C8 Hybrid?

I'd like to see them do a full electric, just to show that it can be done.

I think it would be better as a VOLT style Hybrid. Massive fast, high top speed and long distance driving.

• Disagree 1

I seriously think 918 style hybrid is the future. The next Maxima, 370, et am are going to a similar system, and Ferrari has a system like that in the Le Ferrari.

I dunno- when the range is in the neighborhood of 75 miles, and the top speed is in the neighborhood of 200, theoretically your car could be stone cold dead in like 22 minutes. :D

The range of the Tesla Roadster was 100 miles... and that was 7 years ago and based on an old Lotus platform. It can run away from an Audi R8 like it was standing still.

The Corvette has room for a lot more battery and a bigger "watermelon", so both range and performance would be even better.

I dunno- when the range is in the neighborhood of 75 miles, and the top speed is in the neighborhood of 200, theoretically your car could be stone cold dead in like 22 minutes. :D

The range of the Tesla Roadster was 100 miles... and that was 7 years ago and based on an old Lotus platform. It can run away from an Audi R8 like it was standing still.

The Corvette has room for a lot more battery and a bigger "watermelon", so both range and performance would be even better.

it will also be what buyers will expect.  I really think Honda will be hurt by their lack of Turbo knowledge and lack of hybrid battery knowledge.   Change is coming, IIRC ELR doubled sales last month, right?

.... it would also be the rear-engine Corvette we've been hearing about for years decades.... if they built it like the Tesla, the entire powertrain would fit in the rear of the car, likely right into the space where the transaxle fits. Fill the drive shaft tunnel and front end with batteries.

Corvette C8

012814_1.jpg

Tesla Roadster

teslas9.png

• Disagree 1

Sort of like the reverse process of What Lutz was doing with the fisker Karma deal.

Would be cool if more drive line swaps (off topic , I know) could be done in house on the assembly line. VW has a lot of that capacity...they just showed a Golf/GTI variant called the Golf R 400 at a Chinese auto show... A 400 wheel h.p. 4 cyl AWD beast...

Imagine a Corvette with as many drive train choices as the 1960's...except that now perhaps one could order ( in the near future) anything from full electric to a thousand Horse twin aturbo Veyron Beater...

Just build the Veyron beater as a partial hybrid so Blu keeps chasing those young whippersnappers off his yard as he complains.

Oh and neat photos, Drew!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1