Build Theme!

Photo

Audi News: Lamborghini Estoque Concept: I'm Not Dead Yet!

9 replies to this topic

William Maley

Denali Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

William Maley
Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com
April 24, 2012

With the Lamborghini Urus making its debut at this week's Beijing Motor Show, a question has popped upped about another one of Lamborghini's concepts; what ever happened to the Estoque concept?

The Estoque sedan concept was shown at the 2008 Paris Motor Show as a way to preview a new model line for the brand. Since then, nothing much has happened.

Autoweek had the chance to sit down with CEO Stefan Winkelmann and asked him about the Estoque.

"It [the Estoque] was placed on hold because of a number of reasons, including the lack of a suitable platform. We haven't given up on the idea of a sedan entirely, but we see more potential in a sport-utility vehicle encapsulating typical Lamborghini attributes."

Source: Autoweek

Click here to view the article

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

It is very clear that they do love the idea of a 4 door performance sedan, but with the world wide economy in the dumpster, they see faster profits in the SUV. I suspect we will see the name plate expand ove the next few years.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

"It [the Estoque] was placed on hold because of a number of reasons, including the lack of a suitable platform."

Just use a Porsche one. Seems to work when you want to make an SUV.

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

"It [the Estoque] was placed on hold because of a number of reasons, including the lack of a suitable platform."

Just use a Porsche one. Seems to work when you want to make an SUV.

GROSS, Can you imagen cross breeding a sexy Lambo with that butt ugly Panamera? :puke:

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well you know how ugly the Cayenne is and the Uterus looks ok (they are based on the same platform).

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well you know how ugly the Cayenne is and the Uterus looks ok (they are based on the same platform).

So would that make it a Bulle? :P

Turbojett

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

yes, but you can still tell it's a Cayenne, which is, in turn, actually a Volkswagen.
the Panamera, however is not.
oh yes, and:

"I think I might be getting better!"

"I think I'll go for a walk..."

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

yes, but you can still tell it's a Cayenne, which is, in turn, actually a Volkswagen.
the Panamera, however is not.
oh yes, and:

"I think I might be getting better!"

"I think I'll go for a walk..."

Good for you, getting better and walking is an awesome way back to sound health! :)

Turbojett

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

huh? I'm as fit as I'll ever be, and I do walk quite a bit nowadays. I'm pretty healthy; not Bob Harper healthy, mind you, but i'm not fat, sick or diabetic.
I was making a silly Monty Python reference with that last bit of my post. it was a running gag in one of their movies where somebody was thought to be dying: "He's not dead yet!...I think he's getting better...Actually I think he might pull through...oh, no, no, he's died."
I always appreciate the good vibes though. :cheers:

Edited by Turbojett, 25 April 2012 - 03:39 AM.

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

huh? I'm as fit as I'll ever be, and I do walk quite a bit nowadays. I'm pretty healthy; not Bob Harper healthy, mind you, but i'm not fat, sick or diabetic.
I was making a silly Monty Python reference with that last bit of my post. it was a running gag in one of their movies where somebody was thought to be dying: "He's not dead yet!...I think he's getting better...Actually I think he might pull through...oh, no, no, he's died."
I always appreciate the good vibes though. :cheers:

Got ya, now I understand. Never watched the Monty Python shows, so was not aware that was from that. So many people seem to have had health issues in the last year, I thought you had gotten sick or something.

Thank you for the explanation, Have a great week. :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users