Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Russia Bans Gay and Trans People from Driving

FAPTurbo

In a December 29th decree, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev states that people "with disorders of sexual preference" are banned from driving in the country.

Identifying as gay, transgender or transsexual is considered one of the many "'mental disorders' now barring people from driving," according to the BBC. Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included, as are amputees and those under 4-foot-11-inches.

This move further suppresses Russia's LGBT population, forcing people to remain closeted for fear of losing mobility.

The wide-ranging law was signed just before Russia's government recessed for the New Year Orthodox Christmas holiday. It is the latest in a number of legislative measures to isolate LGBT people, shoring up rising homophobic and nationalist rhetoric that has benefited President Vladimir Putin.

Medvedev's "On Road Safety" decree claims "the decisions are aimed at reducing deaths from road traffic accidents," but does not cite specific evidence. This comes on the heels of Russia's government announcing it will slash vodka prices by 16% in February, in a country where one-quarter of men die before 55 due to alcohol consumption.

Image: By Brian Minkoff-London Pixels (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons

View full article

Yea like banning people based on sex will drop highway deaths when it is almost a national past time to drive drunk.

Yup drop the price of Vodka and watch deaths go up. Smart thinking idiots of Putins dictatorship government.

Yea like banning people based on sex will drop highway deaths when it is almost a national past time to drive drunk.

Yup drop the price of Vodka and watch deaths go up. Smart thinking idiots of Putins dictatorship government.

It's not about driving deaths - it's about marginalizing LGBT people and reducing their mobility. Without a vehicle, many of these Russians can't pursue job or educational opportunities. This is a 'yellow Star of David' moment. 

It also removes a degree of safety in a country where beating gays is encouraged. Taking the subway or bus could spell death for an LGBT person. 

I'm not really surprised by this, Russian isn't exactly known for being a progressive nation. They have over the recent years been passing more and more laws that limit the Gay and Transgender community. Honestly they remind me of the Nuremberg Laws the Nazis passed.

You really want to know what is going on read up on Aleksandr Dugin as this man is behind much of the things going on in Russia today. He is dangerous and could play in some major issues and problems the work will face into the future. He makes Osama look like a amateur.

The anti gay stuff all started with Dugin.

Russia is working to regain their nationalism and he is playing a major roll. He is mixing far right politics with distorted orthodox religion and nationalisms in a way just as Hitler did in Germany in the 30's.

He is now targeting the Gays as Hitler did and they are in great danger in Russia right now. This and the stuff at the Olympic are nothing compared to what we may see. The Jews in the old Iron Curtain countries are also nervous as they know they will get to them next.

The policies of this man are being followed by Putin and others in Russia and will be felt globally in due time.

Also when I say far right I mean so far right that this guy considers Tea Party people extreme liberals. He is a Fascists,  Fascist.

He hates Americans just as much and has a lot of pull in Russia. He has influence not seen there since Rasputin.

The lack of a Strong America is going to play into this too as he is no longer intimidated.

Right now he is not happy with Putin as he feels he is moving too slow and what is scary Dugin has enough growing influence that he may effect change there at some point in leadership. His  far right group is now spreading across Europe and has joined with Iran.

The more Chaos they can create the easier it will be for them to make their moves.

Just look up and read what he teaches and you will see Putin has been following his advice and he has much more things he has said that are down right scary.

Edited by hyperv6

You really want to know what is going on read up on Aleksandr Dugin as this man is behind much of the things going on in Russia today. He is dangerous and could play in some major issues and problems the work will face into the future. He makes Osama look like a amateur.

The anti gay stuff all started with Dugin.

Russia is working to regain their nationalism and he is playing a major roll. He is mixing far right politics with distorted orthodox religion and nationalisms in a way just as Hitler did in Germany in the 30's.

He is now targeting the Gays as Hitler did and they are in great danger in Russia right now. This and the stuff at the Olympic are nothing compared to what we may see. The Jews in the old Iron Curtain countries are also nervous as they know they will get to them next.

The policies of this man are being followed by Putin and others in Russia and will be felt globally in due time.

Also when I say far right I mean so far right that this guy considers Tea Party people extreme liberals. He is a Fascists,  Fascist.

He hates Americans just as much and has a lot of pull in Russia. He has influence not seen there since Rasputin.

The lack of a Strong America is going to play into this too as he is no longer intimidated.

Right now he is not happy with Putin as he feels he is moving too slow and what is scary Dugin has enough growing influence that he may effect change there at some point in leadership. His  far right group is now spreading across Europe and has joined with Iran.

The more Chaos they can create the easier it will be for them to make their moves.

Just look up and read what he teaches and you will see Putin has been following his advice and he has much more things he has said that are down right scary.

Thanks, I hadn't really looked into what was driving Russia to pass all these Anti-Gay laws but this guy sounds scary. Hopefully this gets turned around before we see a return to Fascism with a Russian twist.

I know that it isn't a statistic, but I personally know a couple of people and they seem to be exceptionally better at driving than myself or a lot of the straight people I know.

But, in all seriousness, this actually very depressing. I mean, come on. How does your sexual orientation impact driving

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2015 at 4:03 PM, kittyworker said:

I'm not really surprised by this, Russian isn't exactly known for being a progressive nation. They have over the recent years been passing more and more laws that limit the Gay and Transgender community. Honestly they remind me of the Nuremberg Laws the Nazis passed.

Not entirely unfair, as Putin is reportedly somewhat anti Semitic also.

On 1/27/2015 at 6:49 PM, ocnblu said:

A fiendish plot to make ppl buy autonomous cars.  Typical Russian tactic designed to gum up the works.

A conspiracy in every driveway...

On 2/3/2015 at 1:28 PM, timelord731 said:

I know that it isn't a statistic, but I personally know a couple of people and they seem to be exceptionally better at driving than myself or a lot of the straight people I know.

But, in all seriousness, this actually very depressing. I mean, come on. How does your sexual orientation impact driving

Exactly....

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2015 at 10:28 AM, timelord731 said:

Obviously if you do not interface with a stick, you do not know how to drive. For those that only do stick to stick, maybe it is too much stick! :retard:

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings