Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

From the not surprising file, a spy photographer has gotten the first indication of a Canyon Denali. Back in September, we reported that GMC's chief wants a Canyon Denali, but didn't give a possible timeline for when it will come out.

Pictures show a prototype Canyon wearing the Denali's chrome mesh grille and chrome bumper behind some camouflage. Now the prototype doesn't feature a chrome rear bumper like other Denali models. But it doesn't mean that the production model will not feature one.

No pictures of the prototype's interior, but we expect the usual Denali upgrades.

Source: Autoblog

View full article

And a Cyclone please.

Agreed, this is the perfect place to use that Twin Turbo V6 in a new Syclone Pickup Truck. But  then also take the Terrain and build a New Typhoon! :metal:

I think you will see a ZR2 like package for the GMC and Chevy first. It is much easier to do and much more profitable. Now add a Raptor killing turbo to that it may be interesting.

I would just be happy with the V6 in a ZQ8 suspension in standard and Crew cab. That too was an easy and profitable platform.

This may be my next vehicle but at this point it would be a SLT2 with all options unless there is something more than just some added trim. I really am not a chrome fan anyways. If Chevy does a Gear like nose I may look to it.

I hope there is more to it than just chrome trim... but with how they do the Acadia Denali and Terrain Denali, I doubt there are any powertrain changes in the works.  I'm sure you'll be able to buy a 4-cylinder Canyon Denali if you wanted one. 

No I do not expect much in drivetrains at this point. Yes I expect the 4 to be offered as the base engine.

I Got our SLT2 just a month before they announced the Terrain Denali. Looking at the price difference and the few added trim items it was not worth the cost to me and I would have kept to the SLT2.

Now at some point I would love to see them add more and different hardware like a Haldex AWD system to a Terrain and Acadia also some other items that are functional and non trim items I think that would really set them apart.

But the reality of pricing comes in. Like the Truck here A Denali loaded will be at least $40K or over in crew cab. It could be close to $45 even. Then if you start to add some expensive toys the cost would even grown more. Just how much would someone pay for one of these trucks becomes the issue.

You could easily price one out of the segment and then the sales taper off. The fact is the addition of chrome and some stitching works and they make a heck of a lot of money with it. While not for me more power to em for  making easy money here.

With every model that offers Denali trim selling at minimum 25% of them as Denalis... there isn't much motivation for GMC to do much more than chrome and different interior plastic.  If you could get 25%+ of Terrain customers to take a $3000 up charge just for that, wouldn't you?

No I do not expect much in drivetrains at this point. Yes I expect the 4 to be offered as the base engine.

I Got our SLT2 just a month before they announced the Terrain Denali. Looking at the price difference and the few added trim items it was not worth the cost to me and I would have kept to the SLT2.

Now at some point I would love to see them add more and different hardware like a Haldex AWD system to a Terrain and Acadia also some other items that are functional and non trim items I think that would really set them apart.

But the reality of pricing comes in. Like the Truck here A Denali loaded will be at least $40K or over in crew cab. It could be close to $45 even. Then if you start to add some expensive toys the cost would even grown more. Just how much would someone pay for one of these trucks becomes the issue.

You could easily price one out of the segment and then the sales taper off. The fact is the addition of chrome and some stitching works and they make a heck of a lot of money with it. While not for me more power to em for  making easy money here.

That is part of it but also how much will the marker bear price wise for a GMC Terrain?  You are not going to get many buyers over $50K as it is now.

On the other hand the Sierra is offered in a AWD  [Not 4WD] package with the 6.2 and then the other features but they can get away with the higher price on this model as there are so few other choices like it at this level. The King Ranch is trim and the High Country also is mostly just trim.

It does come down to if you can make money with some chrome trim and stitching why try a harder but also this is not a top end line as to where you can charge just any price for every model in the line up. Maybe some day they may get there but right now it would be difficult. GMC only has so much cap room with the present models and it works.

That is part of it but also how much will the marker bear price wise for a GMC Terrain?  You are not going to get many buyers over $50K as it is now.

On the other hand the Sierra is offered in a AWD  [Not 4WD] package with the 6.2 and then the other features but they can get away with the higher price on this model as there are so few other choices like it at this level. The King Ranch is trim and the High Country also is mostly just trim.

It does come down to if you can make money with some chrome trim and stitching why try a harder but also this is not a top end line as to where you can charge just any price for every model in the line up. Maybe some day they may get there but right now it would be difficult. GMC only has so much cap room with the present models and it works.

On the other hand the Sierra is offered in a AWD  [Not 4WD] package with the 6.2

For the new K2xxx models, the Sierra Denali models lost AWD that the previous models used and now feature the regular 4WD system as on all other 4WD Sierras.

Sad!

Edited by hyperv6