Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS or Buick Verano Leather Group?

Which car would you choose?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you choose?

• 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with the RS package
    • 2013 Buick Verano with the Leather Group

See if I was a younger person, below 40 I would go with the cruze, but being 45, I tend to like a bit more luxury in life and would go for the Verano.

Course you also threw a monkey wrench into this as you now say your wife likes the Encore and you would consider the Terrain.

My choice here is that if the wife was to drive this as her daily driver, then AWD Encore and make her happy.

Happy Wife, Happy Life! :P

If the auto is for me to drive mostly, then the AWD Terrain, I love the manly butch design. Get the Denali package but have all the chrome bits Black Chromed to go with the Black Diamond paintjob. :P That would just rock, course I would love to have the DI V6 turbo charged also so it really rocks Typhoon Style! :D

Honestly? My gut says Cruze because of the fuel economy advantages. But the Verano is very, very nice inside. I just get stuck when the Verano is the size it is and only achieves the same fuel economy as my 2001 3.5 Aurora. I mean hello, smaller cars should have better mileage, amirite?

Verano. I like both but for similar dollars, the Verano is just a higher level car, even more refined, more power and can get it appropriately to the road, nicer interior, and very similar if not even better leasing.

Had a friend go from a Cruze LTZ to a new Verano Turbo, mostly because he had nothing but issues with the 1.4T/6-speed auto combo and lack of response, but liked the car otherwise. Loves his Verano and can't believe how different it is.

Thanks all for your responses and votes, and to Oldsmoboi for letting Buick know about this poll ;)

The wife and I commute together to work, so regardless if a new car is technically hers, I'm the driver so I get a say in what we end up with. Stating that, on our Route 1 portion, usually stuck in stop-and-go traffic, I've noticed a ton of Cruze's lately and will admit in the LTZ with RS trim they are a sporty, yet classy looking commuter car. However, I do admire the Verano more and see a bunch of them in my work's parking lot this year (Cruzes have been around for a while there; Verano's are recently starting to make a presence).

Prior to this posting we were discussing the current fleet and what we wanted to do, and it seems she wants to delay a new car purchase (lease) for now. I am intrigued by the current Terrain but I know she's not a fan, nor would she want that as her "car" (I'd only consider it if I were replacing the Envoy now and subsquently delaying an all new Sierra purchase). I think ultimately when we are in the market it will come down to Encore (her) vs. Verano (me).

And as dfelt stated, Happy Wife, Happy Life :AH-HA:

Thanks all for your responses and votes, and to Oldsmoboi for letting Buick know about this poll ;)

The wife and I commute together to work, so regardless if a new car is technically hers, I'm the driver so I get a say in what we end up with. Stating that, on our Route 1 portion, usually stuck in stop-and-go traffic, I've noticed a ton of Cruze's lately and will admit in the LTZ with RS trim they are a sporty, yet classy looking commuter car. However, I do admire the Verano more and see a bunch of them in my work's parking lot this year (Cruzes have been around for a while there; Verano's are recently starting to make a presence).

Prior to this posting we were discussing the current fleet and what we wanted to do, and it seems she wants to delay a new car purchase (lease) for now. I am intrigued by the current Terrain but I know she's not a fan, nor would she want that as her "car" (I'd only consider it if I were replacing the Envoy now and subsquently delaying an all new Sierra purchase). I think ultimately when we are in the market it will come down to Encore (her) vs. Verano (me).

And as dfelt stated, Happy Wife, Happy Life :AH-HA:

With regards to the fuel economy aspect, all cars get 0mpg while idling in traffic*. The Cruze gets its superior mileage on a gentle highway cruise. Knowing Route 1 traffic, your fuel economy will probably be about the same regardless of which car you get.

*non-hybrids

Oldsmoboi, you're originally from NJ... please tell me what highway in this state is set-up for gentle highway cruising?!?! :lol::smilewide:

I agree with your point. Anything that gets us better than 26 MPG will be good in my book (that's from the G6, I won't even tell you what the Envoy gets when used to commute :o ).

Oldsmoboi, you're originally from NJ... please tell me what highway in this state is set-up for gentle highway cruising?!?! :lol::smilewide:

I agree with your point. Anything that gets us better than 26 MPG will be good in my book (that's from the G6, I won't even tell you what the Envoy gets when used to commute :o ).

I-195 between Bordentown to the shore.

I-195 between NJ Turnpike to the shore.

Fixed :P