Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

JULY 2014 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

Summer's in full swing!  Maybe there's a Dart Swinger out there on the road.  Time to go boating?  Oooo... maybe a sweet Corvette!  Whatever cool and unusual vehicles you see through your sunglasses, post 'em up in here!

Saw two great auto's this morning. 2008 Trailblazer SS flying along at 75 and a 2014 Camero ZR1 that came up on the trailblazer and passed it flying also. Sadly the Camero had front bumper rub marks where they must have gotten too close to a wall or something as it scrapped up the paint. Otherwise beautiful car with that supercharged engine and hood.

'56 Plymouth 4-dr sedan, black/ white over black, decent shape, parked & for sale.
about 5 blocks away on a side street:

'55 Plymouth 2-dr hardtop, black/ red over black, missing Belvie side trim (perhaps recent repaint) but otherwise decent, parked & for sale.

'80-style Trans Am, black w/ gold, dusty in rear of driveway.

Edited by balthazar

Pulled from a 13-yr side-yard parking stupor: '73 Plymouth Road Runner, all there, white strobe stripes over navy Blue, rusty. There's still some iron out there. 

PRR01_zps80015251.jpeg

PRR02_zps6c007935.jpeg

Unfortunately, a 318 car, even with the slotted dual exhaust tips. Did come with a parts car with a 400 tho. For sale, price to be determined.

• Agree 1

Neat old Mopar. Thought of blue when I took my wife out to dinner. Followed an old but presentable Chevy Luv truck to the restaurant, and followed a diesel rabbit pick emup on the way home.

• Agree 1

Saw an old Izuzu Pup Today belching black smoke as those old oil burners do when not maintained but amazed to still see it on the road 30+ years later.

• Agree 1

Schizo car lot cruise... stopped at local Buick/GMC/Honda/Acura store to look at a '15 Fit (saw none after driving by and seeing one there a few weeks back), ended up drooling over a base trim, dark red Sierra shortbed reg cab 2WD with posi and electric windows.  Dreamed of a 2" rear end drop, black wheels and Goodyear Fortera Triple-Tred tires (I love their tread pattern, had them on my '07 Sierra and they were great.)

Edited by ocnblu

Stopped by my brother's today, I don't think I've ever shown his cars- definitely not the 2nd one.

'68 Firebird, 406CI, N/A, PowerGlide, I think he has 4.56s in it, 'glass hood & front bumper, no rear seat, currently running 10.0 in the quarter mile :

DSC03407_zpsad1f7bc0.jpg

'71 GTO, original 400/4-spd, 3.31 car, A/C, rear shoulder belts, bunch options. His first car, drove a few years, raced a bit, had a full roll cage, then sat for a good 10 yrs outside, now undergoing a slow resto back to an original cruiser. He & I have a wager on which will get done first; the Goat or my '59. I'm farther along than he is right now, but he's actually working on it, I am not currently. When he catches up to me, I'll get back on it.

DSC03405_zps6a855cfc.jpg

As a refresher, here's my B-59 as it is today :

592-7-6-2.jpg

All sheet metal work is done & it's in finish epoxy primer. All suspension work is also done & chassis is refinished. He has none of those areas done or even started.

Edited by balthazar

Saw 2 true beauts today, but too quick for pics.

'61 Buick LeSabre coupe, ice blue, great shape, slid across an intersection I was stopped at.

Then, like a sighting of a pined-for starlet, again while held up at a light... a car carrier swooshed thru on the highway, only 2 cars aboard. Some meritless pod on the lower front... but perched on the upper rear was a 1960 Chrysler New Yorker 4-dr HARDTOP wagon, pristine in a dusty lavender, all stock and gorgeous. I was unable with central Jersey traffic, to ever catch up with it. Chrysler only built 1295 units for '60; can't be but a few handfuls left in restored condition. 

Scar, I think that's a Suzuki Jimny.

I was sitting at a red light today on the way to work, and, from right to left, a bright red with black wheels 2015 Mustang with no visible license plate drove by at the intersection.  Jaw dropped.

New 2015 Fit loaded up at Target. Cool little package, to see it real world amongst other cars.

IMG_7894_zpsc6914c28.jpg

Then I noticed the skull and cross bones sticker on the bumper...

Edited by caddycruiser
  • Agree 1

Saw this morning a metallic brown Olds 442. The work the old man had put into the car was a thing of Beauty. Sparkled in the morning sunshine and was just awesome. Nice deep growl from the exhaust but not annoying loud like Harley Davidson. Just deep, v8 muscle.

No camera, and I kicked myself for it : A late model black mercedes sedan. Someone blew their paycheck at Pep Boys: on both front doors, in those adhesive-backed chromed plastic letters was :

BENZ

MERCEDES

E430

4MATIC

AMG

It filled, height-wise, fully half the door skin height. 

This is the perfect candidate for a (pre-owned) "Clah" sedan... and more plastic letters, of course.

^ That the current 'extended cab' configuration, yes?

If so, shame on GM for going away from the suicide doors. I was hoping beyond hope those would expand to the crew cabs.

agreed, suicide doors allow far better access to the inside of the cab. My only thought for going away from it is in a roll over it probably crushes easier without a pillar there.