Lexus News: Rumorpile: The Lexus GS F Rumor That Won't Die

William Maley

It has been almost three years since our last report on the Lexus GS F. At that time, we reported that the model would use a detuned version of the LF-A's V10 engine with 500+ horsepower. Nothing came of that rumor, but a new one has come across our rumorpile desk.

Autocar has learned from sources that GS F is still incoming and will use a tuned version of the 5.0L V8 found the upcoming RC F Coupe producing somewhere in the range of 500 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. This will be paired up to a eight-speed automatic and Torsen differential. The run to 60 MPH is expected to be in the mid four second range and reach a top speed of 170 MPH. The report goes on to say that orders could begin as early as the forth quarter of next year.

Like before, we'll believe it when we see it.

Source: Autocar

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Lexus has the worst performance line of any luxury car maker, well at least for the ones that have a performance line, I guess Lexus is better than Lincoln or Acura.  But they basically have the IS-F and some trim packages that amount to wheels and a spoiler and stiffer suspension on their cars.  Nice performance line. 

Then they want to make a GS-F with 500 hp and 380 lb-ft or whatever it will have.  0-60 of 4.5 seconds, but does Lexus realize that is what the E550 and 550i can do?  Even the Mercedes C400 has been posting 0-60 times of 4.6-4.9 seconds.  The big boys are putting out 500-600 hp and torque, running 0-60 in the 3's now.  The GS-F performance numbers are about 10 years behind, in fact they sound like a 2004 BMW M5.

Lexus has the worst performance line of any luxury car maker, well at least for the ones that have a performance line, I guess Lexus is better than Lincoln or Acura.  But they basically have the IS-F and some trim packages that amount to wheels and a spoiler and stiffer suspension on their cars.  Nice performance line. 

Then they want to make a GS-F with 500 hp and 380 lb-ft or whatever it will have.  0-60 of 4.5 seconds, but does Lexus realize that is what the E550 and 550i can do?  Even the Mercedes C400 has been posting 0-60 times of 4.6-4.9 seconds.  The big boys are putting out 500-600 hp and torque, running 0-60 in the 3's now.  The GS-F performance numbers are about 10 years behind, in fact they sound like a 2004 BMW M5.

I disagree for the most part. Yes the RX 350 F-Sport was a disapointment. But the GS 350 F-Sport was amazing to drive. Do I wish for a little bit more oomph? Sure. But everywhere else from the steering, suspension, and looks was excellent. I just drove a IS 350 F-Sport a few weeks back and was even more impressed with it. Review is coming soon.