How stupid are people where you live?

Here in Ohio, pretty stupid actually.

My wife works for a local College, and a girl and her mother were recently complaining bitterly about the girls financial aid. Seems that they were very upset about being charged the CHEAPER in state tuition rate...

My wife pointed out that they were from Cleveland...and they wanted to argue that wasn't really part of Ohio.

Same girl had flunked bio Chemistry 4 times, and they girl and her mom were indignant that the girls chances of getting into med school were going down the drain. They demanded a chance to take the class again at no charge...and wanted to know why the teachers at the College couldn't teach.

Wife pointed out that the rest of the class had passed and that the girl had a 23% in the class...and suggested something other than med school. Mom and girl were even more upset...

So...the question is...how stupid are people where you live.

Oh, New Jersey has it's fair share of stupid people too.

As a fire police officer that primarily performs traffic duty, I'm always questioned about why "I" have closed a road - then told that it's the only way they know how to get home. The people asking usually have lived in that area most of their lives. My standard response is, "Well today you're going to have to learn a new way home." They typically aren't thrilled with that advice :lol:

I'm sure my fellow NJ posters will add their own stories soon :P

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Yea even here in Seattle a state of only 6 million but has some of the highest College educated workers we still have to deal with Dumb and Dumber. Latest one was the stupid extreme liberals that paid for a lady who continue to chooses to sleep and was pregnant and because of the way she looked she went and did something stupid, assaulting an officer, so the police locked her up and later in the night she screamed she was giving birth, but the night shift ignored her as a crazy due to her police record over the last 20 years and some bleeding heart lawyer took up her case and sued the City of Seattle and won a 5 million dollar verdict and says he will manage her money for her after he takes his 33% fee.

Yea right, she is back out on the street while this so called lawyer is enjoying her money. Amazing the amount of people that choose a path of life and then are used to screw over the tax payer.

• Agree 1

And that's a huge part of the problem...a refusal to take personal responsibility. Yeah, I am more liberal than conservative in some ways but I am not an extreme bleeding heart by any means.

• Agree 1

Yea even here in Seattle a state of only 6 million but has some of the highest College educated workers we still have to deal with Dumb and Dumber. Latest one was the stupid extreme liberals that paid for a lady who continue to chooses to sleep and was pregnant and because of the way she looked she went and did something stupid, assaulting an officer, so the police locked her up and later in the night she screamed she was giving birth, but the night shift ignored her as a crazy due to her police record over the last 20 years and some bleeding heart lawyer took up her case and sued the City of Seattle and won a 5 million dollar verdict and says he will manage her money for her after he takes his 33% fee.

Yea right, she is back out on the street while this so called lawyer is enjoying her money. Amazing the amount of people that choose a path of life and then are used to screw over the tax payer.

That does sound like a police brutality case, though. If someone was pregnant in jail they should have recieved medical attention..

That does sound like a police brutality case, though. If someone was pregnant in jail they should have recieved medical attention..

She got it when they heard her screaming at the point of giving birth, but then why was she allowed to even be capable of producing kids that are taken away and put into foster care when she cannot take care of herself.

There are valid reason to have a gov sterilization program. All children that are downs, retarded, etc. In other words kids that actually have undeveloped brains should not be allowed to be capable of reproduction. This is what allows the over all human populations to become stronger rather than weaker. IMO.

Wow, dfelt. Bring back the eugenics movement of a century ago? :confused0071:

BTW, the vast majority of those with congenital mental deficiencies (esp. Down syndrome) are incapable of reproduction. Especially men.

Edited by Lamar

Wow, dfelt. Bring back the eugenics movement of a century ago? :confused0071:

BTW, the vast majority of those with congenital mental deficiencies (esp. Down syndrome) are incapable of reproduction. Especially men.

Sadly, while some are not capable of reproduction, there are still many that are and some moron lawyers here in washington sued and won saying that these downs adults have a right to reproduce if they so choose.

The problem is since the state is taking care of them in a state home, what the tax payers are now responsible to pay for their kids also? No, if a person cannot take care of themselves, then you need to keep them from being a burden on society. This is for the good of the many over the good of the few. We need a smarter stronger human race, not a incapable one.

Guess if this is gods plan then we are all doomed to be stupid compared to evolution of humans using their brains for betterment of society, which means you keep those from reproducing that cannot really take care of themselves.

So...the question is...how stupid are people where you live.

Heh ... what's the criteria?

If we're talking people who believe Ch#$r%*et ... then the results will be astronomical.......

Just sayin'.

;)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"What do you mean how could I do this to you?" __ Juice Newton __ 'Old Flame'

around here, I'm convinced the stupid people outnumber us smart people 100:1

An actual conversation I had with some kid with a flat tire the other night.

Me: Hey, kid, you know you got a flat tire, right?

Kid: (obviously stoned; stops, contemplates, suddenly becomes offended) Whaaaat?

Me: The tire on your car is flat. you need to put air in it.

Kid: What'd you say? You wanna fight punk?

Me: Dude, you gotta, like, fix your wheel maaaan, it's totally f**ked up.

Kid: (finally notices his tire) Oh, sh**, sorry bro, didn't see that.

seriously, I don't understand that. It makes NO sense. Has the term "flat tire" suddenly become some sort of insult in the past few years, and I didn't know about it?

• Agree 1

around here, I'm convinced the stupid people outnumber us smart people 100:1

An actual conversation I had with some kid with a flat tire the other night.

Me: Hey, kid, you know you got a flat tire, right?

Kid: (obviously stoned; stops, contemplates, suddenly becomes offended) Whaaaat?

Me: The tire on your car is flat. you need to put air in it.

Kid: What'd you say? You wanna fight punk?

Me: Dude, you gotta, like, fix your wheel maaaan, it's totally f**ked up.

Kid: (finally notices his tire) Oh, sh**, sorry bro, didn't see that.

seriously, I don't understand that. It makes NO sense. Has the term "flat tire" suddenly become some sort of insult in the past few years, and I didn't know about it?

You have just hit on my biggest complaint about our country right here right now with this post. Everyone is entitled to every damn thing....the kid felt he was "entitled" to not have a flat, and you interrupted his 'perfect" world by pointing out reality.

Americans have very little patience with reality, I am afraid....

I always sort of thought of Ohio as high in the middle and round on both ends./Warner Bros.

Given the number of fat people that live here, maybe you should consider it round in the middle and round on both ends. I was on the roof of a convenience store, notice a guy that must have been 600 lbs plus getting out of a Grand Am. And I do mean 600 lbs plus....I've had a neighbor and a friend both over 500, and this guy was nowhere near skinny enough to be five hundred...

So I come down off the roof to check the stat inside the store and restart the unit..watch the guy at the soda fountain. He downs literally a gallon and a half of mountain Dew, and takes another three liters of mountain dew at the sales counter...and then asks for directions to Mac Donalds.

Ohio is pretty much fat and stupid....this in no way is meant as a slam against guys like Hyper and 67 IMP SS that also has to suffer though living here.

But one of my fav. Authors often has people moving or driving to the west coast...they never so much as stop in Ohio for more than a cup of Coffee...

I think she's on to something.

I always sort of thought of Ohio as high in the middle and round on both ends./Warner Bros.

Given the number of fat people that live here, maybe you should consider it round in the middle and round on both ends. I was on the roof of a convenience store, notice a guy that must have been 600 lbs plus getting out of a Grand Am. And I do mean 600 lbs plus....I've had a neighbor and a friend both over 500, and this guy was nowhere near skinny enough to be five hundred...

So I come down off the roof to check the stat inside the store and restart the unit..watch the guy at the soda fountain. He downs literally a gallon and a half of mountain Dew, and takes another three liters of mountain dew at the sales counter...and then asks for directions to Mac Donalds.

Ohio is pretty much fat and stupid....this in no way is meant as a slam against guys like Hyper and 67 IMP SS that also has to suffer though living here.

But one of my fav. Authors often has people moving or driving to the west coast...they never so much as stop in Ohio for more than a cup of Coffee...

That's sad... having grown up in Ohio, I knew a lot of good places and people in the state...and great roads...but of my old college and grad school buddies, most don't live in Ohio anymore...most are out of state now (Cali, Chicago, Boston, DC, Fla, etc)....

That's sad... having grown up in Ohio, I knew a lot of good places and people in the state...and great roads...but of my old college and grad school buddies, most don't live in Ohio anymore...most are out of state now (Cali, Chicago, Boston, DC, Fla, etc)....

the good outweighs the bad, otherwise I would leave.

I just have a short fuse for human stupidity, I guess.

no I don't think it was that, i think it was more that he was fried out of his mind.

Luckily, I speak Dumbass.

He may well have been out of his mind, indeed...