Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

June 3, 2014

Nissan Group Reports May 2014 U.S. Sales

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan Group today announced total U.S. sales for May 2014 of 135,934 units, an increase of 18.8 percent over the prior year and a May record.

Nissan highlights:

• Nissan Division set a May record at 125,558 sales in the month, an increase of 17.8 percent. This marks a monthly record for Nissan division in 14 of the last 15 months.
  • May was the best-ever month for Nissan LEAF with 3,117 sales, an increase of 45.8 percent over the prior year. In May, LEAF passed 50,000 total U.S. sales since launch, further establishing it as the leader among electric vehicles.
  • Nissan Altima sales set a May record at 36,053, up 12.9 percent. Year-to-date, Altima has the largest sales increase of any car in the midsize category.
  • Nissan Sentra also set a May sales record at 21,932, breaking the previous mark set in 1984 when Sentra was Nissan’s top-selling model. Sentra sales were up 75.4 percent for the month.
  • Sales of the Nissan Rogue crossover set a May record with 18,722, an increase of 8 percent.
  • Nissan Versa sales increased 30.5 percent to 11,243 in May, also a record for the month.
  • Juke crossover sales also set a May record at 3,825, an increase of 33.4 percent over the prior year.

Infiniti today reported U.S. sales of 10,376 luxury vehicles in May, an increase of 31.4 percent versus 7,899 vehicles a year earlier.

The new Infiniti Q50 luxury sports sedan saw deliveries of 2,938 vehicles in May, contributing to the brand's 75.8 increase in passenger cars. The QX80 full-size luxury sport utility vehicle had another strong month with 980 sales, up 4.5 percent.

post-10485-0-84072000-1401807965_thumb.j

The new Sentra really seems to be a viable alternative to the Civic and Corolla these days. Less boring than the other two, a bit more sporty, and you don't feel like you're sitting in a bathtub (most Nissans feel open and airy inside). Same reason for the Altima to shine... and it is also a better buy for most people than the Sonata/Optima

When does the speculation start on the closure of Infiniti? They sold fewer vehicles this month than Cadillac sold SRXes.

Huge month for the Altima. Infiniti sold over 10,000, that isn't too bad. The Q50 is doing alright, it sells as well as a CTS or ATS does.

The Q70 I assume is a Q60 with a V8? To me that makes no sense to have 2 model names for the same car with a different engine. And if that is true, then they can't ever give the Q50 another engine unless they give it a smaller one and make it a Q40. Their naming scheme makes no sense. I don't know what a QX50 is, but it looks like they can discontinue it, the buying public doesn't seem to know what it is either.

Because all you need to do is fog a mirror to finance one..... but as long as I can finance enough to get the V6, I'd get an Altima over a Sonata or Optima

Haha. I still think I would take a Sonata over the Altima unless the prices were way out of wack for similarly equipped vehicles.