She Has Arrived

Z-06

From first hand experience, an awesome driving car in Slush.. probably only amped-up fun with stick. And would U look at that interior. On par with every luxo make I can think of including its sister Cadillac. This, with the Impala's nose, and an available V6, should have been the Impala, and the Impala should have been made a smidge smaller and called Malibu

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

The SS was at the Seattle International Auto show and they had one in the Live Drive area. It was very popular as people were willing to wait an hr to test drive it here in Seattle. People were very impressed with the car.

It is a near complete package for a compromise body style - sedan. Good sleeper looks with amenities comparable to any mid-level Lux sedan, good power train, and that handling! This car is a rare gem.

What can be improved? LT1 and 7-speed, but those imperfections are acceptable. I can see GM not using those to keep the price below $50K.

The "global GM sedan" style is the only thing I am not hot on with this car... it was a let-down as a Pontiac, which was a company known for a signature set of styling cues, and now as a Chevrolet, all they really did was graft on Malibu taillights to denote its brand here in the States.  The Pontiac, and this Chevy, could have been so much more to look at.  The Charger is more authentic in that way.

But I am still glad it's here, even if I think that GM did not really put their heart in it.

I want to buy one, but these are pricey sport sedans! A south Jersey Chevy dealer has a leftover 2014 SS Red Hot 2 with sunroof and full spare tire for MSRP $47,170 that the dealer says I can buy for $44,537 (GM Supplier pricing is $45,587.01). I was hoping Chevy was part of the 20% Black Friday sale (i.e. Buick-GMC) but even if they were the SS is not part of the holiday sales promotion.

post-418-0-19428300-1417062629_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-09135900-1417062638_thumb.jpg

If I'm spending $45k, I'm going for a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab Standard Bed Z71 4WD :smilewide:

• 1 month later...

Absolutely gorgeous car.  I have been a fan of it since release.  A little bit on the pricey side in my opinion, but there are plenty of rebate/discount options that are around for them.  I would have to get the manual transmission for sure.  Every car I have owned for the last several years has been manual and I find it so much more enjoyable to drive.  Granted when you get stuck in stop and go traffic in the city it can be a bit annoying, but you get used to it quickly.  The interior is amazing, as said above, that of a luxury car.  Top it all off with a 6.2L V8 and you are in for some fun for sure!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you have a more powerful version of the car - VXR8 GTS, with LSA motor in it making 576 bhp and 545 lb-ft of torque.

So in other words this is the Cadillac V under the Vauxhall label.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you have a more powerful version of the car - VXR8 GTS, with LSA motor in it making 576 bhp and 545 lb-ft of torque.

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset

Holden_HSV-GTS-VF_2014_rrq1.jpg

SWEET PICTURES Thanks for posting. Totally awesome ride.