'New' car in the driveway...Cadillac style.

After 10 years w/ two vintage Mercedes, my sister decided this week that she'd had enough of the money pits and decided to she wanted something newer and more reliable for the 50 mile per day commute (been working locally for a while instead of out of town). Working cold air conditioning was a top priority w/ today being the first 100 degree day of the season.

So this is now in the driveway..I ran the car fax, it came up clean. It's a very clean, one owner '00 DTS, 96k miles. I drove it for about an hour tonight around town and on the freeway, it drives great..very smooth and quiet. I guess I will have to take back all the mean things I've said about FWD Caddies. Cabernet red w/ oatmeal interior.

lucyDTS-vi.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I drove it for about an hour tonight around town and on the freeway, it drives great..very smooth and quiet. I guess I will have to take back all the mean things I've said about FWD Caddies.

Impossible; it's FWD generica !! :P

Nice color, nice turbine blade wheels, and this one has the muted 'crystallized' tails with the LEDs beneath, right? Classy; you don't see the discount, off-shelf strip of LEDs most of the others think look fantastic (Caddy too, since). Those tails were totally distinctive, I was disappointed they didn't continue/spread with Cadillac.

Edited by balthazar

I drove it for about an hour tonight around town and on the freeway, it drives great..very smooth and quiet. I guess I will have to take back all the mean things I've said about FWD Caddies.

Impossible; it's FWD generica !! :P

Nice color, nice turbine blade wheels, and this one has the muted 'crystallized' tails with the LEDs beneath, right? Classy; you don't see the discount, off-shelf strip of LEDs most of the others think look fantastic (Caddy too, since). Those tails were totally distinctive, I was disappointed they didn't continue/spread with Cadillac.

Yes, has the LED taillights and quad tailpipe tips. It was a one owner car, garage kept and well maintained from the appearances. I looked all over it yesterday, a few small scratches and chips, no dents I could see..it doesn't look like anyone ever sat in the backseat...no leather scratches or scuffs inside.

lucydtsdashr-vi.jpg

I guess it's FWD for you from now on, XTS in your future? :P

Nah, FWD for my sister...I'll drive it some, but I'm sticking w/ RWD and 4WD.. :) She's had FWD cars in the past (Saab 900 Turbo, Acura Legend) along w/ RWD (several Datsun/Nissan Zs, the Benzes,Jeep Liberty, a Pinto)...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It's a great colour combo and looks to be in excellent condition. Whoever owned it must have taken really good care of it. Be wary of the headgasket on that N* though... while the failure rate was decreased somewhat when they overhauled it for regular gas in 2000, they never really fixed the problem until mid 2003 when they changed the head bolts. They usually fail around this age/mileage so it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on that.

Way to go to your sister, nothing wrong with the DTS's as long as you know they are float mobiles.

I will say this car has many things going for it even though I did not like the float ride.