So far there does seem to be a bit more snappiness to the site, images upload faster, posts faster, have not spent any time in the galleries. Looking forward to Monday.

Galleries (like the one for the new Mazda 3) are very slow to load.

Good to know. The picture uploads are on a different drive (HDD rather than SSD) than the rest of the site.

I think it's faster because everybody decided to leave.

browsing traffic seems roughly the same

How old before topics/posts are moved to the HD from the SSD? I clearly see a delay when I go in to pull up things a month or more older. Before everything seemed sluggish but now current topics that are being posted too seem to snap and older topics clearly are sluggish.

Only uploaded pictures are stored on the HDDs. Everything else, regardless of age, is stored on the SSD. If you are looking a a thread with lots of pictures in it, it may be pulling harder from the HDDs and feeling slower. SSD is more pricey, but I might upgrade all of our storage to SSD for speed reasons if the performance doesn't improve enough after the upgrade.

Thanks Drew, that makes sense considering I was looking at an old topic with lots of pictures. I am surprised that their storage would not have bigger cache controllers as you can make HD storage almost as quick as SSD by using a controller with 128GB or 256GB cache on the controller.

I appreciate all you do as the site has been amazing under your stewardship.

Thank you,

• Agree 1