SEPTEMBER 2014 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD HERE!

ocnblu

Here we go, descending into darkness for a long winter's nap, but before we turn on our headlights, let's get out there and see what we can see, there's a lot of cruising time left.  Post your interesting, unusual, or really cool vehicular spots right here.

So the BMW Electric car is even Uglier in real world. Was on the bus home when I saw this as we buzzed by and then the traffic slowed and it passed us, so I was able to get the following pictures. Wish I had the front as it is really Ugly!

post-12-0-45562800-1409719050_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-85897900-1409719082_thumb.jpg

Saw an eclectic group of cars yesterday morning on the way to work--white McLaren MP4-12C spyder, red Ferrari 458 spyder, black Cadillac XLR-v, and a black/silver Rolls Royce Wraith--the first of the new big RR coupes I've seen--stunning. 

I'm on vacation in Boulder CO right now.... spotted a 9-3x... I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the wild before.

post-51-0-45452100-1410102900_thumb.png

Also spotted a 9-4x at a local dealership, but was driving and didn't get a picture.

How about a Jeep Commander?

post-51-0-88823200-1410102810_thumb.png

post-51-0-91559300-1410102831_thumb.png

I'm glad you posted that, balthazar!  I've seen that at least twice to & from work on Route 1 in the Princeton/West Windsor area. Awesome looking vehicle to see on the road; not sure I'd drive that at AM & PM rush hours on Route 1 though  :bowl:

EDIT: 1949 REO Speedwagon - it's a rolling (mobile) brick pizza oven!!  http://www.nomadpizzaco.com/pizza-truck.html

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I saw it the 2nd time on the main drag going out of New Brunswick, it was rollin' right along at about 40-45 MPG… wonder if it's been repowered or at least overdriven.

Also wondering what sort of discount I might be able to work if I rolled up in my '40 COE. ;) (Actually; no fan of brick oven pizza. :(  )

Edited by balthazar

Today's sightings were flooded roads.  The Phoenix area set a new record for the most rain in a day--was raining steadily from around 2am till noon...on the drive to the office, a 4 lane street was partially underwater (maybe 2-3 feet at the low side) and I went through on the one open lane..saw a submerged white Chrysler Crossfire and a red Pontiac G6 cabrio (first of those I'd seen in ages).

Was in Singapore for the past few days. Saw a bunch of Sciroccos. I'll be honest that the pictures do not do justice for the car, it is better looking in person. A good number of Alfa Rs. Also saw a BMW M550D sedan. A boat-load of Minis.

Saw a bunch of RHD Chrysler 300 along with MB E220 CDI as the "premium taxis". Also we traveled in Mercedes Viano taxis, which cost the same to rent as the Ssangyong boats. So much for being a premium car manufacturer.

The cars are so expensive there, partly because of exorbitant taxes, partly because of being a tiny, crowded island state, and partly because of encouraging the public transportation. A VW Golf costs $100,000 USD equivalent!!!

My brother used to have a yellow '76 Chevy stepside very similar to that one Drew posted.

Coming out of a restaurant tonight I walked past a silver '15 Sonata..mistook it for a Fusion--the profile is so similar.  So many fastback 6 window sedans these days...

My brother used to have a yellow '76 Chevy stepside very similar to that one Drew posted.

Coming out of a restaurant tonight I walked past a silver '15 Sonata..mistook it for a Fusion--the profile is so similar.  So many fastback 6 window sedans these days.

Yup, and if we can believe the spy shots, Malibu is next to fall in line... sigh... long, low roof six window fastback sedans.  I blame the Audi A7, it started the trend.  Benz CLS was before the A7, but it was just a melted E-class... the A7 is the template for all that followed, imo.

The whole fastback look of 4 door sedans is so yesterday.

GM did it in '78..

Coming out of a restaurant tonight I walked past a silver '15 Sonata..mistook it for a Fusion--the profile is so similar.  So many fastback 6 window sedans these days.

Yup, and if we can believe the spy shots, Malibu is next to fall in line... sigh... long, low roof six window fastback sedans.  I blame the Audi A7, it started the trend.  Benz CLS was before the A7, but it was just a melted E-class... the A7 is the template for all that followed, imo.

The CLS may have been on E-class mechanicals, but looks nothing like the E-class..the CLS design is my favorite of modern Benzes....I like the A7, esp. that it's a hatchback.  Of course, 6-window midsize sedans are nothing new...GM did it with the A-bodies in the '70s (RWD) and 80s (FWD), Audi going back to the '70s, Ford w/ the Taurus, etc..

Today there are so many w/ similar greenhouses...Fusion, Avalon, 200, Sonata, etc...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The whole fastback look of 4 door sedans is so yesterday.

GM did it in '78..

The CLS may have been on E-class mechanicals, but looks nothing like the E-class..the CLS design is my favorite of modern Benzes....I like the A7, esp. that it's a hatchback.  Of course, 6-window midsize sedans are nothing new...GM did it with the A-bodies in the '70s (RWD) and 80s (FWD), Audi going back to the '70s, Ford w/ the Taurus, etc..

Today there are so many w/ similar greenhouses...Fusion, Avalon, 200, Sonata, etc...

You hit the nail on the Head, with so many similar greenhouses, but just follow a trend, why not bring something new and better to the table.

If I was GM, I would pull the Areo Look back onto the Malibu as was found on a limited production run of Monte Carlos from the mid 80's. Have a decent trunk and you have a winner, call it Chicken Dinner!

post-12-0-32905800-1411136715_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-52362600-1411136717_thumb.jpg

Late last week, my mom replaced her E320 (after 20 years!) with a used '09 Acura TL.

After talking to her about her new acquisition, I feel like I've seen every new model of Acura every day this week.  RLX, TLX, ILX, you name it.

Yup, and if we can believe the spy shots, Malibu is next to fall in line... sigh... 

So is the LaCrosse.  The Impala and XTS are already there...though I like the Impala roofline.

I was one of the few who actually liked the fastback '78-'79 A-bodies.  I would still love to have a '79 Century Turbo Coupe with a GNX powertrain.

Was behind a '54 Ford two-door wagon yesterday driving through downtown Lancaster, on its way to a cruise-in.

Edited by ocnblu

Saw a sharp bright red w/ black wheels and black roof '14 Corvette Stingray in the parking lot at a local pet food store when I went in.  When I came out, it was being winched up onto a rollback wrecker...hmmm... must have been recalled. :)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Went 'window shopping' at FC Kerbeck today. Saw the following:

2014 GMC Sierra SLE Double Cab in Emerald Green metallic:

post-418-0-77265100-1411953736_thumb.jpg

The actual Cadillac Escalade that "Tony Soprano" drove/rode in from the HBO series "The Sopranos", for sale:

post-418-0-86432000-1411953727_thumb.jpg

A late '60s Buick Electra 225 with dealer plates and a 'Not For Sale" sticker in the windshield:

post-418-0-03474100-1411953714_thumb.jpg

A dealership-owned late '90s GMC K-1500 Sierra SL regular cab pickup (still love this design):

post-418-0-79981600-1411953755_thumb.jpg

I went to a local car show yesterday; need to get the pictures off my camera and will post some interesting spots from there soon.

I was one of the few who actually liked the fastback '78-'79 A-bodies.  I would still love to have a '79 Century Turbo Coupe with a GNX powertrain.

I was too young to like them when they were new, but they've grown on me over the years.  Naturally, the Oldsmobile is the best looking version.

I'm being taunted by classic GM pickups lately.  Last week on my drive in to work I saw a late '40s/early '50s GMC on the back of a car carrier (looked like an older restoration job or a very good survivor).  Today on my way in I got behind a pickup towing trailer with a 1955 2nd Series Chevy 3100 on it that is in need of a restoration job but showing all of it's patina of being a former tradesman's truck (faded business name & number on the door).  Had all of its exterior emblems and trim in place (may have been missing a hubcap on the passenger side).  One day, ONE DAY!!!  :truck: