SEPTEMBER 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!!!

ocnblu

After some gentle cattle prodding, I've come to realize that we need a September Car Spotters thread up in herr! So, let's wind down our summer with a nice munt of cool evening spots of new, old, or just plain unusual vehicle spottings!

1960 Massey Ferguson 95 Super. 7.0L inline six diesel that's governed at 1500 RPM. This thing could tug your house right off if its foundation without raising a sweat.

IMAG0730.jpg

Edited by NeonLX

Saw some wierdness w/ badging over the last few days...

Saw a Dodge Ram that someone had reworked the taillight badging to read 'DOUG'.

Saw a Chevy Volt that someone had rearranged the lettering to read 'VLOT'.

Saw a black Tahoe in Ohio that had the door badging changed to something like 'KINGSTON' or 'KINGMAN' in factory-styling lettering...strange.

1956 Plymouth Savoy sedan, white over black, sitting in a driveway, sadly.

1964 Pontiac Catalina coupe, aqua, nice paint but over some rust spots, painted bumpers, poor interior, for sale.

1969 Camaro, green, nice shape, sitting in driveway, told by a buddy it's never going to be for sale.

1971 GTO, orange, nice shape, next to the Catalina, looked like a driver, no info.

Saw some wierdness w/ badging over the last few days...

Saw a Dodge Ram that someone had reworked the taillight badging to read 'DOUG'.

Saw a Chevy Volt that someone had rearranged the lettering to read 'VLOT'.

Saw a black Tahoe in Ohio that had the door badging changed to something like 'KINGSTON' or 'KINGMAN' in factory-styling lettering...strange.

i think that last one is a custom conversion deal.

Sorry for the crummy quality--garage was set way back and my phone cam don't zoom too good. Car is a '67 Belvedere sedan, wanted to look closer but it ain't a friendly looking place.

Gonna stick this in here purely out of respect :

'63 Buick Wildcat Sport Coupe.

63WIldcat.jpg

I was the last person to 'drive' this, if you call crouching inside & steering while a forklift hoisted the rear-less rear and piloted it down the side street a quarter mile, "driving". It was then relieved of the very few sellable parts left, dragged up on a flatbed and hauled around the block to the scrap yard. It was last registered a long time ago, in 1980.

RIP, Wildcat.

Brand new black Prius with blacked out windows, added chrome pillar and door trim, and a perfectly placed chrome "Turbo" badge on the left side of the tailgate.

Would have punched the driver myself had it not been raining and their window down.

Sat in a li'l dish of salsa today. A local dealer left their red Spark unlocked. Truly a tiny automobile. They also have two Denim blue ones. Some chicks will definitely suffer from muffin top if they try to squeeze into one.

Edited by ocnblu

Saw a whole parade of antiques and classics headed up RT. 252 this morning. First up was a big Healey in black moving right along with the top down. Next was a '70-'72 Cutlass convertible with a 442 hood. That was followed by a whole group of cars including a '55-'57 T-bird, a '67 Cutlass convertible (might have been a 442) and a slew of 30s and 40s cars.

Must have been an event nearby.

Car lot browsing today, while I was also checking out our new Acura store about to open in a week or so.

Across the street, first new Hyundai Veloster Turbo I've seen in person. I really like these for some reason, and especially the Turbo. More changed and unique than I expected.

IMG_6449_zps2d2ed5ad.jpg

IMG_3268_zps082e1d5b.jpg

IMG_5072_zps32a62d93.jpg

IMG_5610_zps303132ae.jpg

IMG_1556_zpsdce11065.jpg

IMG_9662_zps67041859.jpg

Then further south, at Cadillac a new black base 2.5L ATS (love this car, would buy it exactly as is, base 4-cyl and all, actually looks good as a "base") and then a wow XTS. The XTS still looks huge and totally impressive in person. Follow that with a CTS in Black Diamond. No wonder they charge $995. What a paint combination.

IMG_9220_zpsc9b47b16.jpg

IMG_4853_zpsda288ccf.jpg

IMG_6108_zps0e2a2772.jpg

IMG_5329_zps896cbfac.jpg

IMG_8368_zps54ecdf21.jpg

And heading home, a shiny new white Malibu Eco:

IMG_6196_zpsd4e43a86.jpg

Where at? My wife can't wait for these to come out.

This was taken on the 696 / 275 interchange heading toward Milford. Seems early to not have a manufacturer plate.

I agree it seems early, I thought that Encore production wasn't beginning until after the new year.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Where at? My wife can't wait for these to come out.

This was taken on the 696 / 275 interchange heading toward Milford. Seems early to not have a manufacturer plate.

I agree it seems early, I thought that Encore production wasn't beginning until after the new year.

Now that we know that they are coming out after the new year, this must be part of GM's "captured fleet" to work out bugs prior to start of production.