Chevrolet News:Spying: Next-Generation Chevrolet Camaro Makes Its First Appearance

Ford is readying the 2015 Mustang, while Dodge is getting the refreshed 2015 Challenger ready to be sent out to dealers. What does Chevrolet have in store for the Camaro? Well the first set of spy shots have come out and it appears there is a lot in store.

Underneath all of the heavy camouflage, we can tell that Chevrolet is going with a more aggressive look and a lowered roofline. The wheels appear to have been moved closer to either end, and the rear end has been trimmed a little. Other details to take note include the quad exhaust pipes, large hood vents, and a big spoiler. This leads to some speculation that we're looking at high-performance model such as the SS or ZL1.

Under the skin, the next-generation Camaro is expected to use the Alpha platform which should drop the curb weight by a fair margin. The engine lineup is expected to include a V6, V8s, and the turbocharged 2.0L from the Cadillac ATS.

Source: Autoblog

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Looks leaner, which is good.  I love the current Camaro, but it is a little hefty.  Hard to be sure through the camo, but looks like it's still sporting a retro-style front end.

A couple hopes:

1)  Trunk volume doesn't decrease.  Seriously, it's already small enough as it is.

2)  Interior feel a bit less...confining.  The first time I sat in one at a dealer, I almost had a claustrophobic attack (drove an '87 Firebird for years, never had that problem).

3)  Give the taillight clusters some of their personality back.  I loved the pre-'14 rear end styling, but the '14s lamps look like they were lifted off a '90s Integra...just very bland, generic.

It looks similar in shape and style from what can be seen, so I assume it will be an evolution of the current car.  It does appear to have even less head room or side window glass, that confined feeling interior may return.  It looks big to me, when you see it next to the Impala, it doesn't look that much smaller, and the Impala is a big car. 

A couple people on Camaro5/6 are pointing out that the edges of the windshield, and maybe the side windows, are taped to make their surface areas appear smaller.  Those people are also saying that the front end of the new car is probably covered by a current generation nose and that the rear is extended with tacked on stuff, which is why the front looks unchanged and the car looks big in general. 

• Agree 1