Cheers or Jeers: 22,000 Mile 1970 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight LS

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Great shape and a panache few modern cars can match!
    • Jeers! Wonder what kind if mess is under that vinyl top?

**** TOP OF THE LINE! ***

If you keep track of what's hot and what's not around the classic car market, you surely noticed how Original, low mileage cars have been driving the market. Muscle has softened and the collectors have been buying Luxury cars as an investment.

The "Orphan" name plates such as Oldsmobile, have been consistantly bringing strong money at the collector car auctions.

Here is a chance to own the "FLAGSHIP" for Olds. A fine example of the yesteryear "Land Yacht."

THIS GORGEOUS OLDS RUNS LIKE NEW!

It starts easily and runs VERY smoothly. I've owned many 455's and I have to say, I've never had a bad one. Probably my all time favorite motor.

LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL LEATHER!

The interior is just beautiful. Panels, rug, headliner, are all in excellent condition.

The paint is not faded and sun worn. It has show quality luster. The panels are very straight. Only a few very minor scratches and a few hard bubbles around the back back window are the only apology. I tried to show them in the pictures, but they are hard to see. The vinyl roof is 99% perfect. It has spot near the rear window that has shrunk a little bit. Again, hard to see in the picture. These flaws really do nothing to diminish this car's beauty. The Bright work is mostly excellent. The bumpers are just beautiful. There are a few trim pieces that could use refinishing. The pot metal on these cars never held up as well as the chromed steel pieces. The headlight bezels and a few other small trim pieces have pitted some. Easily restored if you want to be a show winner.

The engine bay is all original. I could have blown some paint on a few engine parts to brighten it up, but I thought I'd leave that up to you. Some people like the engine original. It would be an easy engine to brighten up with a couple hours effort. The underneath is rock solid.

Loaded with power assists for a comfortable ride!

With the banks paying such so interest rates, here is a great place to park money. Have a ball cruisin to the shows. Take this beauty on an A.A.AC.A. tour this summer. What a great car to drive and be proud of.

I could go on all night about the merits of this one. Take it from a guy who has had more super low mileage originals than most people in this hobby, it truly is a very special car.

ZERO FEEDBACK BIDDERS MUST WRITE FOR BIDDING APPROVAL.

Premier Motors Inc. is a licensed, bonded and insured Pennsylvania dealership with over 30 years of experience with "specialty cars." I am also a notary public. I keep a very small overhead so I may sell only the finest, hand picked specialty cars at the market's best prices. By with confidence that my experience and reputation are of the utmost professional standards.

o6.jpg

o10.jpg

o27.jpg

o33.jpg

o36.jpg

Super clean, but SO stylistically non-descript. Cheers anyway.

This is when the other divisions really began 'Cadillac-ing it up', which IMO led to the Fortune magazine cover circa 1985.

I had to go look up what 'NightWatch' was: headlight delay for lighting your way to the front door.

Cheers, great condition and I like the black and silver sort of art deco thing going on with the interior. My only complaint is I wish it had a longer trunk.

You are joking, right? It does have a rather long trunk...looks like at least a 4- if not a 6-body trunk....maybe the Caddies had longer ones then. As far as '69-70 C-body styling, I think I prefer the Buick Electra 225, esp. the rear end.

Cheers, great condition and I like the black and silver sort of art deco thing going on with the interior. My only complaint is I wish it had a longer trunk.

You are joking, right? It does have a rather long trunk...looks like at least a 4- if not a 6-body trunk....maybe the Caddies had longer ones then. As far as '69-70 C-body styling, I think I prefer the Buick Electra 225, esp. the rear end.

I was joking, the trunk is ridiculous, but overall a nice car.