Always Remember

We tell others to "never say never", but then use the phrase "never forget" for 09/11/2001!  Perhaps "always remember" is a bit more appropriate for Patriot Day & other things?  I’ve said it’s more about people than anything, but starting to wonder....

Until a few weeks ago, it had been ~1 year & 3 months since I posted.  I’ve been without a job for over 2.5 years & without income for a year (unemployment ended September 2013).  I was denied disability; I am now on Medicaid, but cannot see my doctors.  I’ve sold cars, with 2 more for sale now; all of my FWD-condoning MCs are gone.

Otherwise, things are great; ha!  Nephew will be 6 years old & Niece will be 2 years old this November.

Job search has had too many misses.  I’m looking for customer service, marketing or social media opportunities; trying to use my crafting creativity on my OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS facebook page to leverage social media experience.  Thinking about moving to 1 of these areas:

Nashville-Jackson TN

Bowling Green KY

Albuquerque NM

Kingman-Flagstaff AZ

Amarillo-Dallas-Fort Worth TX

Tulsa-OK City OK

5 years ago, I was in the midst of my 2009 Route 66 road trip.  I’ve been sharing pics from that journey on OC,SH daily:

That was 1 of many road trips I did 2002-2011 to meet people in person, including some of you.  My 2 most-recent trips were in 2010 & 2011:

Easy to support when things are well; challenging when not.

Easy to hope someone is OK; challenging to reach out to them.

Easy to claim to be a good friend; challenging to show it.

Easy to wish you could help; challenging to actually do so.

Need to sell these 2 Caprice Classics ASAP; storage gone at the end of this month:

For these parts, pickup or local delivery.  Prices extremely negotiable; if not sold, parts will be dumped at a local junkyard:

"I can still hear us laughing on the front porch in the dark; there are days when I know I've traveled so far that I'll never find the road leading back to the start"

"I used to love this view, sit here & drink a few ... these sleepy streetlights on every sidewalk side street shed a light on everything that used to be"

"Somewhere in this city is a road I know where we could make it, but maybe there's no making it now ... I was only trying to bury the pain ... If the time could turn us around, what once was lost may be found ... We hit a wall & we can’t get over it, nothing left to relive."

"It's hard to say it, time to say it, goodbye; so hard to stay, so hard to leave"

Cort | 40.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics

Near the end of this week I turn 41.  5 years ago, while on my Route 66 trip, I didn’t think things would go bad in a hurry: 4th open heart surgery (11/11/2011), forced to job hunt, selling cars, discovering I have way fewer friends than I thought, etc.  For those who take life for granted & don’t see things ever changing, it CAN switch in a heartbeat.

On the plus side, starting my OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS facebook page has been a blessing, in many ways:

Still, I’m unnerved with much “up in the air” & unknown but trying not to worry.  In the next 2 weeks, I have to sell 2 Caprice Classics or find storage for which I cannot afford.  Drove a bit this past Sunday, despite gout flaring up, to enjoy the sunshine-drenched skies, but I just felt sad.

“Has it all gone to waste? All the promises we made, 1 by 1 they vanish just the same … Now the days are so long that summer's moving on, We reach for something that's already gone … Of all the things I still remember, summer's never looked the same, the years go by & time just seems to fly, but the memories remain”

NEW AD; 2 Caprice Classics

NEW AD; pickup or local delivery ONLY.

Prices EXTREMELY negotiable; if not sold, parts dumped at a local junkyard

Cort | 40.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics