Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

This is such a common thread across various forums that I thought could bring some extra discussion 'round these parts. The premise is simple and the title literally speaks for itself. So, as it says, what did you do to your car today?  :firebird:  

Me? I gave the Firebird a good detailing. Washed and waxed to its maximum shine for the all the mullets to embrace. 

Well, I haven't done anything to mine yet but I notice that with all the strong wind it gets dirty quickly even when it's just parked in the yard. With that being said, I may have to give it a proper clean today.

Nothing.

My 1979 Caprice Classic is just sitting in the driveway; haven't driven it all week.

My 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham is stored in east-central IL, ~5 hours from me.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I see our time has gotten stale" __ Eve 6 __ 'Inside Out'

Finally drove my 1979 Caprice Classic Wednesday afternoon.  Twas awesome weather for a short drive, too, but had to run errands.

"Years and miles are flying by" __ Bon Jovi __ 'Lost Highway'

• 2 weeks later...

Began the process of psyching myself up to put my Caprice Classics on the market again.  Don't really want to, but....

"It's such a cold blow from out of the dark" __ Brooks and Dunn __ 'That Ain't No Way To Go'

Put Z51 on my Side vents and instead of going with Red Calipers on Black wheels.. I decided to go with red Corvette Letters instead of the Silver ones that were on there. Best part... if I get tired of any of this I can remove it as the Red letters were laid over the Silver writing on the calipers.

w5zkx.jpg

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't driven my 1979 Caprice Classic since last Saturday ... a trend that will continue at least until next week.

"It's so lonely being stranded with a dream you can't let go" __ Deborah Allen __ 'I Hurt For You'

Today I had to remove some bird poop from the roof of my car. It's been a very warm day and was relieved that it hadn't damaged the paintwork.

Why is it that shortly after you wash a car a bird decides to crap on it? It's like they know.

Got gas and used a squeegie to remove bird poo.  I should go through a car wash, but it's pointless since there is another chance of rain.    My next door neighbors moved out and took most of the cats w/ them, so less cat scratches on the cars these days..and they cut down the tree in their front yard that was dropping sap and tree spines on my Jeep..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I have the misfortune of having birds pretty much living over my driveway. Maybe because of that mulberry tree which is also hanging over my driveway.

So I'm probably going to invest in car covers...

But on topic, I washed berry-colored poop off of my cars today.

Edited by aaaantoine

Firebird: Started my multi-step coolant flush after a short delay (Vacation). Also, changed the oil and added some Marvel's mystery oil to hopefully help an intermittent lifter tick (common 3800 issue). Upon the first start up, it seems to have quelled the noise. 

GTI: Washed off the dirt it collected from sitting for a week. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...