Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra Live Reveal

Drew Dowdell

Yes. It started at 9:30 AM EST and ended around 10:00 AM.

Check these links:

2014 Chevrolet Silverado:

http://news.pickuptr...0-revealed.html

2014 GMC Sierra:

http://news.pickuptr...0-revealed.html

Engines:

http://news.pickuptr...ap-forward.html

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Chevy interior shows the dash wth a bench seat, whereas the GMC is showing buckets.

I actually like both, this Silverado much more than the current Gen. I am disappointed that the Sierra & Silverado did not get more of a Terrain & Equiox-type of distinction to the exterior look. Honestly, you can tell these two trucks will be perceived as "badge engineered" as it has been for many, many years now. Very happy to see the GMC logo return to the center of the tailgate - it has taken GMC too many years to go back to this if you ask me.

Not a fan of the GMC headlights - the engineers are just in love with the "bedazzled" headlight look over at GMC. I'm assuming this is the upgraded headlights for the SLT & All-Terrain model; hoping that the lesser models have a more traditional set-up (time will tell). It looks as if the GMC Sierra is wearing glasses :lol:

I wear glasses too, dfelt, but I still can't accept the Sierra's headlights at this time. Maybe when I see it in person it will be a different story.

Check out GMC.com website for the 2014 Sierra (quite impressive!): http://www.gmc.com/2014-gmc-sierra-pickup-truck.html

Chevrolet.com website for the 2014 Silverado: http://www.chevrolet.com/2014-silverado-pickup-trucks.html

2014-silverado-model-overview-exterior-cnt-well-1-648x316-05.jpg

10103190_1.jpg

:thumbsup:

I really like what GM did with these trucks. I'm in love with the blue Z71 - can't wait to see all cab/bed configurations.

• Agree 1

Hey guys! I was excited to see the reveal, but now not so much. I'm glad that I'm not alone in thinking this looks more like an MCE than an "all new" truck. How disappointing, though the interior isn't too bad. It's basic, as it should be, but it has a modern look to it.

So are there any Chevy/GMC models still holding on to the black-tie? (Impala's on its way out, so I won't count it)

Still, I'm not as impressed as I had hoped to be. Especially since there have been no numbers released for the engines.

More evolutionary than revolutionary on the exteriors. which is disappointing. With that said, the Silverado has gotten boxier and uglier, the Sierra is definitely the better looking one of the two.

Not really feeling the interiors. They look fine for a work truck but don't really look on par with the higher end ones Ford and Dodge Ram have.

Speaking of the Ram, I see they've taken a page from it and put forward hinged doors on the extended cab models, great idea, too bad it was already done 9 years ago. Very forward thinking.

Why is it that they haven't released any power numbers? They go so far as to knock the 300+ horsepower V6 engines in the other trucks for not being manly man truck engines and being based on puny passenger car engines, but make no mention of how they've made the 195 hp turd that is the 4.3 not suck by giving us numbers.

Also, why is their no bed box storage like what the Ram has, or what the now dead Avalanche had?

These are what the '07's should have looked like from the start, these new models are just a big step behind where I was hoping they would be. I'm like Camino I was hoping for a more drastic change. I do like these quite alot for basically brand new 2007 models.

Not feeling the trucks. GM should have been more daring, yet it took defensive approach. The trucks break no new ground for innovative features and that is what is undermining. I think both Malibu and trucks came from same old school of thoughts.

Finished my piece on the Silverado and Sierra event today - Deep Dive: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra

I think the new trucks help bring GM up to a point with Ford and Ram, but like Z said there is not that one feature or piece that makes it a standout piece. I'm wondering if GM has something hidden up their sleeve for Detroit with the trucks..?

Couple things:

I don't like the look of the crew cab models, the wheelbase seems to be stretched for them, and I don't like the wheels pushed toward the back look.

2014_chevrolet_silverado-1500_prf_ns_121312_717.jpg

As for the interior, the center stack shape bugs me and now I know why. It reminds me of the old Land Cruiser's shape.

2014_chevrolet_silverado-1500_steering_ns_121312_717.jpg

2004-toyota-land-cruiser-wallpapers-4-7l-gasoline-automatic-for.jpg

I don't like how the center stack and side vent areas look like cutouts. I mean if this was the work truck interior and they had a different design for the top shelf models like teh previous gen, it would be ok. But as for top shelf interiors, I much prefer these:

2009-ford-f-150-king-ranch-4x4-supercrew-interior-photo-258429-s-1280x782.jpg

2013-ram-3500-laramie-longhorn-4x4-interior-photo-476266-s-1280x782.jpg

The steering wheel looks offset to the right in the new trucks as well, though it could just be the angle of the photos, but there is alot of dead space in the headlight switch housing it seems. I'm not a fan of the Ford's overall, I'd still take a Ram.

Edited by Delta Force79

Yawn!

This is what I had feared and had hope would not happen. While the rest of the truck got many updates and changes the styling is so restrained that many people at a glance will not even notice it is a new model.

The very least Chevy could have done is used the new Chevy face in the grill and drop the center bar.

I am sure it will be a fine truck but with it not changing so much will it spark the interest it really needs. I pray they don't get silly with the HD trucks and make the hood higher and sillier than it already is.

GM owed this truck a styling treatment that befitted the engine and other changes to let people know this was not just a refresh. Right now to me it is nothing but a refreshed look till I read the details. How many people will take the time to look at the details after seeing what we got.

The GMC came out better but those headlamps. I hope to God they look better in person. The Chrome rings are not much better. I like GMC for the restrained chrome and now they are adding more.

To each his own.

I find the Ram interior to be way too busy with too many different materials, shapes, and colors.

Well I'm going with overall, not just the interior. I love the Hemi, Ram hasn't officially announced the 8-speed with the Hemi the Ram people tell me with a wink and a nudge. The Ram is easily the best riding truck out there, better than the Avalanche even. It's got the Avalanche rip-off Ram box. It's looks bad-ass from the outside....

the only thing tipping me towards Avalanche over Ram is length. I can only fit so much truck in my driveway and the Avalanche gives me the 8-foot better without the awkward turn around in the driveway.

To each his own.

I find the Ram interior to be way too busy with too many different materials, shapes, and colors.

Well I'm going with overall, not just the interior. I love the Hemi, Ram hasn't officially announced the 8-speed with the Hemi the Ram people tell me with a wink and a nudge. The Ram is easily the best riding truck out there, better than the Avalanche even. It's got the Avalanche rip-off Ram box. It's looks bad-ass from the outside....

the only thing tipping me towards Avalanche over Ram is length. I can only fit so much truck in my driveway and the Avalanche gives me the 8-foot better without the awkward turn around in the driveway.

My mistake, I thought we were just talking interior.

As for the rest, I would certainly take a good look at a Ram if I were in the market today. Chevy is no longer my automatic "go to" for trucks. And this new one hasn't changed that.

Again, I find it strange how that "ripp-off" (which is much larger, lockable, part of the central locking system, lit, drainable, and can be customized with different equipment racks) wasn't incorporated into GM's new trucks, especially now that the Avalanche is dead.

While I do love the Hemi, I'd probably get the 3.6/8-speed. It's rated for 18/25 (the same as my car!), and you're no longer saddled with the base model, you can load the V6 right up, and it's got very respectable payload/towing capability, plenty for what I'd use it for.

Camino you can always go monotone.

73156434.jpg

Even in monotone it looks a bit busy to me.

To be fair, I'd need a fairly long test drive to determine which interior was better.

But at first blush, I don't care for either one.

And I sure hope that both are available without a touch screen in the dash - I find screens of any kind a real distraction/irritation when driving. Really, really dislike them.

To each his own.

My mistake, I thought we were just talking interior.

As for the rest, I would certainly take a good look at a Ram if I were in the market today. Chevy is no longer my automatic "go to" for trucks. And this new one hasn't changed that.

While the interior is a factor in my choice, I was speaking of Ram in overall terms as well, I think it's just the best looking styling wise and I'm a big fan of the Sport model with the Hemi.