Random Thoughts Thread

Picture taken so no one will say I was REALLY drunk and seeing things when I tell the story later

dw46yg.jpg

at a bar in Kent Narrows when a duck just waddles his ass in and chills for a minute. I offered him a drink.. but he had already had a few too many.. 1r45kn.jpg

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I was on craigslist for no good reason today and came across this gem of a post.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5037065595.html

It isn't so much the vehicle or anything.. but they took pictures of their phone pictures to use. The person even acknowledged it but it's still funny to me. Classic craigslist.

Edited by ccap41

I love "Craigslist" by "Weird" Al Yankovic (ccap's post made me think of it).  It is the perfect choice of a parody in the style of The Doors (I feel like Morrison would have appreciated Al taking the stuffing out of a commercial entity like Craigslist).

• Agree 1

It's a wonderful thing to see a sunset in northern Alberta in the late spring. The sun dips below the horizon, the colours go from orange to purple to deep blue, and finally... the deep blue stops getting darker, shuffles across the horizon to the right, and promptly starts getting brighter again. What, where did the stars go?

Edited by El Kabong
  • Agree 2

So I was excited to the Lumia 640 in Canada. It makes perfect sense from the just the advantages for business's productivity needs - including all of MS Office, LTE, an A/C as well as a b/g/n wi-fi NIC.  And then Microsoft takes off the ad "Coming Soon" and eliminates all traces of the said phone. 

And infuriates me as I was going get it, for myself and my partners. Damn you, RIM, you're finished. Aging platform and the using QNX for the subcontracting business instead of focusing on your own devices. I have a hunch that ever since Alan Mullally became a director or whatever... that he forced MS to only think of profitability and choose not to send an awesome phone to Canada, because obviously we were one of the few firms looking to have a cloud platform as a infrastructure and mobility solutions provider. Damn you Microsoft.

Some people chose to put fences in places not in their best interests.

Try and tell them that, tho.

That's somewhat along the lines of my thoughts right now ... hurt & angry cover it, too.

*sighs*

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Action speaks louder than words" __ Black Crowes __ 'Hard To Handle'

Cannot wait for windows 10 to get here as the current build I am using is awesome. Just need the final version now.

Me too....  It has actually brought an old laptop back to being usable again because it is faster than Window 7.

I find it fascinating how two people who grew up in the same household, with the same kinds of influences around them can develop to have such drastically different ways of doing things.How on earth did my siblings and I (one in particular) manage to take such vastly different lessons from the way we were raised?  Or did the problems come from something after moving away from home?

Edited by SalesmanSean
  • Thanks 1

I find it fascinating how two people who grew up in the same household, with the same kinds of influences around them can develop to have such drastically different ways of doing things.How on earth did my siblings and I (one in particular) manage to take such vastly different lessons from the way we were raised?  Or did the problems come from something after moving away from home?

Yeah, me and my older brother are very opposite personalities. He's the laid-back charmer, while I'm the wrought iron fist of the family. We sometimes don't even understand how that even happened. We both went to the same schools, sure he's 5 years older than me, but still. 

Yeah, me and my older brother are very opposite personalities. He's the laid-back charmer, while I'm the wrought iron fist of the family. We sometimes don't even understand how that even happened. We both went to the same schools, sure he's 5 years older than me, but still. 

My brother and I are waaaayy different too, but it was pretty obvious growing up. He was popular in high school and gave my parents hell, I was book smart and dorky, my parents barely had to try.

My brother and I are waaaayy different too, but it was pretty obvious growing up. He was popular in high school and gave my parents hell, I was book smart and dorky, my parents barely had to try.

I get personality differences completely, those are definitely to be expected, but I would think things like parenting are largely learned from our parents,and my sister definitely did not learn her parenting there, or anywhere else from our childhood based on her way of doing things.  Even Al Bundy was a better example than whatever she has chosen to follow.

I get personality differences completely, those are definitely to be expected, but I would think things like parenting are largely learned from our parents,and my sister definitely did not learn her parenting there, or anywhere else from our childhood based on her way of doing things.  Even Al Bundy was a better example than whatever she has chosen to follow.

My brother's a parent, and he's also way different than my parents were and how I intend to be. He and his wife are parents because that's what you're "supposed to do" after marriage. I WANT to be a dad someday, I'm great with kids and I know when to lay down the law.

My brother's a parent, and he's also way different than my parents were and how I intend to be. He and his wife are parents because that's what you're "supposed to do" after marriage. I WANT to be a dad someday, I'm great with kids and I know when to lay down the law.

Yeah, she wanted kids, but I don't think she ever wanted the responsibility that comes with it, and so she has 4 kids and 3 pets and isn't equipped to take care of any one of them.  Maybe it would bother me less if I didn't feel it reflects poorly on how our parents raised her and I feel like she should not be allowed to tarnish their reputation because they actually did a danged good job.  Oh, well, done venting on that for the moment, I just had to listen to some junk from her this morning "parenting" my nieces that got under my skin a bit, because unfortunately, for financial reasons, our families are sharing a house right now (her and her 4 kids with me, my wife, and my son).

Ohhhhh boy that sounds like a real party.

I totally understand you though. Plenty of awful, horrible, never-should-have-had-kids sort of parents in my extended family. The worst part is that they're always the first ones to open their mouth and say something really hypocritical! It's something about the generations following the baby boomers that just got out of whack, I see more bad parenting than good parenting.

Why oh Why do morons who are so afraid to drive get licenses. Driving 35 on a freeway stated as 65 is dangerous to everyone. Turning your hazard lights on does not help and you being bunched up against the steering wheel is not helping either. Get off the Fricking Highway.

• Sad 1

Why oh Why do morons who are so afraid to drive get licenses. Driving 35 on a freeway stated as 65 is dangerous to everyone. Turning your hazard lights on does not help and you being bunched up against the steering wheel is not helping either. Get off the Fricking Highway.

I've always said that the most dangerous people on the road are the ones to scared to drive properly.  They may feel like their extra caution makes them safer, but they tend towards a higher number of stupid reactions, and they get spooked more easily, not to mention the way they can bring the flow of traffic to a halt very quickly and unexpectedly.

• Agree 2

I FINALLY washed, detailed and waxed my car and my wife's car for the first time since winter ended....

I FINALLY got all the salt stains and grime and dirt and dust from both car's interiors the last 3-4 days.

I AM EXHAUSTED! :dizzy:

But I am THRILLED that both cars look GREAT, smell GREAT and I could be proud again driving them. :w00t:

And Trans Am...just because!

:1999-pontiac-30th:

• Agree 1

I FINALLY washed, detailed and waxed my car and my wife's car for the first time since winter ended....

I FINALLY got all the salt stains and grime and dirt and dust from both car's interiors the last 3-4 days.

But I am THRILLED that both cars look GREAT, smell GREAT and I could be proud again driving them. :w00t:

OLDS, Other than being totally immature:

Pics (Show us some pics of the cars). Picas........ Pickachuuus... PICK AND CHOOSE THUG LIFE... 

pikachu-goes-hard-in-the-paint_o_700058.

Sorry Sauvi.

I havent posted personal pics on the internets all this time...I aint gonna start now.

"Identity theft and all things bad like that" phobia Ive got.

The only personal pic Ive posted in my life was in these here forums with the Olds Alero....

I took a chance on that...since that pic was taken in 2000-2001 at my parents home....very hard for it to bite me in the butt.

Edited by oldshurst442

Let's see some glory shots of them! I loooove the feeling of a thoroughly cleaned vehicle!

Edit: oops I didn't see the above posts. Lol

Edited by ccap41

Picture taken so no one will say I was REALLY drunk and seeing things when I tell the story later

dw46yg.jpg

at a bar in Kent Narrows when a duck just waddles his ass in and chills for a minute. I offered him a drink.. but he had already had a few too many.. 1r45kn.jpg

KENT NARROWS?  Cool!

Sorry Sauvi.

I havent posted personal pics on the internets all this time...I aint gonna start now.

"Identity theft and all things bad like that" phobia Ive got.

The only personal pic Ive posted in my life was in these here forums with the Olds Alero....

I took a chance on that...since that pic was taken in 2000-2001 at my parents home....very hard for it to bite me in the butt.

Oh it's all cool, I don't even have a car at the moment. I didn't need one anymore, so right now, with my commute being 5 minutes away; and everything I could possibly need 10 minutes away, I ride my vintage road bike. 

dw46yg.jpg

KENT NARROWS?  Cool!

No doubt... U've been??? Cool place. Thinking of buying another property down there or St. Michaels, then a 30-40 Footer to pull up to a house on the water

R U worried someone is going to run a plate, or is it something else?

Yeah...something like that...and much more.... Location identification and ransom and blackmail and stuff...

Yeah...only in the movies, right?  Well, I aint taking that chance...because sometimes art does imitate life...and there has been real life cases of what I fear...so...there is that.

Anyhoo...in another random thought...my first "IGNORE POSTER"  feature will be activated shortly...and I aint talking about you, Balthazar....I like you...a lot...the 442 helps but the 1940s Truck you have just makes me respect the crap outta you...you are a REAL car crazy guy...I like that

Watts, ohms, volts, bah!

I LOVE ELECTRICITY

Reason #1 ZEUS and his lightning bolts

Zeus.gif

Reason #2  Raijin...Japanese Mythology...

(I love history)

kenninji-temple-3.jpg

Raiden makes for very cool movie and video game characters.

And...

Why AC/DC of course!!!

And how appropriate...THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

and HIGH VOLTAGE

Edited by oldshurst442

I saw this ad on here today.. I thought it was ironic with the closing of the sexy/beautiful women thread(I understand why by the way). Just thought it was funny!

LOL  actually, you get ads based on your browsing history.  I don't choose the ads. 

• Agree 1

I saw this ad on here today.. I thought it was ironic with the closing of the sexy/beautiful women thread(I understand why by the way). Just thought it was funny!

LOL  actually, you get ads based on your browsing history.  I don't choose the ads. 

Hahahahahahaha! Somebody's been horny lately...

Hahaha that's hilarious! I've googled "farmer's only" before because I questioned if it was a real thing, it is by the way. For those of you not near farms.. it's an online dating site for, you guessed it, FARMERS! Hahaha

So.. now it makes me curious why I have these dating sites ads on mah phone! :confused0071:

dw46yg.jpg

KENT NARROWS?  Cool!

No doubt... U've been??? Cool place. Thinking of buying another property down there or St. Michaels, then a 30-40 Footer to pull up to a house on the water

I lived on the Eastern Shore for 27 years, went to school down there.  Lived in Centreville and Easton.  Love St. Michaels, too.  Still have family down there.

dw46yg.jpg

KENT NARROWS?  Cool!

I lived on the Eastern Shore for 27 years, went to school down there.  Lived in Centreville and Easton.  Love St. Michaels, too.  Still have family down there.

Crazy.. I spent many a summer in Princess Anne, Pokomoke and Salisbury