Chevrolet News:Rumorpile: Chevrolet SS Could Come with New Handling Package

Chevrolet engineers want to do more to the SS sedan. Motor Trend reports that engineers want to do new a handling package for the SS like the 1LE for the Camaro. The package would include a retuned suspension setup, new dampers, and tires. The report says work on this package would take around three to six months to complete. However, trying to convince the higher-ups to go forward on this project - though no reason as to why they might not approve it wasn't given.

Source: Motor Trend

View full article

There needs to be a next  Chevrolet SS. 

Knightfan brought up a good question when I met him for dinner last week:  What happens to the Cop car once Holden becomes a marketing company rather than a manufacturing company.

• Agree 1

There needs to be a next  Chevrolet SS. 

Knightfan brought up a good question when I met him for dinner last week:  What happens to the Cop car once Holden becomes a marketing company rather than a manufacturing company.

That's the question I have as well. We know there is a Holden sportscar in the works; whether that is a rebadged Camaro or something else - the answer might lay in there.

Take it for what it's worth, but last spring I spoke to a GM Fleet & Commercial manager at a fire trade show about the Caprice and he told me that GM rather push the Tahoe Special Services fleet vehicle than Caprices. Now I'm seeing more Caprices in municipal & state fleet service today that I am 2015 Tahoes but GM needs something more in line with the Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility than another sedan as the Explorer is the #1 police vehicle right now.

Take it for what it's worth, but last spring I spoke to a GM Fleet & Commercial manager at a fire trade show about the Caprice and he told me that GM rather push the Tahoe Special Services fleet vehicle than Caprices. Now I'm seeing more Caprices in municipal & state fleet service today that I am 2015 Tahoes but GM needs something more in line with the Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility than another sedan as the Explorer is the #1 police vehicle right now.

I don't think GM has a single vehicle in their entire lineup that could even begin to take on the Explorer Interceptor Utility.... and that's kinda sad.

At least Chrysler could do a Durango Pursuit.

Perhaps it is meant to be a GM performance parts package to encourage the purchase of the SS vehicles that remain un-sold.

GM never has intended to sell the car in quantities, all the magazines have confirmed it. It wants to give the perception that "we tried" but customers ran away from it.

• Agree 1

Perhaps it is meant to be a GM performance parts package to encourage the purchase of the SS vehicles that remain un-sold.

GM never has intended to sell the car in quantities, all the magazines have confirmed it. It wants to give the perception that "we tried" but customers ran away from it.

Therein lies the problem: GM has never marketed the SS at all.  Few people know about it, so the SS does not sell at all.  This is quite sad, especially given that gas is south of $2.50/gallon these days.  If GM would market the SS at least as hard as the new Colorado, they might actually sell some SS models.

Therein lies the problem: GM has never marketed the SS at all.  Few people know about it, so the SS does not sell at all.  This is quite sad, especially given that gas is south of $2.50/gallon these days.  If GM would market the SS at least as hard as the new Colorado, they might actually sell some SS models.

There is an esteemed member here who claims that GM build it but people aren't buying it. May be the GM middle manager whose d(b)ong he was smoking got him high on that thought.

Well such was the case and GM was really trying the car with 6-speed would have been on NAIAS floor. But there were 2 Cruzes and Impalas but no SS. NONE! That doesn't give perception of giving people what they want, does it?

The car is reincarnation of E39 M5 and a step forward of the G8. It deserves a good send off and letting people know its talents. It is a rare gem in GM's vanilla.

There is an esteemed member here who claims that GM build it but people aren't buying it. May be the GM middle manager whose d(b)ong he was smoking got him high on that thought.

Well such was the case and GM was really trying the car with 6-speed would have been on NAIAS floor. But there were 2 Cruzes and Impalas but no SS. NONE! That doesn't give perception of giving people what they want, does it?

The car is reincarnation of E39 M5 and a step forward of the G8. It deserves a good send off and letting people know its talents. It is a rare gem in GM's vanilla.

+1 !!

+1 !!

If I had the means, I would buy this car in a heartbeat (pun intended).  As awesome as the Charger Hellcat and new CTS-V are, neither come with a manual transmission.

+2