Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

NOVEMBER CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

ocnblu

Sunday lot cruising... found a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in the new Deep Ocean Blue Metallic Color:

post-418-0-20283900-1415051165_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-63985200-1415051660_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-03532700-1415051216_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it was parked inconveniently for my picture taking needs :P  I should have gone out earlier when the sun was hitting it to get a true sense of this new blue... however, I'm liking it better than the Cobalt Blue (GMC's name, can't recall Chevy's name) on the 2014 models.  I think I still would go with the new dark green (Emerald Green Metallic=GMC/Rainforest Green Metallic=Chevy) if I were to buy a new 2015 FS truck (it's a shame as dark blue is my favorite color, but I'd rather have a navy blue than a bright blue).

Edited by GMTruckGuy74
  • Agree 1

Went to the Atco Raceway for the 2014 BOPapalooza show (Buick-Olds-Pontiac) and saw many of my favorite Pontiacs ('56 Star Chief Sport Sedan, '57 Star Chief Sport Sedan, '58 Bonneville Sport Coupe, '61 Catalina Bubbletop, '62 GP) and fell in love with two Olds - '50 Futuramic Two-door Sedan and '40 Coupe). Bonneville pic provided below with a '70s Olds Ambulance as Ecto-1). On the way home passed a '58/'59 GMC Wideside [fleetside] pickup - if I drove would have turned around!). Stopped by my GMC dealership to test drive and talk numbers on a leftover '14 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Double Cab 4WD (pic below).

post-418-0-81172900-1415513240_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-18989500-1415513250_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-93909900-1415513232_thumb.jpg

Sunday lot cruising... found a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in the new Deep Ocean Blue Metallic Color:

attachicon.gifIMG_5223.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5228.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5229.JPG

Unfortunately it was parked inconveniently for my picture taking needs :P  I should have gone out earlier when the sun was hitting it to get a true sense of this new blue... however, I'm liking it better than the Cobalt Blue (GMC's name, can't recall Chevy's name) on the 2014 models.  I think I still would go with the new dark green (Emerald Green Metallic=GMC/Rainforest Green Metallic=Chevy) if I were to buy a new 2015 FS truck (it's a shame as dark blue is my favorite color, but I'd rather have a navy blue than a bright blue).

Just saw that color on an LS....love that color!

• Agree 1

The 2nd new MB GLA I've seen tooling around.

SubstandardFullSizeRender_zps6caa99ba.jp

Kind of a Juke'ish...squashed mini crossover vibe on the road, just a bit longer. Definitely CLA based.

Edited by caddycruiser

Kind of a Juke'ish...squashed mini crossover vibe on the road, just a bit longer. Definitely CLA based.

Honestly, before I read your comment I looked at the picture and I wondered why would you post a Kia Rio5 on stilettos.

Saw some new ProMaster vans doing deliveries this morning walking to work. I noticed the front corners of the bumper were scratched up. I asked the driver about it as they were brand new and still only had the temp paper plate in the window. The driver said that he and other drivers were hating the new vans as it was really hard from the drivers position to know where your corners were in comparison to the GM or Ford traditional vans. Pretty funny IMHO.

Honestly, before I read your comment I looked at the picture and I wondered why would you post a Kia Rio5 on stilettos.

They are interesting looking, and yes, just like a microwaved CLA but not as well detailed. Remove the badges and it could be a variety of any brands.

The scary part is how many I've seen already, though the Philadelphia area is always a mecca for cheaper versions of pricey brands. CLA's, A3's, etc. everywhere, so the GLA should be those x3 due to being a crossover.

Saw some new ProMaster vans doing deliveries this morning walking to work. I noticed the front corners of the bumper were scratched up. I asked the driver about it as they were brand new and still only had the temp paper plate in the window. The driver said that he and other drivers were hating the new vans as it was really hard from the drivers position to know where your corners were in comparison to the GM or Ford traditional vans. Pretty funny IMHO.

Oh come on, they aren't that much different than the old style.  The advantage that the promaster has it that the bumpers are very easy to replace though

Oh come on, they aren't that much different than the old style.  The advantage that the promaster has it that the bumpers are very easy to replace though

LOL, Just stating what the guy said to me. I thought it was interesting.

I've been seeing new Ram ProMaster cargo vans everywhere too...temp plates and all. They look huge with tiny wheels, then you see the beam axle rear suspension, etc. Cargo vans will never die, and it's interesting to see which ones are selling now, especially the little Nissan NV200 I see more of than Ford Transit Connects.

Saw a very clean white '71 Ford Torino 500 2dr ht at the grocery this morning, wasn't familiar with that trim level, apparently was a '71 only designation ('70 was the last year for the Fairlane 500).

You think that's rare, have you ever seen a '70 1/2 Falcon?  It's a stripped Torino.

New 2015 C Class at Best Buy yesterday. Ritzy looking but bulbous at the same time, like an awkwardly shrunken down toy S class. The last gen looked crisper and fresher.

FullSizeRender_zps2c3034fd.jpg

And like most MB owners could not park worth a darn. How do people not pull into the parking spot, then straighten out for less door dings, easier backing out when leaving, etc. Just screams, look at my PHAT Ass and I think I am better than you.

Ugly, Ugly Car.

Saw a BMW i3 today in traffic, first I'd seen...silver blue and black two-tone.  Tall, skinny tires..looks very futuristic yet violently ugly at the same time..reminds me of a shrunken Honda Element.

day