Cheers or Jeers: 43,000 Mile 1980 Oldsmobile Starfire GT

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A well maintained summer beater!
    • Jeers! A sad low point in automobilia.

This is a very rare 1980 Oldsmobile Starfire GT. It is a one owner car that has been garage kept. It is the second generation of Oldsmobile Starfire GT. The H-body was produced from 1975 to 1980. The 1980 production was only 758 of the Starfire GT. It has a V/6, Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Power Brake, Power Windows, AM FM Radio. All the facory options for this model. Original paperwork is included.

The car is being sold for the 88 year old Aunt of my wife. It was bought for her 30th wedding anniversary in 1980. It was bought at a local dealership that has continued to regularly service it through the years. During a Spring storm a tree fell on the rear hatch and was repaired and the damaged area was painted. No rust. The carpet is faded in the rear hatch area. The car has had a recent tune up. New Delco Air Conditioning Compressor, Rotors & Pads, Wheel Bearings, Muffler Pipe. A couple of the Center Caps are missing. This car is still being driven regularly by the owner.

$%28KGrHqF,!i8E7DCYBDiUBPfcydTKY!~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqJ,!iwE9TOTTP+dBPfc0rRGMg~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqZ,!owE9d!5hkpQBPfc29kDHg~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqV,!rcE88g9ecKUBPfc5Ldmow~~60_3.JPG

Quite possibly one of the only ones left for this year/trim. You'd certainly be the only one at the car cruise with it. Cheers for the preservation.

Yeah, Standard Catalog says that all Starfire production was ended by December 1979. 8,237 total Starfire production. Also interesting is that this is a base Starfire with the GT option, by the T07 in the VIN... not a Starfire SX (D07). Unfortunately, there is little info on these options to suggest popularity in the Standard Catalog.

Also interesting that the VIN starts with a '3'... Hecho en Mexico.

I like it, but would have liked a SX with the Firenza package better for kitsch.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't meet reserve at $2810. I have a 1979 Consumer Guide review book with pricing and this thing was probably double that when new.

If I had cash I'd give about $3000 for it myself. Drive it until the engine/trans croak. Then drop in a nice strong 455/4-speed. Then it'd be a killer.

• 1 month later...

Nice find. I have a 1975 Starfire GT myself. I am trying to find the production number and some parts to fix it up a little. If anyone has any leads to where i might be able to find some that would be great.

POST PICTURES!!! :) We want to see the project car.

Nice find. I have a 1975 Starfire GT myself. I am trying to find the production number and some parts to fix it up a little. If anyone has any leads to where i might be able to find some that would be great.

POST PICTURES!!! :) We want to see the project car.

Also this..... you can add the car to the C&G Garage in the tab at the top of the page