Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Still driv'n this thing

Requirements................Build me a Chevy or Buick thats equipt just like my ION 3 with the enhanced performace package. Yes I know some other crap like TPMS will be on the car so the price will go up.....thats fine. But I rather have auto headlamps, auto dimming rear view mirror and map light then a blue tooth or yellow teeth.

EDIT PS: The Solstice, hey I got that thing for almost nothing, it's a base little slug thats fun to drive. Oh and for those that have never had one .... you can get alot of crap in the back with the top down. I would have never thought it possible.

Edited by RjION

I'll get out a get a picture of it with the new wheels on it............but hey still I'd like a new car with about he same power to weight and the same euipment. I don't need any more and don't want anything less.

Ok I took a shot this morn'n of the latest set of wheels I put on this thing. Not that I didn't like the last ones....just didn't like the look of 16's. I hope the turbo Verano cames standard with map lights, auto headlamps, foglamps, auto dimming mirror w/ temp and compass, 6disc, cloth, and NO sunroof. I have no use for bluetooth, a home theater, or nav so they can save that crap for options.ION3W394_hf.jpg

I hope the turbo Verano cames standard with map lights, auto headlamps, foglamps, auto dimming mirror w/ temp and compass, 6disc, cloth, and NO sunroof.

Map lights - check

auto headlamps - check

foglamps - at least optional

auto dimming mirror - check

temp/compass - not in mirror, but yes they are there

6 disc - changers are being phased out across all manufacturers, sorry

cloth - probably leather or leatherette standard

sunroof - will be your choice

Plastic seats what a joy, leather almost as bad, can do without the 6 disc. Will not buy if a sunroof is standard.

Yea for me at 6'6" tall, sun roofs eat up valuable head room. I will pass on them also.

• Agree 2

• 3 months later...

Sun roofs are nice but would not miss it, I like my head room more. But then GM Dealers seem to think if an auto has a sunroof everyone wants one and i have never found them without.

Perfect example is I have plenty of room for sitting up straight the way I like in my 2006 Escalade ESV, but the new Escalades I have to be reclined as they do not have the interior room and even in the rare escalade I found with no sun roof, I still could not sit up straight. Yes I did make sure the seat was all the way down, but GM seems to have stopped allowing to the floor sitting position so us really tall guys are pretty much out of luck on the current generation of SUV's. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I like sitting straight up also. I like being up on the wheel up in the seat for a better view of whats around me. Laying down in the car oozing down the hiway is not my driving style.

Not to mention the safety issue of these peeps who can barely see over the dash due to being so reclined as it being just stupid.

I like sitting straight up also. I like being up on the wheel up in the seat for a better view of whats around me. Laying down in the car oozing down the hiway is not my driving style.

Not to mention the safety issue of these peeps who can barely see over the dash due to being so reclined as it being just stupid.

For those reasons and more brother, for those reasons and more.

• 7 months later...

Yep.............almost a year later and I'm still driving this ION. Got rid of the Solstice and bought one of those junk ass underpowered no torque 2014 KIA Forte EX's. I didn't buy a new Cruze as I hoped, GM just doesn't want to get at least 189hp in one that would make me happy.

• 1 year later...

Above it says I removed the photo. I didn't remove a photo. I didn't move the photo. I didn't do anything to the photo. I think this site lost control of the photo so here are a few more.

post-2804-0-31891000-1403559288_thumb.jp

post-2804-0-42784700-1403559332_thumb.jp

Edited by RjION

If the 3 had another 30hp it would almost nice lol......it's just so bloody ugly. The Speed3 is even more ugly. When I say that my Son he starts turning red with anger, he bought one of those damn ugly Speed3's .... At least it's quick for a 4banger I tell him. lol

No the power of the new SkyActive 2.5 is rather nice.....it's just the car is so damn ugly.

Edited by RjION

I think the new '14 3 looks impressive.  Easily the best looking car in the class.  Quite a turnaround from the recent, "toofless grin, maniacal clown" look.  But it got expensive.  That's where the market resistance lies, imo, certainly not in looks.