JULY 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!!!

On a Fire Police Special Assignment yesterday - parade duty (Central NJ Anitque Tractor Club's annual tractor parade for the upcoming Burlington County Farm Fair). Only one classic truck in the parade, a 1954 Chevy 4400 flatbed:

IMG_4255.jpg

SWEET :metal: gotta love that Chevy!

WOW, a triple trailer of towing! :P

Saw a Roadmaster Station wagon on the way into work today. Very cool to see as my sister used to have one. It was great, could even tow their 20' boat.

Saw a last-gen Alpina B7 a couple of days ago. Only one of that generation that I've ever seen in person.

Interestingly, it was parked in a driveway in the neighborhood where my church is located. Extremely surprising considering the socioeconomic status of that area.

Black 2013 Acura ILX's everywhere.

I sold one late Saturday. Then this morning and afternoon 2 black base model ones in Manayunk here in Philly, on the street. Then later another black upper level trim one.

They look good and very fitting on the street. More to come.

Followed by a badly painted dull lime green older PT Cruiser, 2 girls piloting down the street.

• Agree 1

Saw a rumbling '70s Plymouth Volare 4dr-- primered and worn out w/ no grille jacked up w/ wide rear tires on Cragar SS mags driving down my street...strange.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

2007 PT Turbo cream color convertible, with an older dishwater blonde driving it top down with a scarf on her head. Reminded me of Thelma and Louise a boring movie to me, but my mom liked it. FIgure it was a chick flick anyway.

I sold one late Saturday. Then this morning and afternoon 2 black base model ones in Manayunk here in Philly, on the street. Then later another black upper level trim one.

Followed by a badly painted dull lime green older PT Cruiser, 2 girls piloting down the street.

They did a really nice job re-skinning the civic....and I agree with you, they are an attractive car!

As I was leaving the Oldsmobile club meeting, I spotted a beige VW Type 3 Combi in perfect shape.

I love those!

Glad your involved with a car club, I belong to several...lots of fun!

Is your local Pittsburgh group very active?

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

WHY WHY WHY, THat is a freakin shame! :(

There is a shop here in columbuis that continually has 10-15 older GM cars outside, they build tons of Donked vehicles.

Saw a Olds cutty, 1969, with W-31 decals on the front fenders...IIRC W31 was a rare package...it had been donked....and it looked like they started with a high dollar nut and bolt restored car...

Second W31 I've seen donked.

Those clumsy new Subies make your Subie look so much more graceful and sporty.

I think the new Subies are slowly working their way into being Azteks.

I agree...but love the BRZ. That may well be my next ride, if I don't go for a Verano or a focus ST.

They did a really nice job re-skinning the civic....and I agree with you, they are an attractive car!

As I was leaving the Oldsmobile club meeting, I spotted a beige VW Type 3 Combi in perfect shape.

I love those!

Glad your involved with a car club, I belong to several...lots of fun!

Is your local Pittsburgh group very active?

Yes, we're one of the larger Oldsmobile clubs in the country. I'm taking an active roll in the club with regards to event planning. Eventually I see myself as an officer, but not till after my job situation changes. They already want me to take over all of the communication and web related stuff for the club, but I simply have too much on my plate right now.

I'd love to come visit some time. For some reason, there is very little Oldsmobile activity here in Central Ohio. I can find fans of everything else from vintage Ferrari's to modern Camaro's...but very few Oldsmobile people.

Good to know your group exists, sir!

I'd love to come visit some time. For some reason, there is very little Oldsmobile activity here in Central Ohio. I can find fans of everything else from vintage Ferrari's to modern Camaro's...but very few Oldsmobile people.

Good to know your group exists, sir!

September 16th, 10:00am, Seven Springs Resort in Donogal PA is the Fall Oldsmobile show. I'll be working it in addition to showing, so if you came, I'd only be able to hang out a bit.

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

WHY WHY WHY, THat is a freakin shame! :(

There is a shop here in columbuis that continually has 10-15 older GM cars outside, they build tons of Donked vehicles.

Saw a Olds cutty, 1969, with W-31 decals on the front fenders...IIRC W31 was a rare package...it had been donked....and it looked like they started with a high dollar nut and bolt restored car...

Second W31 I've seen donked.

Those clumsy new Subies make your Subie look so much more graceful and sporty.

I think the new Subies are slowly working their way into being Azteks.

I agree...but love the BRZ. That may well be my next ride, if I don't go for a Verano or a focus ST.

Donking rare cares should be a crime. I never understood why you would do this as it just looks silly. Do you really get any better road handling? I think not.

Yellow ZL1, belonging to the husband of the owner of our dealership. :drool:

Stopped by a Chevrolet dealer right before I looked at that Dart this afternoon....they had a red one on the sales floor.

Awesome!

lucky. I haven't got to see a ZL1 yet.

how badass is it in person?

Um...I think you'll be really impressed. The whole package comes together quite nicely.

Donking rare cares should be a crime.

I would agree, except here, a '74 Monte is certainly not rare. Chevy built 312K of them.

• • •

In a weird alignment of the planets, I saw -all today-

AMC Pacer X, spotless, yellow with the factory mags, rolling,

AMC Spirit 2-dr, dark blue, extremely dusty, on flatbed

AMC Eagle 4-dr, 4WD, rolling.

Donking rare cares should be a crime.

I would agree, except here, a '74 Monte is certainly not rare. Chevy built 312K of them.

• • •

In a weird alignment of the planets, I saw -all today-

AMC Pacer X, spotless, yellow with the factory mags, rolling,

AMC Spirit 2-dr, dark blue, extremely dusty, on flatbed

AMC Eagle 4-dr, 4WD, rolling.

I think he was referring to the W31 Olds he was talking about, sir.

Black Ferrari 360 was parked next to my work truck when I came out after a service call Saturday night.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

1976 Eldorado that the driver had cut the back seat out and truck and turned that section into a pickup bed. Actually done really nice as it had the same curve you found on El Camino's but just a much shorter bed. The car/truck caddy Eldo was Tan with weird strips. If I was not driving, I would have taken a picture as it was actually pretty freakin cool!

How weird is this, maybe it was a 1969 as it looks just like this one I found on the net.

CADILLAC-ELDORADO-1969-cadillac-11140485-1024-665.jpg

This is freakin weird as I found the actual one I think on this Flicker page of Caddilac pickups.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1339241@N20/pool/page3/

According to this site it is a 1970 eldorado pickup.

7270879636_a19d349732_b.jpg

OK, you guys have got to check out the flicker site for Caddy Pickups, they have a very interesting 2006 DTS Pickup. Was built after the rear end had been hit. Pretty cool! :)

Very cool a company that actually converted caddy's into trucks and did about 100 of them according to what I could dig up.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/7082056559_2539c1863a_b.jpg

Edited by dfelt

Saw one of America's great treasures today, a first generation Seville Opera Coupe in dark gray. It's been at least a decade since I've seen one in person. Unfortunately, it was just a fleeting moment of experiencing the car's glory, and I didn't get a chance to take a picture.

I did some dealership hopping yesterday....

2012 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE-2 4WD "Off Road" (still catches my eye, but no way can I bite on this):

IMG_4279.jpg

2013 Ford Police Interceptor (Explorer):

IMG_4299.jpg

2013 Ford Police Interceptor (Taurus):

IMG_4308.jpg

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4WD Z-71 (went to see what the new pricing of the total confidence package was on a Silverado):

IMG_4331.jpg

On the Chevy used lot - 1990 Chevrolet C1500 Scottsdale 2WD (167k miles, 4.3L V6, Auto, Bench Seat, $5,500):

IMG_4317.jpg

At the back of the Chevy dealer body shop - 1990s? Hummer 2-door Pickup (my favorite of the full-size civilian Hummers):

IMG_4314.jpg