Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

MAY 2014 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD HERE!

Red 64 Galaxie 500 two door, sweet, rolling north on US 23.

Red, yellow, and a very rare factory purple SSR, all out on the streets headed places.

A couple of nice old Air cooled Beetles, still looking like they were seeing some regular use.

Yesterday a new Blue Ray Impala with temp tags, tinted glass, and the Chevy emblems shaved off the back. Looked great on the highway.

IMG_8121_zpse46670fb.jpg

Then today a new white Porsche Macan with out of state plates, on 95 just above Delaware. Didn't look overly decked out, more of a "normal" model in basic white.

More interesting was seeing a white Cherokee Trailhawk later beside it and how similar in size and color they were, but the Jeep plainer but also more aggressive.

IMG_7775_zps9033626e.jpg

IMG_2602_zps64c3e2c2.jpg

Jeep:

IMG_9290_zps3f859dba.jpg

Chevette Diesel, been forever since I have seen one.

MG Midget made into a rat rod, tastefully...kind of odd, kind of cool.

Mid 60's Lincoln, (Grey,, convertible, on I-270)

Old White Plymouth Fury. Tried to catch up and get a picture but he went the other way from where I was going. Amazing to still see one of these box's on wheels.

Took my wife, daughters, and daughters for a movie. In the parking garage, a nice Melody of vehicles I love...

CTS v Cadillac

XTS Cadillac

Tesla S

Sweetly detailed Escalade in black

MK 6 GTI

Multiple performance variants of the Mustang (Roush, Shelby, 2003 terminator Cobra)

Orange 2012 Camaro, oddly enough with a bunch of religious tracts shoved under the wiper blade.

Light metallic blue Rabbit pickup with period GTI wheels. I heard it before I sawr it... parked in a gas station parking lot, the driver was picking up some ice... VW diesel engine idling a sweet little clatter.

This is not even a Denali, it is an SLT. Makes me shudder to think what the Colorado/Canyon will be priced at. GM is running up the prices of the fullsize trucks. Is it a profit grab? Is it a misguided attempt to temper sales to meet these ridiculously oppressive CAFE standards looming? Thinking if a Silverado LT double cab 4X4 Z71 is at least $44k, it is likely a Colorado ext cab Z71 will be about 10 grand cheaper... out of my budgetary reach.

The Boxster S I want is also over my budget reach, even used.

64 Falcoln, maroon, 78 Z28, Blue, both tasteful pro street cars, on a flatbed parked at a local hotel. The Z had a fuel cut off switch so methinks it sees some quarter mile action...

Saw a tattered but still driven '65 Caprice 4dr ht at the grocery tonite...maybe nearly 50 years in the AZ sun had baked the paint, looks like it was a silver blue.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This is not even a Denali, it is an SLT. Makes me shudder to think what the Colorado/Canyon will be priced at. GM is running up the prices of the fullsize trucks. Is it a profit grab? Is it a misguided attempt to temper sales to meet these ridiculously oppressive CAFE standards looming? Thinking if a Silverado LT double cab 4X4 Z71 is at least $44k, it is likely a Colorado ext cab Z71 will be about 10 grand cheaper... out of my budgetary reach.

On a LinkedIn forum for fleet sales this same question was posted about the crazy increase in truck prices from all manufactures and the GM response was that due to the ever increasing Gov requirements for safety features it is pushing auto prices higher and higher.

The interesting consistent response was that businesses and most consumers are not asking for these features. Select small groups of forcing increased cost on the consumers with features that have little affect on preventing accidents.

So we must question if the gov is really doing the right job by forcing us to have to wear seat belts, have backup cameras, lane avoidance warnings, auto braking etc..

Whose responsibility is it to make sure our kids are not playing behind an auto that causes them to get run over, or someone who is more interested in texting rather than driving. Our school and Mass transit buses have NO SEAT BELTS and yet we are forced to wear seat belts or face a fine of $124 plus a hit to your insurance rates. Yes I know seat belts save lifes but is it the gov's job to make us wear them through intimidation and forced penalties?

Where do we draw the line of what the gov should be saying we have in auto's and what are options for purchase. Do green groups or select mom groups should be mandating safety features?

Seems like $40k is the new $30k in car pricing...crew cab pickups all seem to be in the $40-50k range and beyond today...under $30k is mostly FWD 4 cyl appliances...such it is

Pretty much you also have to blame the government for printing a craplaod of money and devaluing the currency. IMHO that is as much of a factor as anything.

Our Local Taco Time holds a Hot Rod Show every Friday during the late spring and summer. Yesterdays turn out was awesome as were some of the rides and especially the truck project that is almost complete.

post-12-0-14291900-1401549521_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-78293500-1401549535_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-96675400-1401549538_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-51395700-1401549562_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-42397200-1401549812_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-26526300-1401549815_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-76819300-1401549819_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-21276400-1401549823_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-90073500-1401549826_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-64760000-1401549830_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-86795200-1401549834_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-57186200-1401549838_thumb.jpg