Trivia Tuesday: February 24, 2015

In our last Trivia Tuesday, we had a car painted with tiger stripes. This time around, we have a Thunderbird with a gigantic hole in its side! Can you answer our Trivia Tuesday questions?

1. The 'Farm-O-Road' utility vehicle was produced by which automaker?
  2. All the GM car Divisions reached their V8 displacement zeniths in model year 1970… except for one which did so 2 years removed from the others.
  3. What nickname did Buick have for it's straight eight engine of the 1940s and 1950s?
  4. What decade in automotive history saw the largest leap in rated horsepower within a single brand?
  5. What was the first model year for the Chevrolet Biscayne and the last model year for the Bel Air?
  6. What is going on with the Thunderbird in this pic?

55T_zpsd02a251c.jpg

Answers to the last Trivia Tuesday:

1. International Race of Champions
  2. 1967 Lincoln
  3. Ranger (Ford), Citation (Chevy), Pacer (AMC)
  4. 1949 2-dr hardtop body style
  5. Mercury Cougar
  6. Tiger Balm

View full article

#1 Crosley, Just read a book on this about 2 months ago.

#2 Fireball 8

#3 I know you are thinking of something else but the  Twin six 702 V12 GMC was the largest road gas engine GM offered but it was 1960-65 I believe. Not sure what you are looking for. The 455 SD Pontiac did not arrive till June 73.

#4 As a percentage I would guess Olds from 5 HP in 1901 to 60 HP  in 1910. It could be a number of models back then as they all had nothing for power to start and grew at a fast rate. I picked Olds as this was a GM based web site.

#5 1958 Biscayne first year Last year Bel Air was 75 in the states but I have seen later ones sold in Canada. We used to see them here in Ohio once in a while in the  late 70's and early 80's

#6 1955 Turbine powered Thunderbird. Raised hood intake and large exhaust looks like a Turbine engine.

Ok here we go.

#1 Crosley

#2 Oldsmobile 455 was first used in 1968 in the full size cars and Hurst Olds.

#3 Fireball 8

#4 As a percentage I would guess Olds from 5 HP in 1901 to 60 HP in 1910. It could be a number of models back then as they all had nothing for power to start and grew at a fast rate as a percentage. I picked Olds as this was a GM based web site.

#5 1958 Biscayne first year Last year Bel Air was 75 in the states but I have seen later ones sold in Canada. We used to see them here in Ohio once in a while in the late 70's and early 80's

#6 1955 Turbine powered Thunderbird. Raised hood intake and large exhaust looks like a Turbine engine.