Sales: June 2012 - Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported June 2012 sales, including 1,461 sales of the Outlander Sport CUV. This marks a 13 percent increase compared to June of 2011. Year-to-date sales of Outlander Sport are up 2.6 percent.

"We're pleased that U.S. consumers are confirming our strategy of focusing on fuel-efficient models like this stylish crossover," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "We'll begin U.S. production of this popular model this month in Normal, Illinois."

Mitsubishi had good news on the high-performance front, as well. Sales of the Lancer Evolution continue to grow, with an increase of more than 31 percent in June. Lancer Evolution sales are up more than 35 percent year to date.

Sales of the Galant sedan were up 116 percent for the month and are up 3.1 percent year to date.

"Our overall sales volume will continue to be impacted by our models that have not been in production since summer 2011," Yokozawa added. Total Mitsubishi June sales were 34 percent below the level of sales in June 2011, but sales of models currently in production were up 10.2 percent.

View full article

I guess now I have no stake in it, but the dealership I recently separated from has a deal in the works to purchase a Mitsubishi franchise from another local dealer group. Good luck with that.

• Agree 1

Maybe they could contract to obtail herpes instead?

Mitsu has BAD product....not godawful or unreliable....but I can't rationally figure out how any sane person could want one.

Other than the Evolution, for performance reasons. And even then, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend 40 large on a car.

While the EVO has a cult following, I would say that both Mitsu and Suzuki are two car companies best left to a quite death. Yes variety adds spice, but these companies no one would really miss if they went out of business.

Makes you wonder how much of the Yakuza are involved in keeping struggling businesses like this afloat for some alternative reason.

Japanese are too stubborn that way. Suzuki makes nearly 3 million vehicles a year globally, they just don't see the US as a big market for their tiny cars. Mazda is less than a million and a half if I recall. They all seem to think they are big enough to survive with their own world niche markets.

I initially disliked the new Outlander, but now that I have seen more pics over time, I like a lot about it. I already really dig the Outlander Sport. The OS needs to have its powertrains sorted out.

Mazda doesn't really get it in a couple ways. The smiley face thing for one. And at least they finally got rid of the RX7. That would have been a nice car without the wankel. Miatas a nice car but its a niche market. Mazda doesn't leverage itself very well to translate into sales.

Japanese are too stubborn that way. Suzuki makes nearly 3 million vehicles a year globally, they just don't see the US as a big market for their tiny cars. Mazda is less than a million and a half if I recall. They all seem to think they are big enough to survive with their own world niche markets.

I initially disliked the new Outlander, but now that I have seen more pics over time, I like a lot about it. I already really dig the Outlander Sport. The OS needs to have its powertrains sorted out.

Mazda doesn't really get it in a couple ways. The smiley face thing for one. And at least they finally got rid of the RX7. That would have been a nice car without the wankel. Miatas a nice car but its a niche market. Mazda doesn't leverage itself very well to translate into sales.

Well, Mazda seems to think they are in trouble....

Suzuki and Mitsubishi and Mazda should just merge..... then they might have a fighting chance.

So very true, if they merged, they could actually have a nice wide portfolio of product and be able to grow. But I see all 3 of these companies on LifeSupport.

Suzuki could do their SUVs and trucks

Mitsubishi focus on AWD/Sport.... likely with an intent to take on Subarus like the WRX... Mitsu has the heritage for this.

Mazda could be a sporty bread and butter division with the Miata and RX as their halos.

Use Mazda Skyactive and SkyActive-D engines all around.

Suzuki could do their SUVs and trucks

Mitsubishi focus on AWD/Sport.... likely with an intent to take on Subarus like the WRX... Mitsu has the heritage for this.

Mazda could be a sporty bread and butter division with the Miata and RX as their halos.

Use Mazda Skyactive and SkyActive-D engines all around.

Should put together a business plan that shows the benefits of bringing these 3 companies together and pitch it to them. :P

Merge Suzuki, Mazda and Mitsubishi? Uh, why? Who would run the place? Who would get fired? I have a better idea: at least two of the three should leave the US/Canada market since none of them have any significant impact here.

snapback.pngOldsmoboi, on , said:

Suzuki and Mitsubishi and Mazda should just merge..... then they might have a fighting chance.

So very true, if they merged, they could actually have a nice wide portfolio of product and be able to grow. But I see all 3 of these companies on LifeSupport.

one of my competitor's stores sells both brands and the complement each other well, you can flip people back and forth.

Outlander Sport is updated some for 2013, right? I wish part of the update was a move to the 2.4L engine instead of the tiny 2.0.

your wish is my wish too. or a 2.0t.....

A very rational post that expresses my frustration with Mazda...

And why I think they will never grow beyond much where they are now...

An idea that is both good and bad...they would have competing corporate cultures, and they would have shared weaknesses and perhaps still not enough shared strength to survive.

Mazda really seems to have no desire to go balls to the wall. Nissan does, even with barfy products at times.

they need to think survival long term, and not balls to the wall.

Nissan is a much larger company and can afford mistakes and products that Mazda can't.

Mazda could have never pulled off the leaf or the GTR for example, and they don't have a larger sedan as good as the Maxima, and they don't have a more conventional sports car like the 370Z...RX-8 was quirky and powered by a rotary and sold in tiny numbers at the end...

And the three looks goofy and isn't as fresh as the Ultima.