• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NeonLX

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Saw an absolutely gorgeous 1974 Colony Park wagon cruising down the highway yesterday afternoon. The car looked to be immaculate. It was medium blue with the wood grain trim. I was trying to think how long it's been since I'd seen one of these in action...has to be at least a decade or two. Even my wife thought it was cool!

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

It's always a nice shock to see something so out of the ordinary.

NeonLX

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm a fan of station wagons in general. I'd love a '71 Olds Custom Cruiser (or maybe a '72).

A Horse With No Name

Firing on all sixteen cylinders

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,597 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Love the Custom Cruiser myself, and actually really like wagons.

NeonLX

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Always liked the front end styling of the '71-'72 Custom Cruisers. And the rest of the car for that matter. :)

But back to Mercurys...took my driver's test in a '71 Marquis Brougham 2-door hdtp. That thing was a blast to parallel park! It was also a blast when the accelerator was stomped upon...that 429 was a storming engine.

ClassyEldo

Stock Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've always loved the Mercury Colony Park wagon ads that stated, "If Lincoln Continental made a station wagon, this would be it." [Of course there were appropriately staged models and background photographs commensurate with the image sought accompanying this text.] The hideaway headlamps, whose door coverings changed trim almost annually, were a nice feature on these wagons.

Edited by ClassyEldo, 03 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users