Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2012 Passat TDI

Last night I traded the Charger RT on a 2012 Passat TDI with the DSG. I am leaving for a road trip this afternoon from NJ to Ohio, driving all over the state of Ohio and back to NJ next Tuesday. I am anxious to see what kind of mpgs this thing gets cruising down the highway!

I will let you know when I get back next week!

• Agree 1

Sad to see the charger go but I can totally understand wanting a newer auto and better fuel MPG.

Looking forward to seeing what you get on the trip. :) Safe Driving

• Agree 1

Sad to see the charger go but I can totally understand wanting a newer auto and better fuel MPG.

Looking forward to seeing what you get on the trip. :) Safe Driving

I think he got a new job and has a really long commute now.

Be careful driving. You're going to be passing through an area expected to get 6" of snow today, it's already started from what I just heard on the radio.

• Agree 1

Yeah, it'll be pretty rough with the weather, but I've certainly driven through worse!

I'm sad to see the charger go too, I love that car. I am moving in with my partner in the near future, and he lives an hour north of my job, but he commutes into NYC, so it isn't deasible for him to move farther south. I wasn't in a hurry to get a diesel, I have a few months, but I found a great deal so I jumped!

On a side trip from Cincinnati to toledo, I set the cruise at 70 mph and ran the right land of I 75. The in dash computer says I averaged 49.5 mpg! I haven't filled up to calculate it manually yet, but that is hugely impressive to me on a car as large as my Passat!

• Agree 2