Subaru News: Rumorpile: Subaru Reconsiders The WRX Hatchback

The biggest complaint laid before the 2015 Subaru WRX aside from the styling is the lack of a hatchback. This is a bit odd since the last-generation WRX hatchback made up 50 percent of sales in the U.S. But a new report says Subaru is reconsidering this.

Motoring.com.au talked with Masuo Takatsu, Subaru's general manager for the WRX. He said the company is thinking about bring back the hatchback.

“We have received strong interest from the US, where the hatchback was 50 per cent (of previous-generation WRX sales), so we're now considering,” Takatsu said. “The main target for WRX is the US, Japan is number two, Australia number three. Basically, we target these three market"

Takatsu explained that a lack of resources led to there being no hatchback and more interestingly, a automatic version of the STi.

Source: Motoring.com.au

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

We'll someone in Marketing got this wrong if the Hatchback made up 50% of sales and the US is #1 market focus. Course I suspect allot of this was Toyota over bearing approach to development blandness.

We'll someone in Marketing got this wrong if the Hatchback made up 50% of sales and the US is #1 market focus. Course I suspect allot of this was Toyota over bearing approach to development blandness.

I highly doubt Toyota played any role in this...

With the majority control, I am sure Toyota is affecting some of these decisions.