Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hi, guys!  For those of you that don't know, I also come from MT.  I used to post there all the time, but with the constant trolling and terrible forum software, I rarely post there anymore.  I am mainly a Ford guy, but not as much as I used to be.  Still love the Taurus, though.  I have a 97 with 219k miles and we also have a 2013.  A 1998 F-150 and 1989 LeBaron also resides in out fleet.  I say "we" because I am 19 and don't actually own any of these lol.  I've been posting at MT since I was 14 and I've always resisted leaving, but I guess it's finally time to move on.  I'm sure I'll still check in from time to time, though.

Thanks, guys!  

Yeah, the Taurus is getting up there.  I was planning to get a new car next year for sure, but the a/c compressor went out and they want $681 to replace it including the recharge.  Not sure if I want to spend that if I'm just going to get rid of it next year.  Plus it needs a new steering rack and the heater core is likely bad as well.  Not to mention what might go wrong between now and next summer.  The only problem is, it's not going to be fun going through summer without any a/c.  The other problem is, I can't quite afford what I want yet (Town Car).  Not sure what to do.

College is going alright.  Nothing much to say beyond that lol.  I just can't wait until the day I'm done with school forever. :thumbsup:   

Edited by TaurusSHO

Thanks, guys!  

Yeah, the Taurus is getting up there.  I was planning to get a new car next year for sure, but the a/c compressor went out and they want $681 to replace it including the recharge.  Not sure if I want to spend that if I'm just going to get rid of it next year.  Plus it needs a new steering rack and the heater core is likely bad as well.  Not to mention what might go wrong between now and next summer.  The only problem is, it's not going to be fun going through summer without any a/c.  The other problem is, I can't quite afford what I want yet (Town Car).  Not sure what to do.

College is going alright.  Nothing much to say beyond that lol.  I just can't wait until the day I'm done with school forever. :thumbsup:   

Remember, there will be plenty of time for instant gratification or self indulgence. Being in college, if you need an auto to get back and forth, then find a reliable commuter car with AC and plan to get your dream car once your out of college and working.

Thanks, guys!  

Remember, there will be plenty of time for instant gratification or self indulgence. Being in college, if you need an auto to get back and forth, then find a reliable commuter car with AC and plan to get your dream car once your out of college and working.

Oh, of course.  I'll probably end up waiting until next year anyway, I still love the Taurus too much lol.  It has been reliable and it's not like what's wrong with the car is going to leave me on the side of the road.  

Are you ready to Do It Again, Taurus?

You and I both, tried to Be True To Our School...

But,we were both Shut Down from all the trolling and the crappy forum software problems

Wouldnt it Be Nice if we could just post...

And NOT be Wiped Out?

Well, let the Good Vibrations roll

In this new Surf City  called Cheers and Gears... (OK..not a Beach Boy song...sorry)

where hopefully there are two girls for every boy...we dont like sausage fests... :yuck:      

:D :D

Good to see you, Taurus...

Edited by oldshurst442

Thanks, guys!  

If I were in your situation, I'd go to the salvage yard and pick a compressor. Those Taurii are not very hard to find there. get a couple of 16 oz cans of freon and you're good to go. 

Awesome! You made it over!

What are you looking at for possible Taurus replacements? The previous gen Focus can be had for under $10k.

Thought these were kinda cool, great wheels too (SES trim).

2009-ford-focus-ses-rear-three-quarter.j

My dad has an '09 SE Coupe. The car has been very reliable and may dad's girlfriend's '09 Focus sedan was reliable as well. Both of whom put a ton of miles on them without any problems. Alas, she hit a deer in hers and the insurance company totaled it out, so she bought a '12 Focus just this week.

However the interior is nothing to brag about, like at all. The engine is pretty buzzy, and very rough at idle for a perfectly functioning car. But it does have great dynamics with the optional rear sway bar. The chassis itself feels stiff as a brick, which is always awesome. FE for both of them was on average in the low 30's, which I think is pretty damn good. 

I know I made this post mostly for nothing since TSHO is hell-bent on a Town Car, but I thought I'd like to share my opinion. 

Welcome. We have active server management here (me), so if there are issues with the software or server, I get on it quickly because I'm almost always here. I'm not just the Cheersgears.com owner, I'm also a member.  If you have any questions on how to use things here, feel free to PM me or ask in an open thread.

Wow, Olds, I'm surprised you knew about Wipeout!  I'm curious to hear what you think of it.  Also, don't worry about Surf City as it was partially written by Brian Wilson anyway.

But yeah, I decided it was The Right Time to make this forum my new home.

I'm Feeling Sad to leave that forum,

but It's Ok because this one is leagues better.

Hopefully on this forum we can have a lot more Fun Fun Fun,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4FOiVM4bQc

but I know there will always be trolls 'Til I Die.

Now let's Sail Away and start a new journey on this forum.

Edited by TaurusSHO
  • Agree 1

Thanks, guys!  

If I were in your situation, I'd go to the salvage yard and pick a compressor. Those Taurii are not very hard to find there. get a couple of 16 oz cans of freon and you're good to go. 

Yeah, I could.  I've never done any major repair work, though so I don't know how hard it would be for me.  I'll have to look into it.  Freon is no longer legal to purchase up here, so that I would have to have done for me anyway.  

Awesome! You made it over!

What are you looking at for possible Taurus replacements? The previous gen Focus can be had for under $10k.

Thought these were kinda cool, great wheels too (SES trim).

2009-ford-focus-ses-rear-three-quarter.j

You know I hate small cars. :P  As Thed said, I'm still hellbent on getting a Town Car lol.  But if I don't get one for whatever reason, these are also on my list:  GTO, G8 (if they drop in price enough), Marauder, and MKS.

Welcome. We have active server management here (me), so if there are issues with the software or server, I get on it quickly because I'm almost always here. I'm not just the Cheersgears.com owner, I'm also a member.  If you have any questions on how to use things here, feel free to PM me or ask in an open thread.

Thanks!