New transfer from MT Forums

I'm part of a number of forums, primarily it's been Motor Trend because they have a great community and sometimes folks from the magazine join in. Unfortunately, the quality of the site software has been plummeting for about two years now and it's just not tolerable anymore.

I'm a Chevy guy with a general love for domestic metal. I drive a regular-old Malibu and I like it quite a bit. It does have the V6 "performance" package with the high-output (port injected) 3.6L DOHC V6, hydraulic power steering, tapshift, and 18 inch wheels. I've lightly modded the car so it's making around 270 hp and tq (at the crank) with a 7000 rpm redline and it runs low/mid 14s. I tuned it with the HPTuners suite, so I'd love to talk tuning with anyone interested.

Besides cars, I play keyboard in a classic and modern rock coverband, I'm a graphic designer, and I occasionally fix computers on the side. I also like good beer, craft or otherwise--as long as it has flavor and isn't light.

Glad to be here!

**Edit: I meant to add, any other people from MT forums feel free to add to this thread. I hope to see more of us coming over soon!

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Nice, that was my favorite version of Malibu.  Welcome to C&G.  As I mentioned in the other thread, we've been around a while.  I'm the owner and I am on the site nearly every day... and even if I'm not on, if there is an issue I address it quickly.

I do have the bad habit of tinkering with the site software a lot...

I'll look into getting you added. If you're friends on Facebook with any of the M/T guys just look for someone with the initials BD, You'll see my trucks in my banner. Add me as a friend and I'll have you added to one of them. 

I am just so happy to make a post and only have to click once!  Seems to be a great site!

Hey! I recognize this name as well!

YUP YUP!!! I PMed a few others, including a few I don't really like, but bring good conversation, but after a while had to give up due to that $h!ty software. I wouldn't mind having 00Tahoe, NBM, Selfie and TAF join. I talked to Surreal already

..I think I'm in one of those groups mentioned.. ;)

Double cool.

I can talk hockey with him.

So Babcock just became the 30th coach in the Maple Leaf's history.

Who whoulda thunk that?

I heard rumours about Babcock leaving Detroit about a month ago...I said  'no way!'

Then I heard rumours about Babcock going to Toronto about a week ago...I said...'never again will I listen to stupid sports talk radio with all this crap they feed us!'

Well, I am shocked to say the least.

But...to quote Johan De Nysschen...its gonna get worse before its gets any better,  for the Maple Leafs, even with Babcock at the healms...its gonna take every single second of that 8 year deal for him to actually make something outta that team. Who knows....if he could get all of the team on same page...maybe trade a few of the bad apples...maybe shut the door on the Toronto journalists...

The Bruins hired within...Don Sweeney as GM.  I dont know about that move...it looks to me as if Cam Neely wants to be surrounded with people that kiss hiss ass. It seems like he wants to create his own boy's club...If I were Claude Julien...Id look for the boy's club mentality, if it is present...and Id get myself the hell outta there...

I could be wrong...and Don Sweeney will return to building a Big Bad Bruins Team...but I aint so sure he has the knowledge to do that...yet...

Olds, did you see the Caps choke again in legendary fashion? Up 3 games to 1 on the Rangers and they blew it. They haven't gotten past that spot in the playoffs in an eternity. I'm curious, are they known elsewhere for being choke artists?

Yeah...I saw that.

I did not want to believe they would choke this time around...but watching  game 6 head  into OT, I kinda knew then that its good night for the Caps. 

Ovi...while not his fault this time around because he did all he could do to keep his team alive...I dont think he is a winner...

You know...there are players that, while not superstars, are just pure winners and when the games count..they simply...win...and there are superstars that no matter what they do...they lose....Ovi is one of these such players I fear.

I had a bad feeling the moment they lost after being up 3-1 in the series. It was like there was a change in team mentality. They stopped playing at playoff caliber like they got cocky. Year after freakin' year!! Oh well, at least I have The Goon on bluray now, and the sequel on the way.

I had a bad feeling the moment they lost after being up 3-1 in the series. It was like there was a change in team mentality. They stopped playing at playoff caliber like they got cocky. Year after freakin' year!! Oh well, at least I have The Goon on bluray now, and the sequel on the way.

I still had faith...because of how OVI was handling himself...as a team leader. He actually did a fine job. But...after choking...again...I came to the conclusion I just did...about him not being a winner.

I didnt see that movie yet.  No time. We keep renting baseball movies...or watching the same baseball movies over and over again...

I saw A League of Their Own maybe 5 times in the 1990s...it was a GREAT movie...well, Ive seen that movie at least 10 times this past month. My daughter loves the movie. That and The Sandlot.  My son loves that one.

Next up is The Babe...John Goodman as Babe Ruth.

She took an interest in baseball heroes. I think that The Babe will be a great movie for her to enjoy baseball (she plays softball...first year) and learn the history of the game somewhat.

You should see A League Of Their own...if you love baseball...then the movie is a fantastic piece of art for baseball history.

Major League...yeah...I love that movie too. I saw that movie 100 times...but it aint a movie for a 10 year old girl or a 9 year old boy...LOL.

Double cool.

Who whoulda thunk that?

I heard rumours about Babcock leaving Detroit about a month ago...I said  'no way!'

Then I heard rumours about Babcock going to Toronto about a week ago...I said...'never again will I listen to stupid sports talk radio with all this crap they feed us!'

But...to quote Johan De Nysschen...its gonna get worse before its gets any better,  for the Maple Leafs, even with Babcock at the healms...its gonna take every single second of that 8 year deal for him to actually make something outta that team. Who knows....if he could get all of the team on same page...maybe trade a few of the bad apples...maybe shut the door on the Toronto journalists...

The Bruins hired within...Don Sweeney as GM.  I dont know about that move...it looks to me as if Cam Neely wants to be surrounded with people that kiss hiss ass. It seems like he wants to create his own boy's club...If I were Claude Julien...Id look for the boy's club mentality, if it is present...and Id get myself the hell outta there...

I could be wrong...and Don Sweeney will return to building a Big Bad Bruins Team...but I aint so sure he has the knowledge to do that...yet...

Olds, you're always good for a good, long response on just about any topic. 

I'm not sure about the Babcock move though. I'll always remember him as a Red Wing. He and Datsyuk ate the two main reasons why Detroit is one of my favorite teams.

I'm part of a number of forums, primarily it's been Motor Trend because they have a great community and sometimes folks from the magazine join in. Unfortunately, the quality of the site software has been plummeting for about two years now and it's just not tolerable anymore.

I'm a Chevy guy with a general love for domestic metal. I drive a regular-old Malibu and I like it quite a bit. It does have the V6 "performance" package with the high-output (port injected) 3.6L DOHC V6, hydraulic power steering, tapshift, and 18 inch wheels. I've lightly modded the car so it's making around 270 hp and tq (at the crank) with a 7000 rpm redline and it runs low/mid 14s. I tuned it with the HPTuners suite, so I'd love to talk tuning with anyone interested.

Besides cars, I play keyboard in a classic and modern rock coverband, I'm a graphic designer, and I occasionally fix computers on the side. I also like good beer, craft or otherwise--as long as it has flavor and isn't light.

Glad to be here!

**Edit: I meant to add, any other people from MT forums feel free to add to this thread. I hope to see more of us coming over soon!

The band sounds like fun, if you were close by and needed a singer I would absolutely volunteer my services.

You should see A League Of Their own...if you love baseball...then the movie is a fantastic piece of art for baseball history.

Major League...yeah...I love that movie too. I saw that movie 100 times...but it aint a movie for a 10 year old girl or a 9 year old boy...LOL.

Not a huge baseball fan, but it can make for some great movies, the two you mention here are definitely a couple of my favorites.

Double cool.

Who whoulda thunk that?

I'm not sure about the Babcock move though. I'll always remember him as a Red Wing. He and Datsyuk ate the two main reasons why Detroit is one of my favorite teams.

Thanx...for the vote of confidence in my ability to be long winded...but entertaining...of course. :D

Datsyuk is such a freak of nature with his soft hands.

He is the best that Ive ever seen. And Ive been watching hockey (and actually remembering and understanding what is going on...) since the early 1980s...

Babcock...he is a great coach. He knows how to win. He will be missed in Detroit.

Edited by oldshurst442

Glad to be here!

The band sounds like fun, if you were close by and needed a singer I would absolutely volunteer my services.

Not a huge baseball fan, but it can make for some great movies, the two you mention here are definitely a couple of my favorites.

Believe it or not...I actually cried once watching... A League of Their Own....at the end...

My dad had just passed away...in 2006...and I was watching TV...there was nothing else on TV late at night...and I thought to myself...what a great movie to slowly unwind and eventually fall asleep after a hard night's work...well, the end got to me...I used to go watch the Expos often in the 1980s with my dad...plus...he was a WW2 veteran...the tears just flowed as I made practically the same connections...in a weird and surreal kinda way...

Glad to be here!

We like bringing over friends to jam on practice days so hit me up if you're in the Baltimore area!

It's actually an interesting line-up. My brother plays drums and does most of the vocals (34) and my dad plays bass (61). Our family friend plays lead guitar (26) and he's the youngest in the band. Our rhythm section is incredible (how many old guys you know can nail Flea bass riffs??) and we play songs most bands wont even attempt (Riders on the Storm, Superstition, Piano Man, all sorts of stuff. We just reached a 40 song set list and are looking to start playing out.

When we record our demo I'll definitely share it.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Glad to be here!

We like bringing over friends to jam on practice days so hit me up if you're in the Baltimore area!

It's actually an interesting line-up. My brother plays drums and does most of the vocals (34) and my dad plays bass (61). Our family friend plays lead guitar (26) and he's the youngest in the band. Our rhythm section is incredible (how many old guys you know can nail Flea bass riffs??) and we play songs most bands wont even attempt (Riders on the Storm, Superstition, Piano Man, all sorts of stuff. We just reached a 40 song set list and are looking to start playing out.

When we record our demo I'll definitely share it.

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm afraid Baltimore is a bit of a drive from Iowa.  Haven't been in that area since my Army days.  Used to go to DC for a week every month due to a project I was working on.

Glad to be here!

Believe it or not...I actually cried once watching... A League of Their Own....at the end...

My dad had just passed away...in 2006...and I was watching TV...there was nothing else on TV late at night...and I thought to myself...what a great movie to slowly unwind and eventually fall asleep after a hard night's work...well, the end got to me...I used to go watch the Expos often in the 1980s with my dad...plus...he was a WW2 veteran...the tears just flowed as I made practically the same connections...in a weird and surreal kinda way...

I get it completely.  As tough as my man-ego may want me to pretend to be, there are plenty of times I find my eyes starting to get a bit misty at certain times in certain movies.

Double cool.

Who whoulda thunk that?

I'm impressed on the number of different topics that he can give a 3 part novel response to. Pretty much anything and everyting! I love it.

Sualiv.. Good to see u got the message. Should we bring over Wings? Lol

NO EFFIN' WAY!!!

:neenerneener:

U and I don't always see eye to eye, bought I brought U over.. LOL.. Either way.. I think I will take your advice on this one for once.. Wings is an old "friend," but he would troll the hell out of this place.. and C&G would have their first BANNED member in a long time I think

BTW Olds.. can U make your sig pic slightly smaller???

NOTE:

just found a new feature by mistake.. If U have to add to what U just posted... U don't have to hit edit apparently.. it just adds it to the post instead of making a totally new post. And Phone optimization is very nice. Love this software

Okay CP I've been converted!!!

Will you be our messiah to lead the charge to this new homeland? Good for a chuckle or two. :pbjtime:  

Awesome, you're here! Let's keep the messiah thing on the DL... my life insurance policy doesn't cover lightning strike as a result of blasphemy.  :ph34r:

Will you be our messiah to lead the charge to this new homeland? Good for a chuckle or two. :pbjtime:  

Awesome, you're here! Let's keep the messiah thing on the DL... my life insurance policy doesn't cover lightning strike as a result of blasphemy.  :ph34r:

If you're the messiah, and a lightning strike is considered an act of god, would that make it an act of you?  If so, then I think it would be covered as a self-inflicted accident.

If you're the messiah, and a lightning strike is considered an act of god, would that make it an act of you?  If so, then I think it would be covered as a self-inflicted accident.

You're going to give me an aneurysm trying to sort that out.