2014 GMC Sierra on my lot

I love the wheels on the black one. They look similar to the GS wheels.

I hope to God they did not spray down the interior of the new truck with detailer. It looks so shinny in these pictures.

If they did and it was my truck I would be plenty ticked.

I just was sent more info from GM on the new GMC. I love the dash and the gauge placement.

This is a good truck but I just wonder if the conservative styling will make it get over looked by those who are not brand loyal. You know the loyal people will buy hell or high water but those who are open minded need to be temped and lured visually. I think the styling while good just does not send the message of how changed these are.

Edited by hyperv6

I hope to God they did not spray down the interior of the new truck with detailer. It looks so shinny in these pictures.

Yeah, they did. Our detailers are not the sharpest crayons in the box. . .

I personally like an interior that is shiny and slick, but I have mixed feelings on the Headlights, but I do like the Monochromatic look of the black All Terrain. That truck Rocks. :D

Yeah, I thought the spray everything w/ Armor All approach went out of fashion 20 years ago....though I know people that still do that...ugh.

Thanks for the Sonoma Red Metallic SLE pictures, thedriver! Sonoma Red Metallic and Stealth Gray Metallic are my two desired exterior colors, though I want to see what the Cobalt Bue Metallic looks like in the daylight sun. I'm more of a Midnight Blue Metallic or Indigo Blue Metallic (dark blue) fan and would definitely go for either of those colors on a new '14 Sierra over the dark red (Sonoma) or blue-gray (Stealth). My 2001 GMC Sonoma Highrider was Indigo Blue Metallic; I still love that color:

2001SonomaHighrider_zps7884814b.jpg

Did they use a fire hose?!?

The rims on the silver one are off the hook... cool. One thing I am disappointed in with GM is the use of rims off the previous-gen trucks, as seen on the white one (although I liked those rims on my '07 Sierra). They've done this before, and it takes away from the newness of the truck a bit for me.

I know the rim you're talking about, ocnblu, but the 2014 GMC Sierra has no carry-over rims from the GMT-900 program. If thedriver could be able to post a side-shot of the white truck, you'd see they're not the same rim used since the '07 model debuted.

The rims on the silver one are off the hook... cool. One thing I am disappointed in with GM is the use of rims off the previous-gen trucks, as seen on the white one (although I liked those rims on my '07 Sierra). They've done this before, and it takes away from the newness of the truck a bit for me.

Thanks for the new pics, thedriver! I was just thinking of what the Sierra would look like in Bright Red yesterday; I think it looks good (for some reason I'm considering this color now - I think it has to do with all of the Silverado Z71s being shown in magazines and online reviews in the Bright Red color). I'm glad to see those 20' rims too; they're the optional polished rim for the SLE-trimmed model. Any additional pictures of the red Sierra SLE you can post will be greatly appreciated :AH-HA:

2013 GMC Sierra 17" rim (N88):

post-418-0-79787000-1372786142_thumb.jpg

2014 GMC Sierra 17" rim (Q5W):

post-418-0-42593000-1372786154_thumb.jpg

The GMT-900 N88 17" polished aluminum rim does have a similar resemblence to the new K2xxx Q5W 17" Bright Machined rim. But they are different sizes too (17x7.5 ['13] and 17x8 ['14]).

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

The q5w rim has a certain retro look to me and the N88 has that traditional flush smooth look that will get scratched and messed up fast after just the first parallel parking rub. Over all nice rims, but they seem to me that they would be hard to clean. I like a rim that has a flow with larger openings so my big ass hands can fit in and wash them easily. :P

Thank you for the clarification. I was thinking the same of the standard rim, the silver painted one with the round holes, and its chrome-clad brother. BUT... I forgot that the '14 trucks have a 1/2" wider rim than earlier trucks. Which is cool.

Edited by ocnblu

I guess it's to align the GMC brand with being more luxury based (since Buick [Regal GS] and Cadillac [CTS-V] use that design). Don't forget there's a third RPO-coded version of that rim for the Sierra Denali model too (it has the word DENALI stamped on it to make it different).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...