My Latest Car - I Just Grew a Mullet.

Ah, those luscious locks of the American redneck just sprouted from my scalp like never before! I have just purchased the poster child for all things 'Murica, the Pontiac Firebird. It will gradually replace the Avalon as I look to sell that car. But you're probably not interested in that.

The details: 1998, 3800 V6, 5-speed, T-Tops, and just under 124k. No rust, a few scratches here and there, a small dent from the previous owner's kid, and originally a whole lot of muck. After a full detail, it shines up fairly well and looks fairly good for its age. 

firebird01.jpg

firebird02.jpg

firebird03.jpg

firebird04.jpg

firebird05.jpg

firebird06.jpg

firebird07.jpg

firebird08.jpg

firebird09.jpg

firebird10.jpg

firebird11.jpg

firebird12.jpg

firebird13.jpg

firebird14.jpg

firebird15.jpg

firebird16.jpg

• Agree 1

Way to Go, Sweet Ride, At least your mullet color will match your car color.

Does the exhaust leak? Looks like it has rust spots all over the muffler. Might need to get a new Stainless steel free flowing unit.

The inner lights, those are just fog lights or driving lights? Are the covers a different color or distorted?

I like these cars, very nice ride.

Way to Go, Sweet Ride, At least your mullet color will match your car color.

Does the exhaust leak? Looks like it has rust spots all over the muffler. Might need to get a new Stainless steel free flowing unit.

The inner lights, those are just fog lights or driving lights? Are the covers a different color or distorted?

I like these cars, very nice ride.

Doesn't leak at the moment, it's still pretty solid. Depending on how long I decided to keep it, I may upgrade at some point, but that remains to be seen. And yes, the DRLs/turn signals could stand to be replaced. They've cracked as they do on many Pontiacs and have filled with dirt and debris. I tried cleaning them out to no avail. 

Thanks, y'all. It was great deal that was hard to pass up.

Congo-rats, a good choice.

What is the status of your other rides?

Well, as mentioned, I'm looking to sell the Avalon. I'm trying to cut back on expenses and could really do without it's hefty car payment. I can't really complain about it otherwise, it's been as reliable as a Toyota is supposed to be. Course, I'll also be happy to lose the gray-haired image, too. The Firebird is a step towards something more my style. :P

Now, I can only hope the 3800 serves to also be a reliable runner, as it's been known to be. My fingers are crossed... I haven't had luck in the past with my former favorite brand.