Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

February 2014: Mazda North American Operations

MAZDA SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY SETS RECORDS IN FEBRUARY

• Mazda Celebrates Grand Opening of All-New Production Facility in Salamanca, Mexico

IRVINE, Calif., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported February U.S. sales of 24,431 vehicles, representing a decrease of 2.4 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through February are down 6.7 percent versus last year, with 43,155 vehicles sold.

Key February sales notes:

• Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY accounted for 83.2 percent of all vehicle sales during the month of February. This is the largest percentage of Mazdas equipped with SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY sold in one month, and second-best month of total volume ever with 20,245 vehicles sold.
  • Mazda6 experienced its second-best February since 2008 with 3,945 vehicles sold, representing an increase of 46.0 percent, year-over-year (YOY).
  • February 2014 was CX-5's best month ever with 9,353 vehicles sold, good for an increase of 71.6 percent, YOY.
  • February was one of the most historic months for Mazda as it celebrated the grand opening of its all-new engine and vehicle assembly plant in Salamanca, Mexico. With a total capacity of 230,000 units, once in full production by March of 2016, Mazda de Mexico Vehicle Operations (MMVO) will employ approximately 4,500 people and produce Mazda2, Mazda3 and a Toyota B-car to be announced at a later date. Production from this facility will be distributed to North, Central and South America and parts of Europe.

post-10485-0-13672600-1393872988_thumb.j

How is Mazda not doing better? 3, 6 & CX-5 all get great press and seem to get good word of mouth. It never ceases to amaze me how many Sentras and Crapollas are genuinely good cars like the Mazda3 don't do any better sales wise. How has the Mazda6 not generated any traction yet? It is a very nice looking car and has gotten great reviews? People holding out for the oft delayed diesel version?

I agree the Mazda 3 and 6 are nice cars, both among the best in their classes. The 3, Elantra and Focus are my favorite cars of the small car class, and I think if I had to drive one it might be the 3. The 6 is pretty good too, I'd probably take a Fusion or Optima in that class if I wanted something a little sporty, if I just wanted roominess and soft seats maybe the Accord and Camry are good bets, but the 6 is a strong contender.

I meant to say:

How is Mazda not doing better? 3, 6 & CX-5 all get great press and seem to get good word of mouth. It never ceases to amaze me how many Sentras and Crapollas are sold and genuinely good cars like the Mazda3 don't do any better sales wise. How has the Mazda6 not generated any traction yet? It is a very nice looking car and has gotten great reviews. People holding out for the oft delayed diesel version?

Are we not able to edit our own posts or am I just so tired tonight I can't figure it out? I really need to get some sleep one of these nights.