Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mercedes-Benz July Sales Hit All-Time High of 27,192 Units, Up 15%

• Sprinter up 15.6%; smart sees best-ever month up 57.1%

MONTVALE, N.J., Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported the highest July retail volumes in its history with 30,757 units sold across the Mercedes-Benz, Sprinter and smart model lines, representing a 16.4% increase from the 26,423 vehicles sold the same month last year. July sales for the Mercedes-Benz brand alone totaled 27,192, up 15%, bringing year-to-date volumes to a record 178,816. Adding year-to-date sales of 13,697 for Sprinter Vans and 5,998 at smart, MBUSA delivered a best-ever year-to-date grand total of 198,511.

"Adding July to our unbroken string of record months, we're driving toward another banner year for the brand," said Stephen Cannon, president and CEO of MBUSA. "We've got two game-changing models in the wings with the launch of our all-new 2015 C-Class later this month, followed by a sporty new entry-level SUV, the GLA, this fall. Stay tuned."

July sales for the Mercedes-Benz brand were led by the C-, E- and GLK-Class model lines. The E-Class topped the list with sales of 6,648, up 18.6% from July 2013, followed by 5,700 units for the C-Class, which enters an all-new generation for model year 2015. The current entry-level Mercedes-Benz SUV, the GLK-Class, rounded out the top three with sales of 3,870, an increase of 39.2% from the same month last year. At the high end, the S-Class hit its 10th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains since the new generation launched in late 2014, up 232.8% in July with 1,920 units.

Both the Sprinter and smart model lines delivered double-digit gains in July. Sprinter Vans posted July volumes of 2,214, rising 15.6% from the 1,915 units sold during the same month last year. The smart brand achieved its best sales month ever since joining the MBUSA portfolio with monthly retails of 1,351, a 57.1% increase from July 2013.

Mercedes-Benz AMG high-performance models posted sales of 868 in July, up 87.1%, with year-to-date volumes increasing 77.2% to 6,488.  Sales of the company's BlueTEC diesel models totaled 1,118 for the month, up 27.2%, with year-to-date volumes reaching 9,284.

Separately, Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (MBCPO) recorded sales volumes of 9,114 vehicles in July, up 14.3% compared to the 7,976 units sold during the same month last year. On a year-to-date basis, MBCPO sold 66,686 units, an increase of 17% from the 56,980 vehicles sold through July 2013.

post-10485-0-84496600-1406922766_thumb.j

I think people would care, Mercedes just set a July sales record.  C-class sales are down because it is a soon to be replaced model, the 2014 model isn't even in production anymore, as production of the 2015 model started in late June.  C-class sales are going to soar this fall when the 2015 hits dealers.  Road & Track said the best materials in the 3-series can't even compare to the worst materials in the C-class.

I think people would care, Mercedes just set a July sales record.  C-class sales are down because it is a soon to be replaced model, the 2014 model isn't even in production anymore, as production of the 2015 model started in late June.  C-class sales are going to soar this fall when the 2015 hits dealers.  Road & Track said the best materials in the 3-series can't even compare to the worst materials in the C-class.

Both MB and BMW are so overrated.

• Agree 1

Seems pretty obvious where the new Clah owners are coming from; the c-class.

MB could easily chop 6 models from the line and not a single person would care.

The bloody Germans love to overcomplicate things. It wouldn't be German if it wasn't four times as complex as it needed to be.

Yes and no. In your world, everyone would drive a CNG powered escalade. Lots of people want a luxury car and for whatever reason do not want a Cadillac. BMW and MB are orders of magnitude more compelling than the glorified Accords, Maxima's, and Avalon's sold as Acuras, Infinity's and lexuses.

Road and Track and Grassroots Motorsports are about the only two rags writing about new iron worth reading in our country. I would trust their opinion.

Yes and no. In your world, everyone would drive a CNG powered escalade. Lots of people want a luxury car and for whatever reason do not want a Cadillac. BMW and MB are orders of magnitude more compelling than the glorified Accords, Maxima's, and Avalon's sold as Acuras, Infinity's and lexuses.

True in my perfect world every auto from every company would be CNG. :P

I totally agree with you that I would take a German auto over asian auto every time. :D

• Agree 1

All I can say is I will be interesting to see heads explode in Wolfsburg when both Mazda and Mercedes's outsell Volkswagen here in the states. I would love to be a fly on the wall when that happens.

• 3 weeks later...