, but do you have the millions to contribute (read: bribe) congressmen to do the right thing? If not, it is a pipe dream. . . . . for now.

SAmadei

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

This is only a problem (from my understanding) for shops doing the conversions. You can convert your own cars/trucks without such licensing.

However, the next issue is that this guy is claiming the conversions can be done for "hundreds"... unfortunately, in my research, you would need to bundle about 10-20 "hundreds" together minimum... in other words, at least a "thousand" or two.

Generally, one needs a complete kit, $500-$800. Tanks will run about $700 for 10 GGE (gasoline gallon equivilant), so for a 20 gallon, you need 2 tanks. Thats about $1900~2200 minimum. This is a price for 2014 dated tanks... it is not clear to me if dated tanks are a real issue... I see people selling tanks dated 2010, which would seem useless to me... but I don't know. Some tanks have no dating. If anyone knows the story on the legality of tank dating and/or expiration, I'd love to hear it.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,875 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Going after the shops is a terrible, counter-productive thing. The grand majority of those who might opt for such a conversion wouldn't attempt it on their own. That being the case, the EPA effectively prevents a market from developing for the fuel as well as crippling the service industry that would do the conversions.

Utterly backward thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users