Jaguar News: Rumorpile: Jaguar Begins Work On A SUV

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

July 12, 2013

A new report from Auto Express says the long rumored Jaguar SUV is apparently in the advanced design stages. Sources tell the magazine the SUV's design will blend lines of a Jaguar sedan and a high-riding SUV. The SUV will inlcude such design cues as asteeply raked front and rear windshield, short overhangs, and a blacked-out C-pillar.

Power will come from two different four-cylinders (2.0L turbocharged and a 2.2 turbodiesel) and a 3.0L supercharged V6. A ZF eight-speed automatic will send the power to either the rear or all four wheels.

The new SUV will use a shortened version of the XJ’s all-aluminum platform to keep weight and costs down.

The new SUV, likely wearing the XQ nameplate will go on sale in 2015.

Source: Auto Express

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

I normally would want to say that a ubber luxury car company should stay focused on what they do best, but we all know the profits that are here and I like the style Jag has so I am excited to see their SUV. It has to be better than the mess that Bently or Rolls had that is still supposedly moving forward.

Jaguar has an SUV.... it's called Land Rover.

Exactly... Land Rover builds pretty much the whoel spectrum of off-roaders, from the practial Defender to the luxury Range Rover, so... I don't really get this one...

Horrible idea, Jaguar builds sports cars, and sports/luxury sedans. Jaguar has always been XJ luxury sedans and the XK120/140, the E-Type, now the XK and F-type. They have Land Rover for SUVs, what the Freelander/LR2 thing, LR3, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and 3 and 5 door Evoque are not enough SUVs?

On a side note, the Range Rover Supercharged does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, that is crazy fast for a 5,000 lb SUV, so why do they need a Jaguar version. What is next a Land Rover 2 seat roadster?

On a side note, the Range Rover Supercharged does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, that is crazy fast for a 5,000 lb SUV, so why do they need a Jaguar version. What is next a Land Rover 2 seat roadster?

Well there is talk about the Evoque convertible possibly going into production...

Maybe they are going for a softer CUV approach..though the newer Range Rovers are getting rounded off and softer looking. It's too bad the Defender isn't still sold in the US, always liked it for it's seriousness and no-nonsense design.

Stopped by Seattle Jaguar/Range Rover to look at the cars and ask about Jag's SUV. Interesting is that the sales people are very excited about it. The Man in his late 40's told me that they have many Jag customers that are truly not interested in the Range Rover and have been asking for a Jag SUV that follows the body style of Jag rather than the Brick Block of Range Rover. They have been able to sell a number of Evoque since it came out to Jag owners, but he said for this market Jag owners are pretty loyal group in Seattle.

With that said, I would love to see someone here who has some drawing skills take the current curvy body of the Jag and produce a SUV based on that style so we could see what it might look like. :)

Stopped by Seattle Jaguar/Range Rover to look at the cars and ask about Jag's SUV. Interesting is that the sales people are very excited about it. The Man in his late 40's told me that they have many Jag customers that are truly not interested in the Range Rover and have been asking for a Jag SUV that follows the body style of Jag rather than the Brick Block of Range Rover. They have been able to sell a number of Evoque since it came out to Jag owners, but he said for this market Jag owners are pretty loyal group in Seattle.

With that said, I would love to see someone here who has some drawing skills take the current curvy body of the Jag and produce a SUV based on that style so we could see what it might look like. :)

If it's a tall wagon kind of CUV it might work out well in the end...

post-12-0-30290900-1374161479_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-41148100-1374161550_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-46592000-1374161601_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-95453300-1374161860_thumb.jpg

Interesting that there are many versions of what people think this SUV will look like and I have to say I think they will have a hit on their hands. I am excited to see what they come up with.

• 6 years later...
33 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

An electric XJ sounds like a good idea.  An electric F-Pace would be even better.

Agree, a bigger EV F-Pace would compliment the compact i-Pace.