Chevrolet News:Spying: Chevrolet Cruze, Take 2

There appears to be three different Chevrolet Cruzes in play; the refreshed 2015 Cruze, the Chinese market Cruze, and the upcoming 2016 Cruze that was recently caught by a spy photographer.

Caught undisguised, the 2016 Cruze shares a number of design items with the Chinese-market version that give it a somewhat tidy, if somewhat boring design. The front end wears a nose that is similar to the Sonic with the spilt grille and sculpted hood. The overall profile reminds us of the current Honda Civic.

What is still unknown is what will power the next Cruze, but one or more of the engines from the Next-Generation Ecotec family going into production later this year is most likely. We expect to learn about that in the coming year or so.

Source: Automobile Magazine

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

That is way better than the refresh version shown at NY.

But very similar to the Chinese version. since the Chinese version had the chrome and road lights it gave the nose an uglier look. but with the black spots it tends to not look at ugly as the Refresh version.

I appreciate the fact they've done away with the black plastic quarter panel appliques. These newest pictures are pleasing. I see TRU140 in the front end. If they give us a coupe that is not too trendy in design like the TRU was, I just might give it a hard look if a Colorado proves to be out of reach.

Well that's not too shabby.... if it is THAT close to being finished that it is running around with no camo, why even bother with the lame ass refresh they foisted on us at the NY Auto Show?!

Kinda thinking the same thing there....not as bad as I thought either!

It is like they are just trying to copy Hyundai or Honda. GM designers have no imagination when it comes to designing small cars, and typical GM refresh, add some LED lights and chrome strips or some venti-ports or body cladding to make a boring car look more dramatic.

It is like they are just trying to copy Hyundai or Honda. GM designers have no imagination when it comes to designing small cars, and typical GM refresh, add some LED lights and chrome strips or some venti-ports or body cladding to make a boring car look more dramatic.

Maybe on the rear, but the front looks like chevy to me...

Why make 3 or 4 versions of the same car!?

Exactly. The American 3-series doesn't look different than a European one. An E-class sold in China doesn't have a different body than the one sold in Germany, etc. The point of global cars is to sell the same car around the globe.

• Disagree 1

If this were to be a China-only design, why would they give it styling elements from the Impala which isn't sold in China?

yet?

We missed posting about it... but the Enclave is going on sale in China soon... being exported from the US.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not digging the nose... I feel if it was pushed back a few inches, it'd be much better. I see where they're going, but I'm not a huge fan. I need to see more pictures of it before I'll make my final judgement. The rest of is isn't bad.. reminds me of the Focus.

I'm not digging the nose... I feel if it was pushed back a few inches, it'd be much better. I see where they're going, but I'm not a huge fan. I need to see more pictures of it before I'll make my final judgement. The rest of is isn't bad.. reminds me of the Focus.

I also thought Focus the first time seeing the front end. I do like it more than the nose on my Cruze, though. The rear... not so much. It isn't offensive or ugly but it isn't a thing of beauty either.

that looks like a take on the current Impala rear design to me...

The crease on the rear quarter panels indicated that's where they were headed, but (and this is of course entirely subjective) I don't get a vibe similar to the Impala... I think it's that chrome strip...