September 2014: BMW of North America

BMW Group U.S. Reports September 2014 Sales  

• BMW brand sales up 8.6 percent – Best September Ever
  • MINI brand sales down 20.5 percent
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 1, 2014… Sales of BMW brand vehicles increased 8.6 percent in September for a total of 25,586 compared to 23,568 vehicles sold in September, 2013. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is up 11.3 percent on sales of 236,591 compared to 212,565 sold in the first nine months of 2013.

“After such a strong August, to set a new September sales record for BMW is a great accomplishment and emphasizes the importance of our new models to the company’s sales success,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “I am especially pleased to see dealer deliveries of the spectacular i8 hybrid now underway as we enter the very important fourth quarter of the year.”

BMW Group Sales
The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported September sales of 29,805 vehicles, an increase of 3.2 percent from the 28,874 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, the BMW Group (BMW and MINI combined) is up 5.2 percent on sales of 275,779 in the first nine months of 2014 compared to 262,200 in the same period in 2013.

MINI Brand Sales
For September, MINI USA reports 4,219 automobiles, a decrease of 20.5 percent from the 5,306 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a sales total of 39,188 automobiles, a decrease of 21.0 percent from the 49,635 automobiles sold in the first nine months of 2013.

post-10485-0-59098600-1412187886_thumb.j

Mercedes is bringing stiff competition and we have a very shallow economic recovery, making high end luxury cars less than attractive.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Awful month for the 5-series, it is never below 2,000.  Usually it is around 3500-4500.  The E-class is aging so I don't think that was the reason, maybe a lot of people think the 5-series is getting too big an expensive and they decided on a 3-seres instead since 3-series sales boomed. 

7-series and A8 are getting killed by the S-class.

Awful month for the 5-series, it is never below 2,000.  Usually it is around 3500-4500.  The E-class is aging so I don't think that was the reason, maybe a lot of people think the 5-series is getting too big an expensive and they decided on a 3-seres instead since 3-series sales boomed. 

7-series and A8 are getting killed by the S-class.

Have U looked at the 3/4 series? They look LARGE for the class. I bet good money that the 3/4 is stealing sales from the 5/6 which is not a good thing considering the pricing lost. The CLA is doing the same thing to the C-Class at your favorite Kraut's house..  Long story short... BMW should have not messed with the size of the E90 when it went F30. I keep saying that's why they have the next class up. 

• Agree 1

The 5-series for the year is up 1.3%, and these generations of 3 and 5 series have been on sale a couple years now.  The 5 could have just had a bad month, it could be 3-series taking sales, but one month isn't a trend.  I do think the 3 and 5-series are a bit too large and porky looking, they could both stand to lose about 2-3 inches in length and width and lose a couple hundred pounds.  BMW loses focus sometimes, when they are on top of their game they are tough, but right now the 3-series and an electric car is all they got.

Mercedes has to be smiling today as the E-class is near the end of its life cycle and the oldest vehicle in the segment just beat the 5-series 3 to 1.