Chevrolet News:Chevrolet Adds Custom Sport Package to Silverado

If you think the current Chevrolet Silverado has too much brightwork, the 2015 Silverado Custom Sport package might be for you. As a special edition package available on the LT and LTZ models, the Silverado Custom Sport package swaps out the chrome front and rear bumper, and grille surround for body colored versions. Chrome is added to the door handles and side mirrors. You can have any color of Custom Sport you like as long as it is white, black, or white diamond (LTZ only). The package also includes projector beam headlights, tow hooks, and heated mirrors.

Chevy says this special edition pays homage to the 1967 Chevrolet Custom Sport that was available with bright trim and bucket seats.

The Custom Sport package will cost between $1,950 - $2,950 with the higher number likely applying when selecting the white diamond tricoat paint.

2015 Silverado Custom Sport

3f6de94643a8989af28ede1fd9c5f226.jpg2015 Silverado LTZ Z-71

med_gallery_51_2_338985.png

Chevrolet Press Release on Page 2

Source: GM Media

2015 Silverado Offers Custom Sport Package

Inspired by Chevy Custom Sport Trucks that helped launch personal-use pickups

DETROIT – With the new 2015 Silverado Custom Sport special edition, Chevrolet pays homage to one of its most iconic pickups, adding a sophisticated monochromatic look to double- and crew-cab Silverados.

The Custom Sport package features body-colored front and rear bumpers and a body-colored grille surround with a chrome-accented black grille. Other accents include 20-inch chrome wheels, chrome door handles and mirror caps, and chrome body-side moldings. The package also includes projector beam headlamps, tow hooks and heated power-adjusted mirrors.

“The Custom Sport special edition was inspired by Chevy Custom Sport Trucks of the late 1960s,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director. “Those CST models added a touch of elegance to a great all-around truck, just like the Custom Sport package for the new Silverado.”

The redesigned 1967 Chevrolet pickup entered the market at a time when trucks were starting to move off the jobsites and into the driveways of cities and suburbs. The 1967 Custom Sport Truck, with its bright trim, plush carpet and bucket seats, helped launch a wave of personal use pickups that continues today.

For the 2015 Silverado, the Custom Sport package will be available as LT and LTZ models, including Z71s. LT models will be available in black or white, while LTZs will come in black or White Diamond Tricoat.

Package prices will vary from $1,950 to $2,950, depending on the model. Dealers can place orders starting this month.

View full article

One thing I was fan of post-MCE GMT900 Silverado 2500s was the Z71 package with body colored bumpers.

GMC has the body colored bumpers in the All-Terrain package on the new Sierra. It does have more color choices than the ones offered for the this Silverado, though. The truck genuinely looks good.

I generally by GMC for the lack of the chrome.

I just wish they had an option where you could opt for Chrome or painted bumpers and grills on what ever truck. I am not a big chrome guy.

Also with a lot of the chrome plastic anymore it just get dinged up anyways. That is my only real complaint on our Terrain is the chrome over the grill. I plan to replace it next year as it is looking crappy while the rest of the nose is pretty clean.

I generally by GMC for the lack of the chrome.

I just wish they had an option where you could opt for Chrome or painted bumpers and grills on what ever truck. I am not a big chrome guy.

Also with a lot of the chrome plastic anymore it just get dinged up anyways. That is my only real complaint on our Terrain is the chrome over the grill. I plan to replace it next year as it is looking crappy while the rest of the nose is pretty clean.

A Terrain with body color grill would look really hot  especially on a black one.

It would be better than the Denali. I am not a big fan of the Denali grill even if many others are. It is just my own thing.

As for TTV6 you would have to cut some weight and lower it if you can. It is too top heavy for any real performance and needs to drop down below 4000  pounds to make the best of it. Maybe the next gen.

I love my Terrain but I am realistic. As it is now it is not a good performance platform and it is not an off road vehicle as some want to think it is. It is basically a SUV like Minivan that my wife likes and I am not ashamed to be seen in it.

Now in the next gen if they could lower it properly to where it still handles and once they remove some weight it might make for an appealing package. The other considerations is How Much. The Denali now is over $41K loaded. How high can you go and people will still buy?

Edited by hyperv6

The 2nd truck is not a LTZ, it's the 2014 LT w/ Z71 option. As Bill pointed out, 2015 Z71's have a silver painted grille ('14s have black colored grille).

The truck in the original post is not an LTZ Z71, it's an LT Z71.  The '15 LTZ Z71 has a silver grille.

nit

picker

No, he's an en

thusiast :D

- - - - -

Got to give Ford one thing, they offer a lot of truck-related packages that allows for a lot of individualization.

The more Chevy & GMC offer, the better for the consumer.

The 2nd truck is not a LTZ, it's the 2014 LT w/ Z71 option. As Bill pointed out, 2015 Z71's have a silver painted grille ('14s have black colored grille).

The truck in the original post is not an LTZ Z71, it's an LT Z71.  The '15 LTZ Z71 has a silver grille.

nit

picker

No, he's an en

thusiast :D

- - - - -

Got to give Ford one thing, they offer a lot of truck-related packages that allows for a lot of individualization.

The more Chevy & GMC offer, the better for the consumer.

Not a 2014 LT Z71, but a 2015 LT Z71, it has the body color door handles and mirror caps.  The 2015 LT Z71 has body color handles and caps, but retains the special black Z71 grille.  The 2015 LTZ Z71 has the silver grille, and I am not sure, but I think it has different wheels too.

Hey Drewbert  :P  :AH-HA:

Edited by ocnblu

For what it is worth we have a 2015 LT Z71 and it looks just like the second one posted with the chrome grill with the black inserts. It also has the same wheels. We lack the lower chrome on the front bumper. 

The bigger difference is the leather on the inside and some detail items.   

Unless  you know what to look for you can pass a LT off at a LTZ pretty easy on the outside.

• 1 month later...

Love the look of the crew cab in Summit White in the press release. Too bad I can't actually get one that looks like the pic in the press release. Summit White is only offered in Double Cab and White Diamond is the alternative in Crew :(