November 2014: Subaru of America, Inc.

SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. ENJOYS BEST NOVEMBER EVER, CONFIRMS ALL-TIME SALES RECORD

• Subaru breaks all-time annual sales record with one month of the year still remaining
  • Record November - monthly sales increase 24 percent over November 2013
  • Second best retail sales month ever
  • Best Outback month ever
  • Best November ever for Forester and WRX/STI
  • 16 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters sold
  • Over 20,000 WRX/STI vehicles sold year-to-date for the first time since 2003
  • 36th consecutive month of month-over-month growth

Cherry Hill, N.J. -  Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) continues its record-breaking run with the best November in the company’s history with sales of 45,273 vehicles, a 24 percent increase over November 2013. November also saw individual records broken for Outback, Forester and WRX/STI, while the Legacy saw a 97 percent jump in sales.

Subaru’s year-to-date sales are also noteworthy. The company’s previous full-year record of 424,683 vehicles, set in 2013, was eclipsed on November 7. The brand is now up 21 percent year-to-date with 463,770 vehicles sold, with December sales still to come.

Subaru’s sales gains in 2014 follow seven successive years of sales growth and were driven by increases across the board with record sales for Forester, WRX/STI, Legacy, Outback and XV Crosstrek. Subaru of America has now seen 36 consecutive months (three years) of month-over-month sales increases and has shattered its previous annual sales records for the past six years.

“Since achieving our 2013 record earlier this month, every sale is a new record,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. “2014 will be a historic year for the Subaru franchise as we will break 500,000 sales before year end.”

“Traffic to our retailers remains very strong and it is encouraging to see Legacy sedan sales continue to grow,” said Jeff Walters, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. “We also look forward to continuing our popular annual ‘Share the Love’ event with its tradition of giving back to the community in December,” Walters concluded.

The ‘Share the Love’ program will run through January 2, 2015. Subaru will donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased to the customer's choice of the following charities: ASPCA®, Make-A-Wish®, Meals On Wheels Association of America® and National Park Foundation or a local charity selected by the Subaru retailer.

post-10485-0-48151500-1417548134_thumb.j

I guess I don't really get what is driving Subaru's gains.  There cars have gotten less stylish IMHO over the last generation or two, they don't seem to be buying market share and they aren't particularly known for their quality (I can attest to that one after owning one).  I could see if this were their product onslaught of '05 - '07 but this generation of cars?   :unsure:   I guess the full time AWD is still a good marketing tool.

• Agree 1

They have hit their Marketing just right with the let rain wash your car and we will still just keep working and taking you to do what ever you want to do. The High Tech workers seem to buy up Subarus big time I have noticed. If you are into the outdoors, camping, skiing, etc tech workers seem to be buying up AWD auto's like Subaru. If you are not into those things then it is the luxury makers.