Other stuff I've been eyeballing

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3089585561.html

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3109442941.html

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3162311087.html

There are a few others I'm thinking about as well. And, remember that ex-fire chief Suburban I posted a while back? It's still available too.

Might buy something, might not, but I'm looking carefully.

I'd really like to find an older 2500 series regular cab 4x4 with a snow plow and low miles for a reasonable price. If I find that, both the Tahoe and the ROPOS go on the block.

I'm thinking he'll know it when he sees it. You know how it goes, you've been to a few AA (Automobiles Anonymous) meetings yourself.

And yeah, this is certainly true.

The stepside is gawgeous, primered fender notwithstanding.

I second the stepside...like it better than the others by a long shot!

That work truck...I like that also!

I love that color green. I call it Game Warden Green. It can be special ordered on a new GM truck. I think it'd be cool to have a shortie in that color with Cragar Soft 8 wheels and BFG All-Terrain T/A tires.

In fact, I'm going to call about that first one tomorrow.

That one seemed to fit your basic criteria. Curious what you find out.

Plus you might be able to sell that lift gate to defray some of the purchase price...

True. The lift gate is worth a few bucks, but can also be a handy thing to have.

The green is a long-standing fleet color on GM trucks, I can't quite remember what it is called though...

Good luck!

Several years ago, when I was buying the Miata I was also thinking about building a mildly modified S-10. Looked at a second gen S-10 that was that color....neat truck.

Keep us posted, dude!

Or maybe something Mother truck-ish:

http://westernmass.c...3087259631.html

This one ton is a sweet ride. I always like this look and yes I know it is a football field long and wide, but nothing like Truckin!!! :P

Just wish it was a diesel.

Edited by dfelt

I'm all but convinced to make the trip, just have to figure out the logistics.

Oh, and that stepside we all seem to love?

I talked with the owner and it isn't really what I need, but it would make a great toy!

Wood bed, 292 straight six, no AC...

• Agree 1

I'm all but convinced to make the trip, just have to figure out the logistics.

Oh, and that stepside we all seem to love?

I talked with the owner and it isn't really what I need, but it would make a great toy!

Wood bed, 292 straight six, no AC...

Sounds like a neat little truck!

Improves the odds you're coming home with something after that drive! Too bad they pre-date the GM supplied hours meter on the engine...

That's true, I expect to drive one of them home.

No big thing on the hour meter, the miles are enough for me to make a judgement looking at the two.

Well, we haven't heard from you so I'm assuming you're on your trip to buy the truck now.

However, if it doesn't work out, the GMC dealer I pass on the way into work has a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE1 4WD with the 8.1L V8 and a Manual Trans with 54K miles for $17k: http://www.colemanbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2006-GMC-Sierra_2500HD-4WD_Regular_Cab_Long_Box_SLE1-Lawrenceville-NJ/1802892013

5703535853x250.jpg

• Agree 1

Both trucks were far more rotted than I could stomach, had to say no. Then, couldn't find a way home until 68 came to the rescue and volunteered to drive me back. I arrived to find that the dogs had had an awful fight.

Just not a very good 36 hour period.